Bongo™ 15 and 20
15′ Model Shown
Copyright © All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopy, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher. Requests should be mailed to RAVE Sports, 3325 Labore Rd., St. Paul, MN 55110.
- Bongo Tube
- 1 – 5 Step Ladder
- Inflation Adaptor
- Anchor Harness
- Inflation Adaptor
- Repair kit
- Warranty Registration
Please make sure you have received the contents listed, and then record the following information for future reference.
Date Purchased: _________________________________
Purchased from: _________________________________
Serial #: ______________________________________
(The serial # is located by the inflation valve. Having this number handy will assist you in finding accurate parts and information for your specific product.)
Staple your sales receipt here.
Water sports can be safe and fun for all levels of enthusiasts. The Owner’s Manual is presented to enhance your enjoyment of the sport. It is intended to alert you to some of the potentially dangerous conditions that can arise in all water sports.
Please take a few minutes to read this manual before assembling and using the product. Although the product is simple to use, this manual contains important safety information that you and all users must understand to safely enjoy the Bongo.
If you have any questions regarding this product, please call RAVE Sports at 1-800-659-0790, or visit www.ravesports.com. Please have the serial number from your product ready when you call.
W A R N I N G
UNSAFE USE OF THE BONGO CAN RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH.
To reduce the risk of injury, read and follow all instructions and warnings in this manual. Do not use this product unless you understand and accept the risk of injury involved with this activity.
EN 15649 – LIMIT (3) BOUNCERS
Safety Rules and Information
- Read and understand all of the information contained in this owner’s manual before assembling and using your product.
- Make sure that everyone who uses the product is provided with and understands these safety rules and information.
- The Bongo 15 & 20 is designed to be used only in large bodies of water with depths of at least 8 feet (2,4m) of water. Do not use or allow anyone else to use the product on land or any other hard surface or in recreational swimming pools.
- Choose a location for your product that is most protected from wind, of sufficient water depth, and free of obstructions.
- Always anchor the Bongo securely before it is used.
- Always wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved Type III (PFD) vest when using the products.
- Never use the product after sunset, before dawn, or any other time in poor lighting conditions.
- Never use the product in rough surface water conditions, during storms, or when there is lightning. If an unexpected storm arises while using the product, seek shelter onshore. Do not stay on the product.
- Never use the product under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Always stay under control while using the product.
- Do not allow more than six people totaling 1,050 lbs. (476 kg) max on the Bongo 15. Do not allow more than 10 people totaling 1,500 lbs. (680 kg) max on the Bongo 20.
- Never dive off of the Bongo’s head first. If you choose to jump off the product, always enter the water feet first.
- Never use the product while tired or fatigued. Use extreme caution while swimming between the shore and the product. Do not attempt to swim this distance if you are tired or fatigued.
- Never swim or play under or around the Bongo.
- Always inspect the areas around and under the product before each use to ensure the water is deep enough and free of all rocks, logs, sand bars, and underwater obstructions and that the product is a safe distance from above water-hard objects. Ask about local water conditions before using the product in unfamiliar water.
- When not in use, secure the product against unauthorized or unsupervised use.
- Inspect your product for any worn, defective, or missing parts.
- Do not attempt flips, somersaults, or other acrobatic maneuvers on the product. Most debilitating spinal cord injuries that occur during trampoline use involve somersaults. Improper landing during a somersault produces the serious risk of broken bones, cuts, nerve damage, spinal cord or brain injury, or death.
- Use the Bongo only under mature, knowledgeable adult supervision.
- Do not use shark invested water or in water that may contain other marine life dangerous to humans.
- Ensure proper air pressure is maintained while the product is in use. Check air pressure frequently especially on very hot/cold days.
- This device is not designed to be used as a life-saving device.
- Take off watches, rings, and other sharp objects before use.
- Not recommended for children under the age of six.
- Do not overinflate. Overinflation can cause seam rupture.
(Item #02012 & #02099)
|2 psi (0,14bar)|
(Item #02020 & #02021)
|2 psi (0,14bar)|
Inflating Your Bongo
Lay the Bongo on a flat surface. Make sure there are no sharp objects under the product that might puncture the tube.
Locate the valve of the Bongo and unscrew the cap. We recommend using the High-Speed Inflator/Deflator from RAVE Sports to inflate and deflate. (Part #01083)
To lock the open valve, depress the stem and rotate ¼ turn clockwise. To close the valve, depress the stem and rotate ¼ turn counter-clockwise. The valve stem should be in the depressed position while inflating. Replace the cap on the valve after inflation to ensure an air-tight seal.
A special inflation adaptor is included with this product. If you are using the RAVE Sports High-Speed Inflator, simply lock the adaptor onto the end of the inflation hose and insert it into the valve body. Turn ¼ turn to lock in place.
NOTE: This inflation adaptor will automatically open the valve when inserted and will close the valve when removed. You do not need to manually open/close the valve when using this special adaptor.
If you will be using another inflation device with a larger nozzle, use the 1 ¼” diameter coupler (included) between the valve adaptor and the output hose of your inflator. Insert the adapter into the air valve and lock it into place by turning clockwise.
Inflate until the tube is firm and resistant to pressure. Your fist should create only a slight depression when pushed against the tube and the surface should be stretched taut in all directions. Replace cap to ensure an air-tight seal.
To check the exact pressure of your product the use of a RAVE Digital Pressure Gauge (Item #02496 not included) is recommended.
NOTE: It is normal for the air pressure within the tube to fluctuate depending on air and water temperatures. It may be necessary to increase or decrease the air pressure in your product accordingly. To avoid damage on extremely hot days it may be necessary to check and release the air pressure from your product throughout the day.
DO NOT OVER-INFLATE.
Do not exceed 2.5 PSI (0,17 bar) if filling with compressed air. Excessive pressure can cause the tube to rupture with potentially damaging force to the eyes, ears, skin, and limbs. Use of an air compressor or over-inflation can rupture the tube beyond repair, thus voiding the warranty.
Step 3 – Attaching the Ladder
Move the Bongo to shallow water. Attach the ladder in the center of the blue panel to the left of the air valve so that the warning label on the tube is visible to anyone climbing the ladder. The RAVE lettering on the ladder steps should be facing the climber.
Feed both ends of the ladder straps through the gaps on the Bongo jump surface. Pull them through far enough so that the quick link reaches the loops attached to the anchor plate in the back.
Have someone hold the ladder in this position while another person goes under the tube to connect the ladder straps.
Feed the quick link onto the loops of the ladder connection plate & turn the nut until closed and the link is secured.
Ensure the webbing loop is lying flat across the entire width of the quick link as shown. Repeat for another strap.
Attach the anchor harness following the instructions included with the harness.
Attach an anchor line (not included) to the swivel ring of the anchor harness under the Bongo.
Adjust the length of the anchor line so that it is approximately 1-2 ft. (0,3-0,7m) longer than the depth of the water. The RAVE Sports anchor bungee #01024 (sold separately) will provide 2 ft. (0,7m) of stretch to absorb waves and any vertical bouncing motion. To help prevent flipping of your product in high wind conditions, do not exceed 3 ft. (1m) of slack in the anchor line.
NOTE: More slack will improve anchor holding performance, but too much slack may be a sufficient line to allow the Bongo to stand on the edge and flip over in strong winds. For best results, maximize your anchor holding power via more weight or a different type of anchor and minimize your anchor line length.
To anchor for the season, use at least 80-100 lbs. (36-45kg) of anchor weight for most applications. However, Bongos on bodies of water where there are high winds, strong currents or large waves may require a heavier or more permanent anchoring system. To anchor for the day, use at least 40-50 lbs. (18-27kg) of anchor weight.
Please read and follow all safety instructions before using your Bongo.
Cleaning and Storage
- When the inflatable product is not being used, store it in a covered, shaded area. This will help protect it against ultraviolet (UV) rays and extend the life of the product.
- Clean the inflatable completely with mild soap and freshwater. NEVER USE PETROLEUM-BASED PRODUCTS OR SOLVENTS FOR CLEANING.
- The product should be completely dry and remain dry while stored.
- Roll the product loosely and place it in a container, preferably one that rodents can’t chew through. Secure against unauthorized or unsupervised use.
- Store in a cool, dry location. Do not store product directly on the concrete surfaces. Place mothballs around stored inflatables to keep mice and insects away.
♦NEVER USE A POWER WASHER SINCE THE HIGH-PRESSURE WATER JET WILL DAMAGE THE SOFT PVC COATING ON THE TUBE BEYOND REPAIR.
::::::::::::::::::::::: Important :::::::::::::::::::::::
Rodents like muskrats may be attracted to the PVC vinyl of your product. When your product is on the water, maintaining full air pressure during periods of non-use will discourage them from chewing the vinyl. Another way to ease the problem of nuisance rodents is to remove the temptation by taking the product out of the water at night. Another option is to make the whole area unattractive to rodents by changing the environment, making the area less hospitable for rodents. Removing any food source from the shoreline can also be a good deterrent. Check with your local DNR for additional guidance or possible restrictions.
For large holes, tears, or seam failures, contact RAVE Sports Customer Service at 1-800-659-0790. Additional patches can be purchased at www.ravesports.com. For minor holes or tears:
- Inflate the product and locate the leak by spraying the tube with mild soapy water.
- Determine the hole size and cut a patch 1-2 inches (35cm) wider than the hole. Make sure all corners of the patch are rounded.
- Deflate the product and clean the patch and area around the hole with rubbing alcohol. Let dry completely.
- READ AND UNDERSTAND THE WARNINGS ON THE GLUE CONTAINER.
- Apply glue to the patch and the area around the hole. Let the glue dries until it is tacky to the touch.
- Lay the product on a flat, hard surface and apply the patch. Working from the center to the outer edge, rub out any air bubbles between the patch and the product.
- Let the patch dry for 24 hours before inflating the product.
A Revel Match, LLC Company
3325 Labore Road
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55110