Mi Electric Shaver S500
We, SOOCAS (Shenzhen) Technology Co., Ltd., hereby, declare that this equipment is in compliance with the applicable Directives and European Norms, and amendments. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: http://www.mi.com/global/service/support/declaration.html All products bearing this symbol are waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE as in directive 2012/19/EU) which should not be mixed with unsorted household waste. Instead, you should protect human health and the environment by handing over your waste electrical and electronic equipment, appointed by the government or local authorities. Correct disposal and recycling will help prevent potential negative consequences to the environment and human health. Please contact the installer or local authorities for more information about the location as well as the terms and conditions of such collection points.
For further information, please go to www.mi.com Manufactured by: SOOCAS (Shenzhen) Technology Co., Ltd. (a Mi Ecosystem company) Address: Room 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104, 401 & 402, Building 2, Chongwen Area, Nanshan iPark, No. 3370 Liuxian Avenue, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China
1. The body of the shaver can be cleaned with water only after being disconnected from the charging cable.
2. Do not disassemble the body to replace the battery.
3. Always hold the plug when plugging in or unplugging the charging cable. Never directly pull the cable.
4. Do not charge this shaver for extended periods of time while leaving it unattended, and do not charge it longer than 24 hours.
5. This shaver contains a built-in rechargeable battery, and should never be exposed to fire, nor charged, used, or stored in high-temperature environments.
6. Do not place or insert any foreign objects into this shaver.
7. Do not modify or repair this shaver yourself.
8. Detach the hand-held part from the supply cord before cleaning it in water.
1. Immediately stop using the charging cable if it is damaged or working improperly.
2. If the charging cable is damaged, it must be replaced with a genuine charging cable purchased from the manufacturer or after-sales service department.
3. Keep this shaver out of reach of children.
4. Make sure the charging port is dry when charging.
5. Use a 5 V charger when charging.
6. Fully charge the shaver at least once every six months, if it will not be used for an extended period of time.
1. This shaver is intended for indoor use only.
2. This shaver is intended for use by a single individual only.
3. When traveling, make sure to install the protective cover and enable the travel lock to protect the shaver.
4. It is recommended to charge, use, and store this shaver at temperatures between 5°C to 35°C.
5. Do not wrap the charging cable around the shaver to avoid damage to the cable.
6. This shaver is only suitable for facial hair and is not recommended to be used to shave one’s head or other parts of the body.
7. This shaver meets the IPX7 s tan d ards for waterproofing and can be cleaned with water. However, it should not be immersed in water for an extended period of time.
8. It is normal for water to drip through the gaps of the body when rinsing the shaver.
However, this poses no danger since all electronic components are enclosed in an independent waterproof compartment inside the shaver. Standing it upright can help get rid of the water quickly.
9. This shaver is not intended for use by people (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or a lack of experience and knowledge unless they are under the supervision of or have been given instructions concerning the use of the shaver by a person responsible for their safety.
Illustrations of the product, accessories and user interface in this user manual are for reference purposes only. The actual product and functions may vary due to product enhancements.
How to Use
It is normal for the skin to be slightly irritated after the first few shaves. It is recommended to regularly use the shaver (at least 3 times a week) for 3 weeks to allow the skin to adapt as quickly as possible.
- Press the button to turn the shaver on/off. Once the shaver is turned on, the battery level indicator will display the battery level simultaneously, and the clean/error, travel lock, and speed indicators will sequentially turn on and off. Once the shaver is turned off, all indicators will go off.
- When the shaver is turned on, press and hold the button for 1 second to switch between speed mode (speed indicator is on) and standard mode (speed indicator is off).
- Apply gentle pressure while shaving your face in circular motions. It is not necessary to repeatedly shave the same area to achieve a clean shave (shave dry for an optimal result).
Note: Improper use of the shaver can easily cause damage to the shaving head and its blades. Please check whether the shaving head and its blades are intact before use. Immediately stop using the shaver if the shaving head or its blades are damaged.
This shaver is equipped with a travel lock to prevent it from accidentally being turned on while it is inside the luggage.
- Enabling the travel lock: When the shaver is turned off, press and hold the button for 3 seconds to enable the travel lock. Once it is enabled, the travel lock indicator will turn on for 3 seconds then go off.
- Disabling the travel lock: When the shaver’s travel lock is enabled, the travel lock and battery level indicators will blink if you press the button. To disable the travel lock, press and hold the button for 3 seconds. Then the travel lock and battery level indicators will blink and go off, and the shaver will turn on afterward.
Battery Level Indication
To charge the shaver, connect the charging cable to the shaver (Type-C) and an adapter (USB-A). While charging, the battery level indicator will blink slowly and the number will increase. Once it is fully charged, the battery level indicator will display 100% and stop blinking.
|< 5 %||On|
|0%||Unable to turn on|
Note: The shaver supports plug-and-play. When the battery is low, you can use the shaver during charging. However, never use the shaver in the shower when the charging port is wet during charging.
Cleaning and Maintenance
If the clean/error indicator blinks for 5 seconds and then goes off after turning on the shaver, please clean it for an optimal effect. The clean/error indicator will automatically blink for 5 seconds once every 30 minutes of use to remind the user to regularly clean the stubble buildup.
1. Make sure the shaver is turned off and is not being charged before cleaning it.
2. Rinse the shaving head under a faucet (warm water is recommended).
3. Remove the shaving head from the holder.
4. Rinse away the stubble buildup with water or use the cleaning brush to remove it.
5. Turn over the shaving head to clean its inside under a faucet. lt is recommended to use warm water, and do not use a towel or paper towel to wipe the head.
6. Wipe away any excess water from the shaving head holder, and reinstall the shaving head.
Note: Use the protective cover to cover the charging port while cleaning the shaver. Make sure the charging port is dry when plugging in the cable to charge.
The shaver can be cleaned under a faucet. To keep the charging port dry, make sure it is firmly covered.
Note: To ensure the performance of the shaver, it is recommended to replace the shaving head every two years. Please go to www.mi.com to purchase a replacement.
When the shaver reaches the end of its service life, please remove, dispose of or recycle the built-in battery in accordance with local laws and regulations of the country or region it is used in.
Do not expose this shaver or its battery to fire to prevent the battery from exploding or releasing toxic and hazardous substances.
Note: Make sure the battery is completely depleted before removing it.
1. Use a standard screwdriver to pry open the bottom and top covers, and remove the on/off button of the shaver. These parts cannot be restored once they are disassembled.
2. Use a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the screws on the bottom and release the inner compartment.
3. Use a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the screws from the inner compartment, then use a standard screwdriver to pry open the inner compartment from the bottom. Cut off the contact plate on the battery and be careful not to short circuit the contact plate. Remove the battery and handle it appropriately.
|Name: Mi Electric Shaver||Model: S500|
|Rated Voltage: 3,7 V||Charging Port: Type-C|
|Rated Power: 3 W||Rated Input: 5 V 1A|
|IP Rating: IP×7||Charging Time: Approx. 90 min|
|Made in China|
|Poor-quality shaving||Shaving head is damaged or worn out||Replace with a genuine shaving head|
|Shaving head is clogged up with stubbles||Thoroughly clean the shaving head|
|Low or depleted battery||Connect the charging cable to charge|
|The shaver does not work after pressing the button||On/off button does not function||Return the shaver to after-sales service for repair|
|Travel lock is enabled||Press and hold the 3 seconds to disable|
|Indicator light is in error or does not light up||Low battery, needs to be charged||Charge the shaver|
|Circuit board is damaged||Return the shaver to after-sales service for repair|
|Irritated skin after shaving||Shaving head is damaged or worn out||Replace with a genuine shaving head|
|It takes a certain period of time for your skin to adapt to the shaver||Skin irritation will fade after 2-3 weeks of use|
|Unable to charge||Shaver is damaged||Return the shaver to service for repair|
|Ambient temperature is too low/high to charge||Charge in environments with a temperature between 5°C to 35°C|
|The usage time is less than 60 minutes after being fully charged||The load on the motor is increased if the shaving head hasn’t been cleaned for a long time||Thoroughly clean the shaving head|
|Shaver battery error||Return the shaver to after-sales service for repair|
|Clean/error indicator blinks for 5 seconds after turning on the shaver||The load on the motor is increased if the shaving head hasn’t been cleaned for a long time||Thoroughly clean the shaving head|
|Shaving head is not properly installed||Reinstall the shaving head or contact after-sales service|
As a Xiaomi consumer, you benefit under certain conditions from additional warranties. Xiaomi offers specific consumer warranty benefits which are in addition to, and not instead of, any legal warranties provided by your national consumer law. The duration and conditions related to the legal warranties are provided by respective local laws. For more information about the consumer warranty benefits, please refer to Xiaomi’s official website https://www.mi.com/en/service/warranty/.
Except as prohibited by laws or otherwise promised by Xiaomi, the after-sales services shall be limited to the country or region of the original purchase. Under the consumer warranty, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Xiaomi will, at its discretion, repair, replace or refund your product. Normal wear and tear, force majeure, abuse or damage caused by the user’s negligence or fault are not warranted. The contact person for the after-sale service may be any person in Xiaomi’s authorized service network, Xiaomi’s authorized distributors, or the final vendor who sold the products to you. If in doubt please contact the relevant person as Xiaomi may identify.
The present warranties do not apply in Hong Kong and Taiwan. Products that were not duly imported and/or were not duly manufactured by Xiao mi and/or were not duly acquired from Xiao mi or Xiaomi’s official seller are not covered by the present warranties. As per applicable law, you may benefit from warranties from the non-official retailer who sold the product. Therefore, Xiaomi invites you to contact the retailer from whom you purchased the product.
Na Roudné 1162/76, 301 00 Plzeň