Sage No-Mess Waffle User Guide
SAGE® RECOMMENDS SAFETY FIRST
At Sage® we are very safety conscious. We design and manufacture consumer products with the safety of you, our valued customer, foremost in mind. In addition we ask that you exercise a degree of care when using any electrical appliance and adhere to the following precautions.
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS READ ALL INSTRUCTION
- A downloadable version of this document is also available at sageappliances.com
- Before using for the first time ensure your electricity supply is the same as shown on the label on the underside of the appliance.
- The appliance is for household use only. Do not use the appliance for anything other than its intended use. Do not use in moving vehicles or boats. Do not use outdoors. Misuse may cause injury.
- Fully unwind the power cord before operating.
- Position the appliance on a stable, heat resistant, level, dry surface away from the edge and do not operate on or near a heat source such as a hot plate, oven or gas hob.
- Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of a bench or table, touch hot surfaces or become knotted.
- Position the appliance at least 20cm from walls or heat/steam sensitive materials and provide adequate space above and on all sides for air circulation.
- Ensure the power cord does not become trapped between the upper and lower hot plates of the appliance during use or storage.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when in use.
The appliance is marked with a HOT surface symbol. The lid and other surfaces will be hot when the appliance is operating and for some time after use. To prevent burns always use insulated oven mitts or use handles or knobs where appropriate.
WE RECOMMEND SAFETY FIRST
- Always ensure the appliance is turned OFF, unplugged at the power outlet and has been allowed to cool before cleaning, moving or storing.
- Do not use the appliance if the power cord, plug, or appliance becomes damaged in any way. If damaged or maintenance other than cleaning is required, please contact Sage Customer Service or go to sageappliances.com
- Any maintenance other than cleaning should be performed by an authorised Sage® service centre.
- Children shall not play with the appliance.
- The appliance can be used by children aged 8 years or older and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or a lack of experience and knowledge, only if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Cleaning of the appliance should not be carried out by children unless they are 8 years or older and supervised.
- The appliance and its cord should be kept out of reach of children aged 8 years and younger.
- The appliance is not intended to be operated by means of external timer or separate remote control system.
- The installation of a residual current safety switch is recommended to provide additional safety when using all electrical appliances. Safety switches with a rated operating current not more than 30mA are recommended. Consult an electrician for professional advice.
The symbol shown indicates that this appliance should not be disposed of in normal household waste. It should be taken to a local authority waste collection centre designated for this purpose or to a dealer providing this service. For more information please contact your local council office.
To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the power cord, power plug or appliance in water or any other liquid.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR NEW APPLIANCE
- A. POWER / DARKNESS Control dial
- B. Die-cast aluminum cooking plate
- C. PFOA-free non-stick
- D. Integrated moat
- E. Stainless steel housing
- F. Locking latch
- G. POWER light
- H. READY light
Rating Information 220–240V~ 50–60Hz 750–900W
OPERATING YOUR NEW APPLIANCE
Before first use, remove and safely discard any packing material, promotional labels and tape from the waffle maker.
- Wipe the waffle maker cooking plates with a damp sponge or cloth. Dry thoroughly and close the lid.
- Place the waffle maker on a flat, dry surface. Ensure there is a minimum distance of 20cm of space on all sides of the waffle maker.Do not place anything on top of the waffle maker.
- Unwind the power cord completely and insert the power plug into a grounded 220–240V power outlet.
- Turn the POWER / DARKNESS Control Dial clockwise to the desired setting to start pre-heating the waffle maker. The POWER light will be illuminated.
- Use the POWER / DARKNESS control dial to adjust the brownness of your waffle. There are 7 darkness settings ranging from 1 (lightest) to MAX (darkest). Rotate the dial clockwiseto increase the brownness or counterclockwiseto decrease it
- Once the waffle maker has completed preheating, three audible alerts will sound and the READY light will illuminate.
- Open the lid and pour approximately 125ml of batter evenly on the center of the waffle plate. The batter should cover the peaks of the waffle plate.
NOTE : When using the waffle maker for the first time you may notice a fine smoke haze. This is caused by the initial heating of some of the components and is not a cause for concern.
- Close the lid but keep the locking latch open. As the cooking cycle progresses the READY light will switch off.
- At the end of the cooking cycle, three audible alerts will sound and the READY light will illuminate. Open the lid and carefully remove your waffles.
NOTE : There can be slight variations between cooking cycles. If your waffles are not at your desired darkness, close the lid and cook for an additional minute.
- .For the most consistent results, add the next batch of batter immediately after removing the cooked waffle and repeat steps 7 through 8.
NOTE : If the next batch of batter is not added immediately after removing the cooked waffle, close the lid and allow the waffle maker to properly reheat (the READY light will switch off and then back on) before adding batter.
- If you are not cooking any more waffles, turn the POWER / DARKNESS control dial to the OFF position.
CARE and CLEANING
CARE and CLEANING
- Before cleaning, ensure the POWER / DARKNESS control dial is set to the OFF position and then remove the power plug from the power outlet.
- Allow your waffle maker to cool slightly before cleaning. The waffle maker is easier to clean when slightly warm.
- Always clean your waffle maker after each use to prevent a build-up of baked-on foods. Wipe cooking plates and overflow moat with a soft cloth to remove food residue.
PFOA-FREE NON-STICK COATING
The cooking plates, hinges and overflow moat are coated with a PFOA-FREE non-stick finish. This minimises the need for oil, prevents food from sticking, and makes cleaning easier. Do not use metal or other abrasive cleaning tools on non-stick surfaces as they will damage the coating. Use only warm soapy water and remove stubborn residue with a non-abrasive plastic scouring pad or nylon brush.
NOTE : Do not use non-stick cooking sprays as they can impact the performance of the non-stick surface on the cooking plates.
To store your waffle maker:
- Ensure the POWER / DARKNESS control dial is set to the OFF position and then unplug power cord from the power outlet.
- Allow the waffle maker to cool completely.
- Set the locking latch to the locked position.
- Wrap the power cord in the cord wrap area below the waffle maker.
- Store the waffle maker on a flat, dry level surface.
2 YEAR LIMITED GUARANTEE
Sage Appliances guarantees this product for domestic use in specified territories for 2 years from the date of purchase against defects caused by faulty workmanship and materials. During this guarantee period Sage Appliances will repair, replace, or refund any defective product (at the sole discretion of Sage Appliances). All legal warranty rights under applicable national legislation will be respected and will not be impaired by our guarantee. For full terms and conditions on the guarantee, as well as instructions on how to make a claim, please visit www.sageappliances.com.