the Compact Kettle™ Pure
At Sage®we are very safety conscious. We design and manufacture appliances with your safety foremost in mind. We also ask that you exercise a degree of care when using any electrical appliance and adhere to the following precautions.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
BEFORE USE AND SAVE
FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
- A downloadable version of this document is also available at sageappliances.com
- Before using it for the first time please ensure that your electricity supply is the same as shown on the rating label on the underside of the appliance. If you have any concerns please contact your local electricity company.
- Remove and safely discard any packaging materials before first use.
- To eliminate a choking hazard for young children, safely discard the protective cover fitted to the power plug.
- This kettle has been designed specifically for the purpose of boiling drinking quality water only. Under no circumstances should this product be used to boil any other liquids or foodstuffs. ou
- Position the appliance on a stable, heat resistant, level, dry surface away from the edge and do not operate on or near a heat source such as a hot plate, oven or gas hob.
- Do not operate the kettle on a sink drainboard.
- Do not place the kettle on or near a hot gas burner, electric element or where it could touch a heated oven. our electricity dating label on the underside
- Position the appliance at least 20cm from walls or heat/steam sensitive materials and provide adequate space above and on all sides for air circulation.
- Always ensure the kettle is properly assembled before use. Follow the instructions provided in this book.
- The kettle must be used only with the power base supplied.
- This kettle is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote control system.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use the handle for lifting and carrying the kettle.
- Do not place anything on top of the lid.
- Always ensure the appliance is turned OFF, unplugged at the power outlet, and has been allowed to cool before cleaning, attempting to move or storing.
- Use caution when pouring water from the kettle, as boiling water and steam will scald. Do not pour water too quickly.
- Do not remove the kettle from the power base during operation. Ensure the kettle is switched to an ‘off’ position after the water has boiled before removing the kettle from the power base.
- Do not move the kettle while it is switched on.
- Do not open the lid during operation.
- Do not overfill the kettle past the maximum water level mark. If the kettle is overfilled, boiling water may be ejected.
- Keep the kettle clean. Follow the cleaning instructions provided in this book.
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS FOR
ALL ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES
- Fully unwind the power cord before operating.
- Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of a bench or table, touch hot surfaces or become knotted.
- Children should not play with the appliance.
- The appliance can be used by children aged 8 or older and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or a lack of experience and knowledge, only if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Misuse may cause injury.
- Always turn the appliance to the OFF position, switch off at the power outlet and unplug at the power outlet when the appliance is not in use.
- It is recommended to regularly inspect the appliance. To avoid a hazard do not use the appliance if power cord, power plug or appliance becomes damaged in any way. Return the entire appliance to the nearest authorised Sage Service Centre for examination and/or repair.
- Any maintenance other than cleaning should be performed at an authorised Sage ®service centre.
- This appliance is for household use only. Do not use the appliance for anything other than its intended use. Do not use in moving vehicles or boats. Do not use outdoors. Misuse may cause injury.
- The installation of a residual current device (safety switch) is recommended to provide additional safety protection when using electrical appliances. It is advisable that a safety switch with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA be installed in the electrical circuit supplying the appliance. See your electrician for professional advice.
- The appliance and its cord should be kept out of reach of children aged 8 years and younger.
- Cleaning of the appliance should not be carried out by children unless they are 8 years or older and upervised.
- For safety reasons it is recommended you plug your Sage ® appliance directly into its own electrical outlet on a dedicated circuit separate from other appliances. If the electrical circuit is overloaded with other appliances, your appliance may not function properly. Using in conjunction with a power strip or extension cord is not recommended.
Do not operate the kettle on an inclined surface. Do not move the kettle while it is switched on.
The symbol shown indicates that this appliance should not be disposed of in the normal household waste. It should be taken to a local authority waste collection center designated for this purpose or to a dealer providing this service. For more information, please contact your local council office.
To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the kettle base, power base, power cord or power plug in water or allow moisture to come in contact with these parts. Avoid spilling water onto the power base’s connector.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
NOW YOUR SAGE®PRODUCT
A. Cushion Controlled Lid with BPA Free* Viewing Window
B. 1 Litre / 4 Cup Capacity
C. Premium Quality Brushed
D. Lid Release Button
E. Illuminated On / Off Switch
F. Multi-Directional Base
- Concealed Element
- Auto Shut Off & Boil Dry Protection
- Hidden Cord Storage
* Laboratory tests show water not containing BPA that is boiled in this kettle will be BPA Free to a resolution of 1 part per million.
220-240V ~50-60Hz 2000-2400W
OPERATING YOUR SAGE®PRODUCT
OPERATION OF YOUR KETTLE
Fill with the desired amount of water.
Always fill the kettle between the minimum (250ml) and maximum (1000ml) marks on the water window.
Ensure the lid is locked firmly into place. Position the kettle securely onto the power base. Insert the power plug into a 220–240V power outlet and switch on.
Press the ‘On / Off’ switch to the ‘On’ position for water to boil.
This kettle must only be used with the power base supplied. Use caution when pouring water from your kettle, as boiling water will scald. Do not pour the water too quickly.
The kettle will automatically switch ‘off’ once the water has boiled.
SAFETY BOIL DRY PROTECTION
If the kettle is operated with insufficient water it will stop heating. Switch ‘Off’ at the power outlet and allow the kettle to cool before refilling. Remove the kettle from the power base and add water. Return the kettle to the power base. The safety device will then automatically reset.
For additional safety, your kettle is fitted with an additional thermal cut-out. In the event of overheating, the kettle will automatically shut down to prevent further damage. Should this occur, take your kettle to an authorised Sage Service Centre.
The appliance is designed for boiling of drinking quality water only. Never use to heat or boil any other liquids or foodstuffs. The lid should always be firmly in place and locked into a closed position before use.
Do not press the lid release button to open the lid during and after an operation. This may result in boiling water splashing from the kettle. Pour out all the hot water from the kettle before opening the lid to refill. Always switch ‘off’ at the power outlet and unplug the appliance from the power outlet before cleaning.
The concealed element in the base of the kettle is made from high-quality stainless steel. Any brown stains appearing are the results of mineral deposits and are not rust.
It is essential that regular descaling takes place. The frequency will depend on the usage of the kettle and the hardness of the water in your area. A build-up of scale may cause the inside of the kettle to discolour and ultimately may damage the element. This will affect the efficiency of the appliance and may invalidate the warranty agreement. We recommend the use of Sage ® “the Descaler” as it’s specially formulated for descaling kettles. To order visit www.sageappliances.com
Causes skin irritation. Wash hands thoroughly after handling. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/ eye protection/face protection.
CARE and CLEANING
1. Empty one sachet (25g) into 1 litre of warm water, stir to dissolve.
2. Pour into the kettle
3. Leave stand for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, discard the solution.
5. Rinse the kettle with fresh clean water.
Never immerse the kettle base, switch area, power base, power cord or power plug in water, or allow moisture to come into contact with these parts.
TO CLEAN THE EXTERIOR
The outside of the kettle may be wiped over with a damp cloth and polished with a soft dry cloth.
To prevent damage to the kettle do not use chemicals, alkaline cleaning agents, steel wool or abrasive cleaners to clean the inside or outside of the kettle. Use a mild cleaning agent with a soft damp cloth.
Ensure the kettle is switched off, clean and dry before storing. Ensure the lid is closed and locked securely into place. Wrap the power cord around the cord storage under the power base. Stand the kettle upright on the power base. Do not store anything on top.
2 YEAR LIMITED GUARANTEE
Sage Appliances guarantees this product for domestic use in specified territories for 2 years from the date of purchase against defects caused by faulty workmanship and materials. During this guarantee period, Sage Appliances will repair, replace, or refund any defective product (at the sole discretion of Sage Appliances).
All legal warranty rights under applicable national legislation will be respected and will not be impaired by our guarantee. For full terms and conditions on the guarantee, as well as instructions on how to make a claim, please visit www.sageappliances.com.
BRG Appliances Limited
Unit 3.2, Power Road Studios, 114 Power
Road, London, W4 5PY
UK Landline: 0808 178 1650
Mobile (National Rate): 0333 0142 970
Registered in England & Wales No. 8223512
Due to continued product improvement, the products illustrated or photographed in this document may vary slightly from the actual product.
Copyright BRG Appliances 2020
BKE395/SKE395 UG6 C20