TRISTAR Multi Crispy Fryer Oven
- By ignoring the safety instructions the manufacturer cannot be held responsible for the damage.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Never move the appliance by pulling the cord and make sure the cord cannot become entangled.
- The appliance must be placed on a stable, level surface.
- This appliance is only to be used for household purposes and only for the purpose it is made for. In worst case the food can catch fire. (i.e. do not use more than one tea spoon of oil, no meat that will release to much grease or water intended for boiling foods.
- This appliance shall not be used by children aged less than 8 years. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children aged less than 8 years. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless older than 8 and supervised.
- To protect yourself against an electric shock, do not immerse the cord, plug or appliance in the water or any other liquid.
- The appliance is to be connected to a socket outlet having an earthed contact (for class I appliances).
- WARNING: If the surface is cracked, switch off the appliance to avoid the possibility of an electric shock.
- Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children less than 8 years.
- The temperature of accessible surfaces may be high when the appliance is operating.
- The appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an external
- Surfaces indicated with this logo are liable to get hot during use.
- In order to prevent disruptions of the airflow do not put anything on top of the appliance and make sure there is always 10 centimeter of free space around the appliance.
- After the baking process the appliance needs to cooldown, this cooling process will activate automatically when the timer is done. Avoid to unplug the appliance from the net socket before the cooling process is finished because
the remaining hot air can damage the appliance.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
- Staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments.
- By clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments.
- Bed and breakfast type environments.
- Farm houses.
- Main unit
- Removal handle
- Baking rack (2 x)
- Fat collecting tray / baking tray
BEFORE THE FIRST USE
• When the device is turned on for the first time, a slight odour will occur. This is normal, ensure adequate ventilation. This fragrance is only temporary and will disappear soon.
• Remove all packaging material.
• Remove any stickers or labels from the appliance.
• Wipe the inside and outside of the appliance with a moist cloth.
Fat collecting/baking tray
Always place the fat collecting tray in the lower rails of the cooking space to collect dripping fat, food residues or crumbs. It can also be used as a baking tray by placing food on it, place the baking tray in the middle rails.
Don’t overfill the basket with ingredients, if it’s to full, the food will not cook evenly.
- The baking racks are slid onto the rails in the cooking space.
- The heating element is located at the top of the cooking space.
- The higher a rack is placed, the more intense the heat is from above.
- In the upper part, the food is cooked faster and crispy.
- The middle position can be selected to achieve uniform heating from all sides.
- The bottom rails are suitable for gentle cooking.
- Put the mains plug in an earthed wall socket.
- Open the door.
- If the fat collecting tray is not to be used as a baking tray, slide it into the lowest rails of the cooking space
- Select a suitable accessory for the food to be prepared.
- Process the food and place it on or in the accessory and attach this accessory in the device.
- Close the door.
- Press the on/off switch. The display will become active.
- Set the temperature and cooking time manually or choose between one of the 11 programs.
- Touch the + or – symbol at the temperature setting to set the desired temperature (lowest 65°C, highest 200°C).
- Touch the + or – symbol at the time setting to set the desired time (1 minute to 60 minutes).
- Activate the desired program by touching the program symbol, it’s activated when the symbol starts flashing.
- Touching the same symbol again will cancel the selection.
- See for presetting information the table below:
|Default cooking time
- The cooking time depends on the thickness of the food. Times can also vary due to the quantity and consistency of the food. The time settings are only guidelines and can be adapted to your taste. Double the time for tough meat and extend the time by at least 20% for deep-frozen food.
|Min-max amount (g)
|add 1/2 a tablespoon of oil
|Frozen fish fingers
|Use baking tin
|Use baking tin
|Use baking tin
- Make sure that meat and poultry are thoroughly cooked before serving.
- To change the temperature or cooking time of a selected program, touch the temperature and time setting buttons, the same as for manual setting and set a new value.
- Successively illuminating operating lamps indicate that the device is operating. If operation is interrupted, they flash.
- Switch on the light pushing the button to check the condition of the food during use or open the door, the light will switch on and the operation is interrupted automatically. Operation is resumed once the door is closed again.
- After the cooking time has elapsed, the device switches off automatically and it will give a beep sound. If the device must be stopped prematurely, press the on/off switch.
- Open the door and take the cooked items out of the device. Always use oven gloves and use the removal handle/tool to take out the accessories.
- After use, remove the mains plug from the wall socket.
- Allow the used accessories and device to cool down and then clean them.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Before cleaning, unplug the appliance and wait for the appliance to cool down.
- Never immerse the device in water or any other liquid. The device is not dishwasher proof.
- Clean the appliance with a damp cloth. Never use harsh and abrasive cleaners, scouring pad or steel wool, which damages the device.
- Rinse all other used parts with dish soap and warm water or in the dishwasher. In the case of stubborn dirt, we recommend soaking the accessories in warm water and washing-up liquid beforehand.
- The door is detachable for easy cleaning, open the door to a 30° angle and gently take off the door. The door is not dishwasher safe.
- Allow all parts to dry completely or dry them with a towel.
This appliance should not be put into the domestic garbage at the end of its durability, but must be offered at a central point for the recycling of electric and electronic domestic appliances. This symbol on the appliance, instruction manual and packaging puts your attention to this important issue. The materials used in this appliance can be recycled. By recycling of used domestic appliances you contribute an important push to the protection of our environment. Ask your local authorities for information regarding the point of recollection.
You can find all available information and spare parts at www.tristar.eu