TRISTAR Steam Iron Instruction Manual
- Temperature knob
- Water tank cover
- Steam rate control button (for decreasing steam)
- Spray head
- Spray button
- Burst of steam button
- Indicator light
- By ignoring the safety instructions the manufacturer can not be hold responsible for the damage.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Never move the appliance by pulling the cord and make sure the cord can not become entangled.
- The appliance must be placed on a stable, level surface.
- This appliance is only to be used forhousehold purposes and only for the purpose it is made for.
- This appliance shall not be used by children aged less than 8 years. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children aged less than 8 years. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless older than 8 and supervised.
- To protect yourself against an electric shock, do not immerse the cord, plug or appliance in the water or any other liquid.
- Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children less than 8 years of age when it is energized or cooling down.
- Do not left the iron unattended while it is connected to the mains supply.
- Do not open the waterreservoir during use.
- Do not use the iron when it’s dropped, if there are visible signs of damage or if it is leaking.
- Make sure the iron will be used and rest on a stable surface.
- Remove the plug from the socket before the water reservoir will be filled with water.
- Surface are liable to get hot during use.
BEFORE THE FIRST USE
- Carefully read all instructions before using the iron.
- Clean the soleplate with a soft damp cloth before the iron will be used for the first time.
- Pull out the water tank cover and slowly fill the water tank with clean cold water using the measuring cup.
- Smell or smoke may disperse at the beginning as caused by the warming up of the insulation material.
- NOTE: Some particles may come out of the soleplate when you use the iron for the first time. This is normal; the particles are harmless and stop coming out of the iron after a short while.
Selecting the temperature
- Check the ironing instructions on the garment to be ironed.
- If the garment does not have any ironing instructions but you know the kind of fabric in question, use the chart below.
- Fabrics that have some kind of finish(polishing, wrinkles, contrast)can be ironed at the lowest temperatures.
- If the fabric contains several kinds of fibres ,always select the temperature applicable, if an article contains 60% polyester and 40% cotton, you must always choose the temperature corresponding to polyester and without steam.
- First classify the garments to be ironed according to the most suitable ironing temperature: wool with wool, cotton with cotton, etc. as the iron heats up as fast as it cools, start by ironing the articles requiring the lowest temperature such as those made of synthetic fibres. Progress towards those that require the highest temperatures.
- Turn the temperature control until it is in front of the appropriate signal according to the following:
- · position for nylon and acetate
- ·· position for wool ,silk or mixures
- ··· position for cotton or linen (steam).
How to fill the water tank
- Unplug the iron.
- Set the steam ruler to dry ironing .
- Fill the tank through the filling hole.
- If you have hard water, it is advisable to use only distilled or demineralized water.
- Note: Do not use chemically de-limed water or perfumed.
- Note: Do not store the iron with water in the tank.
- Fill the iron as described in the section “how to fill the water tank”.
- Plug the iron into the mains.
- Steam ironing is only possible when the highest temperature shown on the temperature control is selected. Otherwise water may escape through the soleplate.
- Turn the steam button to the required position.
- When the ironing is finished and during breaks, place the iron in its upright position.
- Disconnect the iron from the mains supply. Pour of any remaining water and leave the iron to cool off.
- The spray can be used in any position, either in dry or steam ironing, as long as the water tank is filled with water.
- Press the spray button for this function.
- NOTE: This button has to be pressed repetitively to start this function for the first time.
Shot of steam
- Shot of steam give extra steam for removing persistent wrinkles.
- Wait for a few seconds for the steam to penetrate the fibre before pressing again.
- NOTE: For the best steam quality, do not use more than three successive bursts each time.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Always unplug the device and let it cool down completely before cleaning
- To avoid damage to the soleplate, never use any sharp object or metal utensil to scrap the soleplate
- To remove build up scales in the steam holes, use a cotton wool tip moistened with mild descaling solution.
- Use a soft damp cloth to clean the housing of the device.
- Do not use any abrasive detergent or steel wool to clean the iron, as it may scratch the surfaces.
- Empty any remaining water from the water tank, do not allow water to stay overnight in the water tank.
- Always allow the iron to cool completely before winding the cord around the soleplate.
This appliance should not be put into the domestic garbage at the end of its durability, but must be offered at a central point for the recycling of electric and electronic domestic appliances. This symbol on the appliance, instruction manual and packaging puts your attention to this important issue. The materials used in this appliance can be recycled. By recycling of used domestic appliances you contribute an important push to the protection of our environment. Ask your local authorities for information regarding the point of recollection.
You can find all available information and spare parts at www.tristar.eu!
Tristar Europe B.V. | Jules Verneweg 87
5015 BH Tilburg | The Netherlands