Printed in Korea
EU/ASIA Type 01/2019
Copyright © 2018 Samsung Electronics
- Please read this guide before using the device to ensure safe and proper use.
- Images may differ in appearance from the actual product. Content is subject to change without prior notice. Visit www.samsung.com to view device information, the latest guide, and more.
- Before using the wireless charger, make sure it is compatible with your mobile device or Galaxy Watch.
- Your consumer rights are governed by the law of the country in which you purchased the product. Please contact your service provider for more information.
Using the wireless charger
- Connect the charger to the wireless charger.
When the charger is correctly connected to the wireless charger, the indicator light flashes red, green, and orange, and then turns off.
- . Place a supported mobile device on the wireless charging surface (left) or wireless charging surface (right). (1) Or, place a supported Galaxy Watch on the wireless charging surface (right). (2) Charging will begin when the charging coil comes into contact with the wireless charging coil of the mobile device or Galaxy Watch.
- Check the charging icon displayed on the screen of the mobile device or Galaxy Watch for the charging status.
- The fan rotates during wireless charging.
- If you place a Galaxy Watch with both connecting straps together on the wireless charging surface, the Galaxy Watch may not charge because the charging coil is not coming into contact with the wireless charging coil of the Galaxy Watch.
- When conductive materials are placed on the wireless charger, noise may occur from the wireless charger.
3. When the mobile device or Galaxy Watch is fully charged, remove the mobile device or Galaxy Watch from the wireless charger.
- Use only Samsung-approved charger provided with the device (12 V/2.1 A).
Precautions for mobile device or Galaxy Watch charging
- Do not place the mobile device on the wireless charger with a credit card or radio-frequency identification (RFID) card (such as a transportation card or a key card) placed between the back of the mobile device and the mobile device cover.
- Do not place the mobile device or Galaxy Watch on the wireless charger when conductive materials, such as metal objects and magnets, are placed between the mobile device or Galaxy Watch and the wireless charger.
The mobile device or Galaxy Watch may not charge properly or may overheat, or the mobile device, Galaxy Watch, or the cards may be damaged.
- Wireless charging covers are sold separately.
- Depending on the location of the wireless charging coil of the mobile device or Galaxy Watch, your mobile device or Galaxy Watch may not charge properly.
- Wireless charging may not work properly if you have attached a thick case to your mobile device. If your case is thick, remove it before placing your mobile device on the wireless charger.
- If you connect a charger to the mobile device during wireless charging, the wireless charging feature will be unavailable.
- The Gear S2 does not support the wireless charging feature.
- When charging a Galaxy Watch, update the Galaxy Watch to the latest software.
If the latest software is not installed, the charging speed may be slow.
- If you use the wireless charger in areas with weak network signals, you may lose network reception.
- The charger should remain close to the electric socket and easily accessible while charging.
Indicator light identification
The indicator light alerts you to the wireless charger’s status.
- If the indicator light does not work as described, disconnect the charger from the wireless charger and reconnect it.
- The indicator light may work differently depending on the mobile device, wireless charging cover, or Galaxy Watch.
Fast wireless charging
To begin fast wireless charging, place a mobile device that supports fast wireless charging on the wireless charger. For more information, refer to the mobile device’s user manual.
WARNING: Use only Samsung-approved charger provided with the device (12 V/2.1 A).
- Galaxy Watch does not support the fast wireless charging feature.
- When you charge two mobile devices (besides the Galaxy Watch) at the same time, you cannot use fast wireless charging 2.0. (Fast wireless charging 2.0: 10 W or more of wireless charging with a Samsung genuine certificated charger)
Read all safety information before using the device to ensure safe and proper use. To view the full safety information, refer to the Samsung website.
- Use manufacturer-approved batteries, chargers, accessories, and supplies
- Do not touch the device with wet hands
- Do not drop or cause an impact to the charger or the device
- The device can be used in locations with an ambient temperature of 0 °C to 35 °C. You can store the device at an ambient temperature of -20 °C to 50 °C. Using or storing the device outside of the recommended temperature ranges may damage the device or reduce the battery’s lifespan
- Prevent the multipurpose jack, the small end of the charger, and the fan vent from coming into contact with conductive materials, such as liquids, dust, metal powders, and pencil leads
- Do not cover or block the device’s fan vent
- Do not allow children or animals to chew or suck the device
- Do not disassemble, modify, or repair your device Magnetic stripe cards, including credit cards, phone cards, passbooks, and boarding passes, may be damaged by magnetic fields
This marking on the product, accessories or literature indicates that the product and its electronic accessories (e.g. charger, headset, USB cable) should not be disposed of with other household waste.
This product is RoHS compliant. For information on Samsung’s environmental commitments and product regulatory obligations, e.g. REACH, WEEE or Batteries, visit our sustainability page available via www.samsung.com.
Declaration of Conformity
Samsung Electronics declares that this device complies with the essential requirements and relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU.
Go to www.samsung.com/mobile_doc to view the Declaration of Conformity.