S9 AutoSetTM & S9 EliteTM
POSITIVE AIRWAY PRESSURE DEVICES
Thank you for choosing the S9 AutoSet or S9 Elite. Before operating these devices, please read the entire Welcome and Information Guides.
S9 at a glance
The S9 system comprises the following elements:
|• SlimLine air tubing
• 90W or 30W power supply unit
|• SD card
• S9 SD card protective folder.
Optional components include:
|• H5i water tub
• Standard air tubing
• ClimateLine heated air tubing
• ClimateLine MAX heated air tubing
|• 30W power supply unit (does not support H5i)
• Power Station II battery pack
• DC/DC Converter 24V/90W.
When traveling with your S9 only:
- Ensure you pack the SlimLine or Standard air tubing as the ClimateLine or ClimateLine MAX heated air tubing is not designed to connect directly to the S9 device.
- Please ensure you purchase and travel with the approved power cord for the region where you will be using the S9 device.
- Connect the DC plug of the power supply unit to the rear of the S9.
- Connect the power cord to the power supply unit.
- Plug the other end of the power cord into the power outlet.
- Connect one end of the air tubing firmly onto the air outlet.
- Connect the assembled mask system to the free end of the air tubing.
- For more information on assembling your mask see your mask user guide.
- Recommended masks are available on www.resmed.com on the Products page under Service & Support.
Adjusting ramp time
Designed to make the beginning of treatment more comfortable, ramp time is the period during which the pressure increases from a low start pressure to the treatment pressure. To adjust your ramp time:
|1. From your home screen, turnuntil the RAMP screen is displayed in blue.||2. Press The selection is highlighted in orange.||3. Turn until the ramp time you require is displayed.||4. Press to
confirm your choice.
You can use mask-fit to help you fit your mask properly. This feature delivers treatment pressure for a three-minute period, prior to starting treatment, during which you can check and adjust your mask-fit to minimise leaks.
- Fit your mask as described in the mask user guide.
- From your home screen, push and hold for three seconds. One of the following MASK FIT screens is displayed:
- If necessary, adjust your mask, mask cushion, and headgear until you have a Good mask fit. After three minutes, the pressure reverts to the set pressure, and treatment will begin. You can end mask-fit at any time by pressing
S9 Essentials is designed to make device interaction and menu navigation easier for you. If enabled by the clinician, S9 Essentials disables the Info and Setup functionality so that you can simply start and stop therapy and adjust ramp, humidification, and Climate Control.
Selecting the mask type*
To select your type of mask:
|1. Press The SETTINGS screen is displayed.||2. Turn until Mask is displayed in blue.||3. Press The selection is highlighted
|4. Turn until the mask setting that you require is displayed.||5. Press to confirm your
|6. Push to return to the
*Selecting the mask type is not possible if S9 Essentials has been enabled by your clinician.
- Mak e sure the power is connected.
- Adjust the ramp time if required.
- Fit your mask as described in your mask user guide.
- To start therapy, simply breathe into the mask and/or press
- Lie down and arrange the air tubing so that it is free to move if you turn in your sleep.
- To stop treatment at any time, remove your mask and/or press
- If your clinician has enabled SmartStart your device will start automatically when you breathe into the mask and stop automatically when you remove the mask.
- Once therapy has started a treatment screen is displayed.
- If power is interrupted during treatment, the device automatically restarts therapy when power is restored.
Cleaning and maintenance
Refer to your mask and humidifier user guides for detailed instructions regarding the care of these devices.
Remove the air tubing by pulling on the finger grips on the cuff. Hang it in a clean, dry place until next use.
- Do not hang the air tubing in direct sunlight as it may harden over time and eventually crack.
- Do not wash the air tubing in a washing machine or dishwasher.
- Remove the air tubing from the S9 device and the mask.
- Wash the air tubing in warm water using mild detergent.
- Rinse thoroughly, hang, and allow to dry.
- Before next use, reconnect the air tubing to the air outlet and mask.
- Wipe the exterior of the S9 with a damp cloth and mild detergent.
- Check the air filter for holes and blockage by dirt or dust. Replace the air filter if necessary.
Replacing the air filter
Replace the air filter every six months (or more often if necessary).
- Remove the air filter cover from the back of the S9 device.
- Remove and discard the old air filter.
- Insert a new ResMed air filter ensuring that it is sitting flat in the air filter cover.
- Replace the air filter cover.
- Ensure the air filter and air filter cover are fitted at all times.
- Do not wash the air filter. The air filter is not washable or reusable.
An SD card has been supplied to gather therapy data from your S9 device and provide settings updates from your clinician. When instructed to do so, disconnect the S9 device from the power outlet, remove your SD card, insert it in the protective folder and send it to your clinician.
Removing the card
- Push in the SD card to release it.
- Remove the card.
- Insert the card into the protective folder.
- Send the protective folder back to your clinician as instructed.
For more information on removing and inserting your card refer to the S9 SD Card, Protective Folder provided with your device. Please retain the S9 SD Card Protective Folder for future use.
- For Troubleshooting information refer to the Information Guide.
- For more product information see www.resmed.com.
S9-Series Autoset & Elite
Manufacturer: ResMed Pty Ltd 1 Elizabeth Macarthur Drive Bella Vista NSW 2153 Australia.
See www.resmed.com for other ResMed locations worldwide.
For patent information, see www.resmed.com/ip.
S9, AutoSet, S9 Elite, H5i, ClimateLine, SlimLine, and SmartStart are trademarks of ResMed Pty Ltd. S9, AutoSet, H5i, ClimateLine, and SlimeLine are registered in U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
© 2017 ResMed.
Global leaders in sleep and respiratory medicine www.resmed.com