MIDLAND Portable Power Station User Manual
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF MIDLAND RADIO
Congratulations on your purchase of a high quality MIDLAND product. Your PPG1000 Portable Power Station represents state-of-the-art high
tech engineering. It is a quality piece of electronic equipment, skillfully constructed with the finest components. Your Portable Power Station is
designed for reliable and trouble-free performance for years to come.
- 1,000 Watt Inverter
- 924Wh Lithium-Ion Battery
- DC/Solar Input
- AC Input
- AC Quick-Charge Input
- GFCI AC Output x 2
- 5V USB Output x 2
- 20V USB-C Output x 2
- 12V DC Output x 1
- IP67 Water Resistant Case
- Lightweight: only weighs 25 pounds
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful
interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received,including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Indicates the charge level of the battery. The battery will flash when the battery has less than 10% capacity
- Indicates which output is being used
- Alerts the user there is an error with one of the outputs. An example would be: AC + ERROR
- Alerts the user that the unit needs to be reset in order to operate properly. The user must turn off the PPG1000, wait 10 seconds, then turn the unit back on.
- Indicates that the PPG1000 is charging.
Features of the PPG1000 Waterproof Case
- With the lid closed and properly sealed, the PPG1000 in its case has been independently certified by a 3rd party lab as Waterproof to IP67
standards, according to test procedures outlined in IEC 60529; Although the PPG1000 has been designed to be waterproof while the case is
sealed, Midland does not recommend deliberately exposing the PPG1000 to moisture even when closed. In order to protect your PPG1000, we
recommend the following steps be observed: Ensure that the gasket in the lid of the case, and where the lid meets
the lower portion of the case are both free from obstruction and undamaged.
- Close the lid of the PPG1000 case, and secure both of the toggle latches on the front of the case.
- If the PPG1000 comes into contact with liquid while it is sealed, dry the outside of the case thoroughly, taking care to wick away any moisture where the lid meets the lower portion of the case; after opening the case, continue to dry off any portion of the lid, gasket, and lower chassis that may be accidentally exposed to moisture trapped outside of the gasket.
Note: Do not turn the valve on the front of the PPG1000 case, as this might damage the valve voiding the waterproof characteristics of the valve.
Charging your PPG1000
The PPG1000 can be charged by an AC adaptor (Included), 12V DC Car Charger, or by a solar charge.
- Plug the 12V barrel plug into the 12V~30V charge socket
- Plug the AC Adaptor into an AC outlet.
NOTE: It takes approximatley 17 hours to fully charge your PPG1000 with the AC Adaptor. If you are using the Quick Charge Adaptor (not included, sold seperatly) to charge your PPG1000, it takes approximatley 7 hours to fully charge the PPG1000.
12V DC Car Charging
- Plug the 12V barrel plug into the DC Input 12V~30V socket.
- Plug the the other end of the DC Car Charging Cable into the vehicle’s cigarette lighter socket.
NOTE: It is not recommended to charge the PPG1000 through the vehicle, it will take too much time to fully charge the PPG1000. The vehicle can be used as a top off charge for the PPG1000.
Charging a Device through the DC Outputs
- Press and release the power button to turn on the power station. This will activate the DC outputs and ports.
- To turn off the DC Outputs press and release the power button.
Charging a Device through the GFCI AC Output
- Press and release the AC button on the power station. This will activate the AC Outputs
- To turn off the GFCI AC Outputs, press and release the power button.
- Press and release the power button to turn on the power station.
- Press and release the LED button to turn on the LED light.
- To turn off the LED light, press and release the LED button.
- If the GFCI outlet is tripped, it can be reset normally just like the ones in your home. If the GFCI reset button is pressed accidentally when the GFCI does not need to be reset, it is possible that the PPG1000 will falsely detect this as an error; since the GFCI outlet has not been tripped, you can reset this error message by simply powering off the PPG1000 for a few seconds, and restarting it. In general, the PPG1000 will indicate an error by identifying the impacted ports (AC, DC, USB 5V, or USB 20V), and the word “ERROR”. If the PPG1000 indicates an error, simply turn the PPG1000 off for a few seconds; if when you turn the PPG1000 back on the error persists, unplug whatever device is responsible, as it may be incompatible or faulty
PPG1000 Helpful Tips and Tricks
- The PPG1000 case is a hermetically sealed waterproof case. You may find it difficult to open the case in the winter time when you charge the power station in your home then take it out in the cold temperature.
- When the PPG1000 battery level is less than 5%, the power station will shut off to protect the battery.
- When not in use, it is best to charge your PPG1000 every 3 months to maintain the quality of the battery
- It is best to use the USB outputs when charging your smartphone or tablet.
- Do NOT use your PPG1000 if it is damaged, or has been modified or altered in any way
- Do NOT expose your PPG1000 to water or any fluids while the case is open. Although the PPG1000 is resistant to water when the case is closed and locked, it is not intended to be submerged.
- Do NOT store or place your PPG1000 near fire, extreme heat, or where there are combustable fumes or gases.
- Your PPG1000 is not a toy, and is not intended for use by children without adult supervision; in this regard, treat it as you would an outlet in your home.
- Do NOT clean the operation panel with water or solvents. Before cleaning turn off the unit, unplug the AC adaptor, and then wipe gently with a dry, soft cloth.
- Store your PPG1000 in an enviornment between -10 °C (14 °F) and 55 °C (131 °F). Charge fully once every 3 months
- Do NOT disassemble, modify in any way, or attempt to service your PPG1000 yourself, as this may result in damage to the unit or injury to yourself or others, and will void your warranty.
- Do NOT insert foreign objects into the DC/AC power sockets, ventilation slots, or any other opening in your PPG1000; use only the correct connector for each power socket on your PPG1000.
- Do NOT strike or drop your PPG1000
- Do NOT charge or operate your PPG1000 in temperatures exceeding the operating temperatures described in this manual. Unplug your PPG1000 AC adaptor during lightning storms or when not in use.
- Follow all power and current ratings in this manual; do NOT overload the AC or DC outputs.
Failure to operate, store, and care for your PPG1000 according to these guidelines may damage the unit or diminish performance. Abuse of the unit may lead to property damage, injury, or death.
LIMITED WARRANTY (United States and Canada)
Subject to the exclusions set forth below, Midland Radio Corporation will repair or replace, at its option without charge, any Midland PPG1000 which fails due to a defect in material nor workmanship within One Year following the initial consumer purchase. This warranty does not apply to water damage, battery leak, abuse or misuse of unauthorized accessories, unauthorized service or modification or altered products. Accessories have a 90 day warranty from date of purchase including the power cable, that is included with the unit.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED AS SET FORTH HEREIN AND TO THE DURATION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY, OTHERWISE THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MIDLAND BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, BODILY INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE AND DEATH) FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR ACCESSORY, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS OR ACCESSORIES TO THE FULL EXTENT THESE DAMAGES MAY BE DISCLAIMED BY LAW.
For Product Purchased in the USA:
Performance of any obligation under this warranty may be obtained by returning the warranted product, prepaid freight, along with proof of purchase to:
Midland Radio Corporation
Warranty Service Department
5900 Parretta Drive
Kansas City, MO 64120
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
NOTE: The above warranty applies only to merchandise purchased in the United States of America or any of the territories or possessions thereof, or from a U.S. Military exchange
For Product Purchased in Canada:
Performance of any obligation under this warranty may be obtained by returning the warranted product, along with proof of purchase, to your place of purchase in Canada. This warranty gives you specified legal rights. Additional warranty rights may be provided by law in some areas within Canada.
Accessories can be purchased at www.midlandusa.com
MIDLAND RADIO CORPORATION
5900 Parretta Drive
Kansas City, MO 64120
or by visiting us at:
Note: Features and Specifications are subject to change without
notice. MIDLAND RADIO CORPORATION is not responsible for
unintentional errors or omissions on its packaging.