M112 Magimix Nespresso Pixie Koffiecup machine User Manual
NESPRESSO, an exclusive system creating the perfect espresso, time after time.
All Nespresso machines are equipped with a patented extraction system that guarantees up to 19 bar pressure. Each parameter has been calculated with great precision to ensure that all the aromas from each Grand Cru can be extracted, to give the coffee body and create an exceptionally thick and smooth crema.
Please read the instructions and safety precautions before operating the appliance.
Caution – When you see this sign, please refer to the safety precautions to avoid possible harm and damage.
Information – When you see this sign, please take note of the advice for the correct and safe usage of your coffee machine.
Avoid risks of fatal electric shock and fire
- Only plug the appliance into suitable, earthed mains connections. Make sure that the voltage of the power source is the same as that specified on the rating plate. The use of an incorrect connection voids the warranty.
- If an extension cord is required, use only an earthed cable with a conductor cross-section of at least 1.5 mm2.
- Do not pull the cable over sharp edges, clamp it or allow it to hang down. Keep the cable away from heat and damp.
- If the cable is damaged, do not operate the appliance. Return appliance to the manufacturer, the Nespresso Club or similarly qualified persons for repair.
- To avoid hazardous damage, never place the appliance on or beside hot surfaces such as radiators, stoves, ovens, gas burners, open flames, or similar. Always place it on a stable and even surface. The surface must be resistant to heat and fluids, like water, coffee, descaler, or similar.
- Disconnect the appliance from the mains when not in use for a long period.
- Disconnect by pulling out the plug and not pulling the cable itself or the cable may become damaged. Never touch the cable with wet hands.
- Never immerse the appliance or part of it in water. Never put the appliance or part of it in a dishwasher. Electricity and water together is dangerous and can lead to fatal electrical shocks.
- Do not open the appliance. Hazardous voltage inside!
- Do not put anything into any openings. Doing so may cause fire or fatal electrical shock!
Avoid possible harm when operating the appliance
- This product has been designed for domestic use only. The manufacturer accepts no responsibility and the warranty will not apply for any commercial use, inappropriate use, or failure to comply with the instructions.
- The appliance is intended to prepare beverages according to these instructions. This appliance is in-tended to be used in households and similar applications such as: staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments; farm houses; by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type
environments; bed and breakfast type environments. This product has not been certified for use on planes, boats, trains and automobiles. Do not use the appliance for other than intended use.
- Do not use the appliance if it is damaged or not operating perfectly. Immediately remove the plug from the power socket. Return the appliance to the Nespresso Club for examination, repair or adjustment. A damaged appliance can cause electrical shocks, burns and fire.
- The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Always close the lever completely and never lift it during operation. Scalding may occur. Do not put fingers into the capsule compartment or the capsule shaft. Danger of injury!
- Do not put fingers under coffee outlet, risk of scalding.
- Never use a damaged or deformed capsule. Water could flow around the capsule when not perforated by the blades and damage the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance without the drip tray and drip grid to avoid spilling any liquid on surrounding surfaces.
- When unpacking the machine, remove the plastic film placed on the drip grid and dispose.
- This machine uses Nespresso coffee capsules available exclusively through the Nespresso Club. Nespresso quality is only guaranteed when Nespresso capsules are used in the Nespresso machines.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Pass them on to any subsequent user
This instruction manual is also available as a PDF at nespresso.com.
16 capsule set
“Welcome to Nespresso” folder
- Drip tray
- Drip grid + cup support
- Capsule container for 9-11 used capsules
- Coffee outlet
- Espresso button (small cup)
- Lungo button (large cup)
- ON/OFF button
- Water tank lid
- Water tank
Remove the plastic film from the drip grid.
Remove the water tank and capsule container. Adjust the cable length and store the excess under the machine.
Insert the remaining cable in the cable guide under the machine and put the machine in the upright position.
Plug the machine into the mains.
Rinse then fill the water tank with potable water. The water tank can be carried by its cover.
Switch the machine on. Blinking light heating up for approximately 25 seconds. Steady light: ready.
Lift the lever completely and insert a Nespresso capsule.
Close the lever and place a cup under the coffee outlet.
Never lift the lever during operation and refer to the safety precautions to avoid possible harm.
First read the safety precautions to avoid risks of fatal electrical shock and fire.
The water tank can be carried by its cover.
Rinse the water lank before filling with potable water.
Switch the machine on. Blinking light of both coffee buttons and the capsule container: healing up for approximately 25 seconds. Steady light: ready.
Place a container under coffee outlet and press the Lungo button to rinse the machine. Repeat three limes.
During heat up, you can press the coffee button when it’s still blinking. The coffee will then flow automatically when the machine is ready.
For a Latte Macchiato glass fold the cup support into the upright position. It will automatically fall down again when removing the glass to avoid any drips falling on to your kitchen surfaces.
Press the Espresso (40 ml / 1.35 oz) or the Lungo (110 ml / 3.7 oz) button. Preparation will slop automatically. To stop the coffee flow or lop up your coffee, press again.
Take the cup. Lift and close the lever to eject the capsule into the used capsule container.
ENERGY SAVING CONCEPT AND WATER LEVEL DETECTION
To save energy, switch the machine off when not in use. Automatic power off: the machine will stop automatically after 9 minutes of non use.
To increase automatic power off from 9 to 30 minutes : Switch the machine off, press the Espresso and Lungo buttons simultaneously then press the ON/OFF button.
Red backlight lights up: water tank is empty. Refill the water tank with potable water. Empty and rinse the used capsule container and the drip tray.
PROGRAMMING THE WATER VOLUME
Fill the water tank and insert a capsule.
Press and hold the Espresso or Lungo button.
Release the button once the desired volume is served.
Water volume level is now stored.
EMPTYING THE SYSTEM
Before a period of non-use, for frost protection or before a repair
Switch the machine off.
Remove the water tank. Close the Lever. Place a container under the coffee outlet.
Press and hold the Espresso button and switch the machine on. Wait until no more water comes out.
Machine switches off automatically.
RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS
Switch the machine off.
Espresso cup: 40 ml / 1.35 oz; Lungo cup: 110 ml / 3.7 oz.
Press and hold the Lungo button and switch the machine on.
Do not use any strong cleaning agent or solvent cleaner. Do not put in a dishwasher.
Never immerse the appliance or part of it in water.
Clean the coffee outlet regularly with a damp cloth.
To assemble the cup support and the drip tray: take off the grid, place them side by side and clip the drip tray to the cup support.
Duration approximately 15 minutes.
Remove the capsule and close the lever.
Empty the drip tray and the used capsule container.
Fill the water tank with 0.5 L of water and add the Nespresso descaling liquid.
Place a container (minimum volume: 0.6 L / 20 oz) under the coffee outlet.
Refill the water tank with the used descaling solution collected in the container and repeat step 8.
Empty and rinse the water tank. Fill it with potable water.
When ready, press the Lungo button to rinse machine.
To exit the descaling mode, press both buttons simultaneously for one second. The machine is now ready for use.
Read the safety precautions on the descaling and refer to the table for the frequency of use
Switch the machine on.
Blinking light: heating up. Steady light: ready.
Press both coffee buttons simultaneously for three seconds. They will start blinking.
Press the Lungo button and wait until the water tank is empty.
The descaling solution can be harmful. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and surfaces. We recommend the Nespresso descaling kit available from the Nespresso Club as it is specifically adapted to your machine. Do not use other products (such as vinegar) that would affect the taste of the coffee. The following table will indicate the descaling frequency required for the optimum performance of your machine, based on water hardness. For any additional questions you may have regarding descaling, please contact your Nespresso Club.
Nespresso descaling kit: Ref 3035/CBU-2
The machine has switched off automatically; press
Check the mains: plug, voltage, fuse.
No coffee, no water.
Check the water tank, if empty, fill with potable water. Descale it if necessary.
Lift the lever. Press one coffee button and wait until water comes out.
Coffee is not hot enough.
Preheat cup. Descale the machine if necessary.
The lever cannot be closed completely.
Empty the capsule container / Check that there is not a capsule blocked inside the machine.
Leakage or unusual coffee flow.
Check that the water tank is in position.
Lights flash irregularly.
Call the Nespresso Club.
Exit descaling procedure (see paragraph on descaling).
No coffee, water just comes out (despite inserted capsule).
In case of difficulties, call the Nespresso Club.
Machine switches itself off.
To save energy the machine will turn itself off after 9 minutes of non use. See paragraph on “Energy saving concept”.
Front light is red.
Water tank is empty or needs to be cleaned.
220-240 V, 50/60 Hz, <1260 W
Pmax 19 bar
3 kg 1
11.1 cm 23.5 cm 32.6 cm
CONTACT THE NESPRESSO CLUB
For any additional information, in case of problems or simply to seek advise, call the Nespresso Club. Contact details of the Nespresso Club can be found in the ‘Welcome to Nespresso’ folder in your machine box or at nespresso.com.
DISPOSAL AND ECOLOGICAL CONCERNS
Disposal and Environmental Protection
Your appliance contains valuable materials that can be recovered or recycled. Separation of the remaining waste materials into different types facilitates the recycling of valuable raw materials. Leave the appliance at a collection point. You can obtain information on disposal from your local authorities.
ECOLABORATION : ECOLABORATION.COM
We have committed to buy coffee of the very highest quality grown in a way that is respectfull of the environment and farming communities. For 6 years we have been working together with the Rainforest Alliance developing our Nespresso AAA Sustainable Quality”‘ Coffee Program, and now we are committed to sourcing 80% of our coffee from the Program, Rainforest Alliance Certified’TM, by 2013.
We chose Aluminium as the packaging material for our capsules because it protects the coffee and aromas in the Nespresso Grands Crus. Aluminium is also infinitely recyclable, without losing any of its quality. We are setting up a capsule collection system in major European markets to triple our capacity to recycle used capsules to 75% by 2013.
Nespresso is committed to designing and making machines that are innovative, high-performing and user friendly. Now we are engineering environmental benefits into the design of our new and future machine ranges.
Nespresso warrants this product against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase. During this period, Nespresso will either repair or replace, at its discretion, any defective product at no charge to the owner. Replacement products or repaired parts will be guaranteed for only the unexpired portion of the original warranty or six months, whichever is greater. This limited warranty does not apply to any defect resulting from accident, misuse, improper maintenance, or normal wear and tear. Except to the extent allowed by applicable law, the terms of this limited warranty do not exclude, restrict or modify, and are in addition to, the mandatory statutory rights applicable to the sale of the product to you. If you believe your product is defective, contact Nespresso for instructions on where to send or bring it for repair. Please visit our website at nespresso.com to discover more about Nespresso.