Wireless Stereo Headset
©2021 Sony Corporation Printed in Vietnam https://www.sony.net/
Headset : YY2952
FCC ID: AK8YY2952
Wireless Stereo Headset
FOR UNITED STATES CUSTOMERS. NOT APPLICABLE IN CANADA, INCLUDING IN THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC.
Do not install the product in a confined space, such as a bookcase or built-in cabinet.
Do not expose the batteries (battery pack or batteries installed) to excessive heat, such as sunshine, fire or the like for a long time.
Do not dismantle, open or shred secondary cells or batteries.
Do not expose cells or batteries to heat or fire. Avoid storage in direct sunlight.
In the event of a cell leaking, do not allow the liquid to come in contact with the skin or eyes. If contact has been made, wash the affected area with copious amounts of water and seek medical advice.
Secondary cells and batteries need to be charged before use. Always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions or product manual for proper charging instructions.
After extended periods of storage, it may be necessary to charge and discharge the cells or batteries several times to obtain maximum performance.
Dispose of properly.
RECYCLING RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES
Rechargeable batteries are recyclable.
You can help preserve our environment by returning your used rechargeable batteries to the collection and recycling location nearest you. For more information regarding the recycling of rechargeable batteries, visit http://www.sony.com/electronics/eco/environmental-management Caution: Do not handle damaged or leaking rechargeable batteries.
FOR UNITED STATES CUSTOMERS. NOT APPLICABLE IN CANADA, INCLUDING IN THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC.
You are cautioned that any changes or modifications not expressly approved in this manual could void your authority to operate this unit.
If you have any questions about this product:
Contact: Sony Customer Information Service Center at 1-800-222-7669
Write Sony Customer Information Service Center 12451 Gateway Blvd., Fort Myers, FL 33913 Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity
Trade Name: SONY Model: YY2952
Responsible Party: Sony Electronics Inc.
Address: 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127 U.S.A.
Telephone Number: 858-942-2230
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This unit has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This unit generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this unit does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the unit off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the unit and receiver.
- Connect the unit into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This unit must not be co-located or operated in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
The available scientific evidence does not show that any health problems are associated with using low power wireless devices. There is no proof, however, that these low power wireless devices are absolutely safe. Low power wireless devices emit low levels of radio frequency energy (RF) in the microwave range while being used. Whereas high levels of RF can produce health effects (by heating tissue), exposure of low-level RF that does not produce heating effects causes no known adverse health effects. Many studies of low-level RF exposures have not found any biological effects. Some studies have suggested that some biological effects might occur, but such findings have not been confirmed by additional research. The unit has been tested and found to comply with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment and meets the FCC radio requency (RF) Exposure Guidelines.
For customers in Canada
This unit contains license-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada’s license-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This unit may not cause interference; and
(2) This unit must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the unit.
The available scientific evidence does not show that any health problems are associated with using low power wireless devices. There is no proof, however, that these low power wireless devices are absolutely safe. Low power wireless devices emit low levels of radio frequency energy (RF) in the microwave range while being used. Whereas high levels of RF can produce health effects (by heating tissue), exposure of low-level RF that does not produce heating effects causes no known adverse health effects. Many studies of low-level RF exposures have not found any biological effects. Some studies have suggested that some biological effects might occur, but such findings have not been confirmed by additional research. The unit has been tested and found to comply with ISED radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment and meets RSS-102 of the ISED radio frequency (RF) Exposure rules.
High volume may adversely affect your hearing.
Do not use the unit while walking, driving, or cycling. Doing so may cause traffic accidents.
Do not use in hazardous areas unless the surrounding sound can be heard. If water or foreign matter enters the unit, it may result in fire or electric shock. If water or foreign matter enters the unit, stop use immediately and consult your nearest Sony dealer. In particular, be careful in the following cases.
- When using the unit near a sink or liquid container Be careful that the unit does not fall into a sink or container filled with water.
- When using the unit in the rain or snow, or in humid locations
For details on the effects of contact with the human body from the mobile phone or other wireless devices connected to the unit, refer to the instruction manual of the wireless device.
If the earbud tips are not securely attached, they may fall off and remain inside the ear during use. Make sure that the earbud tips are securely attached before use.
Never insert the USB plug when the unit or charging cable is wet. If the USB plug is inserted while the unit or charging cable is wet, a short circuit may occur due to liquid (tap water, seawater, soft drink, etc.) or foreign matter on the unit or charging cable, and cause abnormal heat generation or malfunction.
This product (including accessories) has a magnet(s) which may interfere with pacemakers, programmable shunt valves for hydrocephalus treatment, or other medical devices. Do not place this product close to persons who use such medical devices. Consult your doctor before using this product if you use any such medical device.
This product (including accessories) has magnet(s). Swallowing magnet(s) could cause serious harm, such as choking hazard or intestinal injuries. If magnets (or a magnet) were swallowed, consult a doctor immediately. Keep this product away from children or other supervised individuals to prevent accidental ingestion.
There is a danger that this unit or its small parts may be swallowed. After use, store the unit in the charging case and store in a location out of reach of small children. Note about static electricity
If you use the unit when the air is dry, you may experience discomfort due to static electricity accumulated on your body. This is not a malfunction of the unit. You can reduce the effect by wearing clothes made of natural materials that do not easily generate static electricity.
The factory default setting of the voice guidance for this unit is English.
The voice guidance can be heard from the unit in the following situations:
- When powering on: “Power on”
- When powering off: “Power off”
- When the remaining battery level is low and recharge is recommended: “Low battery, please recharge headset”
- When automatically turning off due to low battery: “Please recharge, headset. Power off”
- When checking the remaining battery level: “Battery fully charged” /m “Battery about 70%” / “Battery about 50%”
- When entering pairing mode: “Bluetooth pairing”
- When establishing a Bluetooth connection: “Bluetooth connected”
- When disconnecting a Bluetooth connection: “Bluetooth disconnected”
The two-dimensional code or the URL on the cover will help you access the help guide that describes useful notes or procedures in detail.
On water-resistant of the unit
- The charging case is not water resistant.
- Unless the unit is used correctly, water may get into the unit and cause fire, electrocution, or malfunctions.
Note the following cautions carefully and use the unit correctly.
To maintain water resistant performance
Carefully note the precautions below to ensure proper use of the unit.
- Do not splash water forcibly into the sound output holes.
- Do not drop the unit into the water, and do not use it underwater.
- Do not allow the unit to remain wet in a cold environment, as the water may freeze. To prevent malfunction, make sure to wipe off any water after use.
- Do not place the unit in water or use it in a humid place such as a bathroom.
- Do not drop the unit or expose it to mechanical shock. Doing so may deform or damage the unit, resulting in deterioration of water resistance performance.
On BLUETOOTH® communications
- Microwaves emitting from a Bluetooth device may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off this unit and other Bluetooth devices in the following locations, as it may cause an accident:
– in hospitals, near priority seating in trains, locations where inflammable gas is present, near automatic doors, or near fire alarms.
On charging the unit
- Be sure to use the supplied USB Type-C cable.
Notes on wearing the unit
- After use, remove the headphones slowly.
- Because the earbud tips achieve a tight seal in the ears, forcibly pressing them in or quickly pulling them out can result in eardrum damage. When wearing the earbud tips, the speaker diaphragm may produce a click sound. This is not a malfunction.
- If you experience discomfort while using the unit, stop using it immediately.
- If you have any questions or problems concerning this unit that are not covered in this manual, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.
Location of the serial number label
- the bottom of the charging case
DC 3.85 V: Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery
DC 5 V: When charged using a USB
0 °C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F)
Rated power consumption:
0.4 W (Headset), 1.9 W (Charging case)
Approx. 5.4 g × 2 (0.2 oz × 2) (Headset)
Approx. 35 g (1.24 oz) (Charging case)
Wireless Stereo Headset (1) USB Type-C® cable (USB-A to USB-C®) (approx. 20 cm (7.88 in.)) (1) Hybrid silicone rubber earbud tips (SS (1 line) (2), M (3 lines) (attached to the unit at the factory) (2), LL (5 lines) (2)) Charging case (1)
Communication system: Bluetooth Specification version 5.0
Output: Bluetooth Specification Power Class 1
Frequency band: 2.4 GHz band (2.4000 GHz – 2.4835 GHz) InDesign and specifications are subject to change without notice.
System requirements for battery charge using USB
USB AC adaptor
A commercially available USB AC adaptor capable of supplying an output current of 0.5 A (500 mA) or more
• Do not use a USB adaptor that exceeds the maximum output of 13 W (5 V, 2.6 A).
Compatible iPhone/iPod models
iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPod touch (7th generation), iPod touch (6th generation) (As of July 2021)
- Apple, iPhone, iPod and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc.,n registered in the U.S. and other countries.
• Use of the Made for Apple badge means that an accessory has been designed to connect specifically to the Apple product(s) identified in the badge, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards.
- Google and Android are trademarks of Google LLC.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Sony Corporation is under license.
- USB Type-C® and USB-C® are registered trademarks of USB Implementers Forum.
- Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Notes on the License
This product contains software that Sony uses under a licensing agreement with the owner of its copyright. We are obligated to announce the contents of the agreement to customers under requirement by the owner of the copyright for the software.
Please access the following URL and read the contents of the license. https://rd1.sony.net/help/mdr/sl/21/
Disclaimer regarding services offered by third parties
Services offered by third parties may be changed, suspended, or terminated without prior notice. Sony does not bear any responsibility in these sorts of situations.
WF-C500 (UC) [US/FR/LaES] 5-030-789-11(1)