Official Electrical Styling Partner of Manchester United
QuickCut Hair Clipper
Thank you for buying your new Remington® product. Please read these instructions carefully and keep them safe. Remove all packaging before use.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be observed, including the following. For additional protection, the installation of a residual current device (rcd) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30 mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom. Ask your installer for advice
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION AND FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONS
DANGER – As with most electrical appliances, electrical parts are electrically live even when the switch is off.
- Do not place or store the appliance or charging adaptor where it can fall or be knocked into a sink or bath.
- Do not place in or drop into water or any other liquid.
- If an appliance falls into water, “unplug it” immediately. Do not reach into the water.
- Unplug the charging adaptor from the electrical outlet immediately after fully charging.
- Unplug and switch off this appliance before cleaning it.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual.
- Do not use attachments not recommended by Remington.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening of this appliance.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use this appliance with a damaged or broken trimming unit as injury may occur.
- Always store the charging adaptor in a moisture-free location.
- For household use only.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Keep the appliance and the power cord away from the edge of table or countertops and out of reach of children and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities.
- This appliance is not a toy. Children shall be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not use on people who are asleep.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working correctly, if the charging adaptor has been damaged or dropped into water.
- Do not use an extension cord or a voltage converter with this appliance.
- Do not wrap the cord around the appliance.
- Do not store the appliance in the shower between uses. Always store it in a dry and safe place.
- This appliance should be supplied with approved safety isolating adaptors PA-4515A (for Australia) with the output capacity of 4.5Vdc; 1500mA
- Remington strongly recommends that an approved Safety Switch (Residual current device) be installed to protect all bathroom power outlets. Ask an electrical contractor for advice.
WARNING: DO NOT USE YOUR HAIR CLIPPER IN THE SHOWER OR UNDER AN OPEN WATER SOURCE WHILE THE UNIT IS CONNECTED TO A LIVE
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- On/off switch
- Blade set
- 9 attachment guide combs
- Washout port
- Charging indicator
- Cleaning brush
- Oil bottle
- Travel pouch
- Hair cape
CHARGING YOUR APPLIANCE
Note: It is recommended to fully charge your appliance before using for the first time. Please refer to the charge times shown in this book.
- Connect the product to the adaptor and then to the mains.
- When charging the charge indicator will slowly flash.
CHARGE LEVEL INDICATORS
|Fully charged||LED solid|
- Run time from fully charged is up to 40 minutes.
- Charge time from empty is 4 hours.
Note: To preserve the life of your batteries, let them run out every 6 months then fully charge.
QUICK CHARGE FUNCTION
- 10 minutes charging will give an emergency burst of run time.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- For corded use connect the product to the adaptor, then to the mains.
CAUTION Extended mains only use will result in the reduction of the battery life.
- When the unit is switched on and fully charged, the product can be used in cordless mode for up to 40 minutes.
- Switch the product on by pressing the on/off switch.
BEFORE STARTING THE CUT
- Inspect the clipper making sure that it is free from hair and dirt.
- Before cutting, always comb the hair so it is tangle-free and dry.
Guide Comb Cutting length 1 (Grade 0) 1.5mm 2 2mm 3 2.5mm 4 (Grade 1) 3mm 5 4.5mm 6 (Grade 2 6mm 7 (Grade 3) 9mm 8 (Grade 4) 12mm 9 (Grade 5) 15mm
- Use the clipper without any fixed combs for trimming hair close to the skin.
- This will trim hair to 1mm, holding the clipper so the blades are perpendicular to the skin will trim hair to 0.5mm.
TO ATTACH A COMB
- Hook the front edge of the comb to the front teeth of the wide trimmer blade. Then push the back of the comb down until it snaps in place.
TO REMOVE THE COMB
- Push up the back of the comb until it clicks off the clipper blade.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CUTTING HAIR
- The QuickCut Clipper’s ergonomic design provides many different ways of holding the clipper in use.
- For clipping the top of the head (see fig. 1).
- For clipping the back of the head (see fig. 2).
- For clipping the sides of the head (see fig. 3).
- For detailing (see fig. 4).
- For even cutting, allow the comb attachment/blade to cut its way through the hair.
Do not force it through quickly. If you are cutting for the first time, start with the maximum comb attachment.
- For one all over cut length, attach the desired guide comb and slowly guide the clipper through the hair against the direction the hair normally grows.
- Remove the guide comb. To produce a clean straight line at the sideburns and the base of the neck, reverse the hair clipper. Place the reversed clipper at right angles to the head, tips of the blades lightly touching the skin and then work downwards.
The following instructions are for those users who want different trimming lengths on the sides, back and top of the head
STEP 1 NAPE OF THE NECK
- Set the comb to 3mm or 6mm.
- Hold the clipper with the blade teeth pointing upwards. Begin starting at the centre of the head at the base of the neck.
- Slowly lift the clipper, working upwards and outwards through the hair, trimming just a little at a time.
STEP 2 BACK OF THE HEAD
- With the comb set at 9mm or 12mm, cut the hair at the back of the head.
STEP 3 SIDE OF THE HEAD
- With the comb set at 3mm or 6mm, trim sideburns. Then change to the longer 9mm guide comb and continue to cut the top of the head.
STEP 4 TOP OF THE HEAD
- Use the longer length comb attachment and set it to 12mm or 15mm then cut hair on top of the head against the direction in which the hair normally grows.
STEP 5 THE FINISHING TOUCHES
- Use the clipper without an attachment comb for close trimming around the base and sides of the neck and around the ears.
- To produce a clean straight line at the sideburns, reverse the hair clipper. Place the reversed clipper at right angles to the head, tips of the blades lightly touching the skin and then work downwards.
CARE FOR YOUR HAIRCLIPPER
- To ensure long lasting performance of your clipper, clean the blades and unit regularly.
- Always keep the clipper in the provided travel pouch.
- Ensure the appliance is switched off and unplugged from the mains before cleaning.
- Do not use harsh or corrosive cleaners on the unit or blades.
- Cleaning should be done with a soft brush.
- After each use – brush the accumulated hair from the blades.
- The QuickCut Clipper is fully washable for easy cleaning.
- Ensure the appliance is switched off and unplugged from the mains.
WASHOUT PORT INSTRUCTIONS
Note: Never rinse, wash or otherwise subject this product to liquid whilst the power cord is connected.
- For best results, keep trimmer running while running it under the tap. Allow water to run through the washout port and over the blades. Recommended to rinse after each use.
- Ensure the clipper is dry after cleaning.
- For more thorough cleaning the blade set can be easily removed to wash any hair trimmings from the blades. To release the blade set, push the blade set release button found on the base of the clipper.
- Ensure the blades are dry after rinsing under the tap. To reattach, align the blade set onto the clipper and push the blade set towards the clipper body until it clicks into place.
- Place a small drop of cutter or sewing machine oil onto the blades at each end and at the middle point of the blades. Turn the unit on for a few seconds to distribute the oil then turn off and wipe off excess oil.
The battery is not intended to be removed or replaced under normal use. The only time the battery should be removed or the unit opened or disassembled, is at the end of the product’s useful life before it is discarded.
- Ensure the device is unplugged from any electrical outlet and discharged of all power.
- Remove the blade cartridge from the trimmer.
- Pry the painted panel from the top of the clipper by prying at the seam where it meets the rubber, working from the top and down each side all the way down to the blade set until it can be removed.
- Remove the two screws from the top body housing
- Starting at the rubber seam on either side of the charge indicator lens, pry open the seam, working back and forth from one side to the other, little by little, following the seam as it stretches from the indicator lens to the blade set until the top shell has been pried apart all the way from the rest of the clipper.
- Pry the top inner housing up and out of the lower main trimmer body
- Remove the two screws from the top of the circuit board.
- Pull upward firmly on the front of the circuit board to create room to remove the battery.
- Cut the exposed black and red wires coming off of each end of the battery.
- Pry the battery out of its holder.
- Dispose of the battery safely and responsibly.
We suggest you use local waste management centres to recycle this product at end of life.
To avoid environmental and health problems due to hazardous substances, appliances and rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries marked with one of these symbols must not be disposed of with unsorted municipal waste. Always dispose of electrical and electronic products and, where applicable, rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries, at an appropriate official recycling/ collection point.
Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd and Spectrum Brands New Zealand Limited
WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
In this warranty:
Australian Consumer Law means the Australian consumer law set out in Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010;
CGA means the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993;
Goods means the product or equipment which was accompanied by this warranty and purchased in Australia or New Zealand, as the case may be;
Manufacturer, We or us means:
- for Goods purchased in Australia, Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd
ACN, 007 070 573; or
- for Goods purchased in New Zealand, Spectrum Brands New Zealand Limited, as the case may be, contact details as set out at the end of this warranty;
Supplier means the authorised distributor or retailer of the Goods that sold you the Goods in Australia or in New Zealand; and
You means you, the original end-user purchaser of the Goods.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law, or the CGA. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- The benefits provided by this Warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the Goods which the consumer has under either the Australian Consumer Law or the CGA. The original purchaser of the Goods is provided with the following Warranty subject to the Warranty Conditions:
- We warrant the Goods for all parts defective in workmanship or materials for the period of five (5) years from the date of purchase (Warranty Period). If the Goods prove defective within the Warranty Period by reason of improper workmanship or material, we may, at our own discretion, repair or replace the Goods without charge.
- The Goods must be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. This Warranty does not apply should the defect in or failure of the Goods be attributable to misuse, abuse, accident or non-observance of manufacturer’s instructions on the part of the user. As far as the law permits, the manufacturer does not accept liability for any direct or consequential loss, damage or other expense caused by or arising out of any failure to use the Goods in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Consumable parts (such as shaver heads, cutters and foils) of the Goods are included under this Warranty only where there is a defect in workmanship or materials used.
- The warranty granted under clause 3 is limited to repair or replacement only.
- Any parts of the Goods replaced during repairs or any product replaced remain the property of the manufacturer. In the event of the Goods being replaced during the Warranty Period, the warranty on the replacement Goods will expire on the same date as for the Warranty Period on the original Goods which are replaced.
- In order to claim under the warranty granted under clause 3 you must:
(a) Retain this warranty with your receipt/proof of purchase; and
(b) Return the Goods to us at the relevant address below or to the Supplier by prepaid freight within the Warranty Period accompanied with (i) the legible and unmodified original proof of purchase, which clearly indicates the name and address of the Supplier, the date and place of purchase, the product name or other product serial number and (ii) this warranty.
- This warranty is immediately void if:
(a) Any serial number or appliance plate is removed or defaced;
(b) The Goods have been serviced or otherwise repaired by a person not authorised to do so by us or where non approved replaced parts are used.
- The Goods are designed for domestic use only. A limited 90-day Warranty applies to any industrial or commercial use of the Goods. The Goods must be connected to the electrical voltage requirements as specified in the ratings label located on the Goods.
- This warranty does not cover the cost of claiming under the warranty or transport of the Goods to and from the Supplier or us.
- This warranty is only valid and enforceable in Australia against Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd and in New Zealand against Spectrum Brands New Zealand Limited.
Contact us or the Supplier for further details.
REMINGTON SERVICE HOTLINE
Australia 1800 623 118 (toll free)
New Zealand 0800 736 776 (toll free)
AUTHORISED REPAIR CENTRES
Visit www.remington-products.com.au for Authorised repair centre details.
® Registered Trade Mark of Spectrum Brands Inc.,
(SBI) or one of its subsidiaries
© 2019 Spectrum Brands Inc.
Ref. No. HC4255AU
Type No. HC4250
Rev. 06/19 Part No. T22-7001093