powerstation® plus & power station plus XL
Made for Apple and USB devices
Thank you for purchasing the mophie® powerstation® plus or powerstation plus XL portable battery. Your powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery is a compact yet powerful mobile charging solution that features a integrated Lightning charging cable for your Apple devices and an additional USB-A port so you can also charge most USB devices and wearables. Wireless input charging (powerstation plus XL only) lets you recharge your portable battery by placing it on any Qi-compatible wireless charger. Now you will be able to travel great distances and be the master of your own destiny, no longer bound by the limitations of your device’s internal battery or by having to bring the right charging cable!
- powerstation plus or powerstation plus XL portable battery
- Quick-start guide
Here’s a rundown of why your powerstation plus or powerstation plus XL portable battery is so great:
- High-density, high-output portable battery charges at fast speeds–up to 2.1A.
- Integrated charging cable with a Lightning connector–the right cable to charge your Apple device is always with you.
- Additional USB-A output port is compatible with most USB devices and wearables.
- Wireless input charging (powerstation plus XL only) lets you recharge your portable battery by simply placing it on any mophie wireless charging pad or Qi-compatible wireless charger.
- Lightning input port uses your Apple device’s Lightning cable to recharge the powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery at fast speeds–up to 2.1A with a compatible wall adapter.
- Priority+® pass-through charging provides power to a device connected to the integrated Lightning cable before the powerstation plus/ powerstation plus XL portable battery starts to recharge from its Lightning input port.
- Track battery power at a glance with the integrated four-light LED status indicator. You can keep tabs on charging status and current battery life. Know before you go!
- mophie’s smart adaptive charging technology identifies your connected device and always delivers the fastest, most efficient charging speeds available.
- Digital Power Management circuitry provides built-in short-circuit, overcharge, undercharge, and temperature protection. Safety first!
Your powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery features a integrated Lightning charging cable so you’re always ready to charge your Apple devices. It also has a USB-A port that will work with most USB devices and wearables.
- If you experience any issues with charging your particular device, ensure that the powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery is fully charged and check the FAQ section on this website.
As always, no matter what device you have, carefully read through the Warning section in this manual and in the quick-start guide included with your portable battery before using it.
Wired recharging requires a Lightning cable and a USB wall adapter (not supplied).
The powerstation plus XL portable battery will wirelessly recharge from all mophie wireless charging pads (not supplied) and all Qi-compatible wireless chargers, including those used in coffee houses, furniture, and vehicles.
Charging your portable battery
IMPORTANT: Before using your powerstation plus/ powerstation plus XL portable battery for the first time, fully charge it (so that pressing the charge status button lights all four status LEDs).
Connect the Lightning cable included with your Apple device to your powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery’s Lightning input port and to a power source with a USB output, such as the wall adapter included with your Apple device.
(powerstation plus XL portable battery only)
- Place the powerstation plus XL portable battery on a mophie wireless charging pad or other Qi-compatible wireless charging base.
- Make sure that the powerstation plus XL portable battery is centered on the charging pad as shown in the illustration. Charging will begin automatically.
Charging your device
After you have fully charged your powerstation plus/ powerstation plus XL portable battery, connect it to your device. Your powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery features a integrated Lightning charging cable, so you always have the right cable with you to charge your Apple devices.
- Pull out the Lightning cable from the side of the powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery as shown below. 2. Connect the cable to your Apple device’s Lightning connector. Press the status button for 3 seconds to begin charging.
Your powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery also has a USB-A port that is compatible with most USB devices and wearables. Connect the USB cable included with your device to the powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery’s USB-A port and to your device. Press the status button for 3 seconds to begin charging. You can connect devices to the portable battery’s USB-A port and to its integrated Lightning cable at the same time.
Priority+ pass-through charging
When you’re recharging your powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery, Priority+ pass-through charging provides power to an Apple device connected to the portable battery’s integrated Lightning charging cable first, before the portable battery starts to recharge. (The portable battery’s USB-A port is disabled during Priority+ pass-through charging.)
Note: If you’re recharging the powerstation plus or powerstation plus XL portable battery from your computer, Priority+ pass-through charging can sync with iTunes using the powerstation portable battery’s integrated Lightning cable.
Checking your portable battery’s charging status Press the status button on your powerstation plus/ powerstation plus XL portable battery and the status LEDs will indicate its charge level. Four LEDs means that the portable battery is fully charged, while one LED means that it’s almost empty. Know before you go!
Taking care of your portable battery
- Keep your powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery dry and away from moisture and corrosive materials.
- Do not clean your powerstation plus/ powerstation plus XL portable battery with harsh chemicals, soaps, or detergents. Just wipe the case with a soft cloth.
- Make sure the powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery’s input and output ports do not become contaminated with lint or other debris. Use a canned-air type of product periodically to ensure that the port openings are clear.
- Recharge your powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery once every three months when not in use. If you plan on putting it away, fully charge it (so that pressing the charge status button lights all 4 status LEDs) first.
At mophie, we are dedicated to making the best quality products. To back this up, this product is warranted for 2 years from date of purchase. For full details regarding warranty terms and exclusions, please visit: mophie.com/warranty. This warranty does not affect any statutory rights that you may be entitled to. Keep a copy of your purchase receipt as proof of purchase. Be sure to register your product at mophie.com. Failure to register your product and/ or provide proof of purchase may void the warranty.
Exclusions and limitations
Except for the limited warranty expressly set forth or to the extent restricted or prohibited by applicable law, mophie expressly disclaims any and all other warranties express or implied, including any warranty of quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, and you specifically agree that mophie shall not be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, punitive, or consequential damages of any type on any mophie product. In addition to and without limiting the generality of the foregoing disclaimers, the limited warranty does not, under any circumstances, cover the replacement or cost of any electronic device or personal property inside or outside of the mophie product.
You may have additional warranty rights depending on your country, state, or province. Further, some countries, states, and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or exclusions or limitations on the duration of implied warranties, so the above may not apply to you. If any provision of the warranty is found unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect any remaining provision.
Telephone: 1-888-8mophie [1-888-866-7443]
International: +1 (269) 743-1340
Read all instructions and warnings prior to using this product. Improper use of this product may result in product damage, excess heat, toxic fumes, fire, or explosion, for which damages you (“Purchaser”), and not mophie llc (“Manufacturer”) are responsible.
Before using your powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery for the first time, fully charge it (so that pressing the charge status button lights all 4 of the status LEDs).
Do not store device in high-temperature environment, including heat caused by intense sunlight or other forms of heat. Do not place device in fire or other excessively hot environments.
The powerstation plus/powerstation plus XL portable battery should be operated only in open-air conditions. It should not be operated in an enclosed, unventilated space such as a carrying bag, pocket, purse, or bedding. Failure to follow these instructions may cause damage to the battery by overheating.
Be cautious of drops, bumps, abrasions, or other impacts to this device. If there is any damage to the device such as dents, punctures, tears, deformities, or corrosion due to any cause, discontinue use. Contact Manufacturer or dispose of it in an appropriate manner at your local battery-recycling center.
Do not disassemble this device or attempt to re-purpose or modify it in any manner.
For questions or instructions about the ways to charge the device refer to the Charging your portable battery section of this user manual.
Do not attempt to replace any part of this device.
If this device is accessible to or may be used by a minor, purchasing adult agrees to be solely responsible for providing supervision, instruction, and warnings. Purchaser agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold Manufacturer harmless for any claims or damages arising from unintended use or misuse by a minor.
All products have gone through a thorough quality assurance inspection. If you find that your device is excessively hot, is emitting odor, is deformed, abraded, cut, or is experiencing or demonstrating an abnormal phenomenon, immediately stop all product use and contact Manufacturer.
Never dispose of batteries in the garbage. Disposal of batteries in the garbage is unlawful under state and federal environmental laws and regulations. Always take used batteries to your local battery recycling center.
This product is meant for use only in conjunction with the appropriate device. Please consult your device packaging to determine whether this product is compatible with your particular device. Manufacturer is not responsible for any damages to any device incurred through the use of this product.
Manufacturer shall not in any way be liable to you or to any third party for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of use, intended or unintended, or misuse of this product in conjunction with any device or accessory other than the appropriate device for which this product is designed. Manufacturer will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of misuse of this product as outlined above. Purchaser agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold Manufacturer harmless for any claims or damages arising from unintended use or misuse, including use with an unintended device.
mophie, powerstation, Power for all, Priority+, Stay Powerful, the five-circles design, and the mophie logo are trademarks of mophie inc. Apple and
Lightning are trademarks of Apple Inc. Use of the Made for Apple badge means that an accessory has been designed to connect specifically to the Apple product(s) identified in the badge, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards. Please note that the use of this accessory with an Apple product may affect wireless performance. The `Qi’ symbol is a trademark of the Wireless Power Consortium. All rights reserved. Patents: mophie.com/patents.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules and RSS-Gen of IC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced technician for help.
CAUTION: To comply with the limits of the Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules, this device must be used with certified peripherals and shielded cables. All peripherals must be shielded and grounded. Operation with non-certified peripherals or non-shielded cables may result in interference to radio or reception.
MODIFICATION: Any changes or modifications of this device could void the warranty.
All of our products are marked with the WEEE symbol; this indicates that this product must NOT be disposed of with other waste. Instead it is the user’s responsibility to dispose of their waste electrical and electronic equipment by handing it over to an approved re-processor, or by returning it to mophie inc. for reprocessing. For more information about where you can send your waste equipment for recycling, please contact mophie inc. or one of your local distributors.