vtech KidiBuzz User Guide
Register your KidiBuzz™ to get:
- The full collection of educational games that come with this device
- Two FREE apps from Learning Lodge®, VTech’s online store1
- Kid-friendly chatting with KidiConnect™
- Access to Parent Settings where you can manage your child’s apps, set time limits, and more
- CHARGE your KidiBuzz™ using the included USB cable and adapter. A flashing green light indicates charging is in progress. The light will stop flashing when the device is fully charged. A full charge takes about 3.5 hours. The battery should be fully charged before the first use or before attempting a system update.
- SET UP the device by following the on-screen prompts to connect to Wi-Fi2 and select a time zone.
- DOWNLOAD and install an important update to your KidiBuzz™.
- REGISTER your KidiBuzz™ by creating a Learning Lodge® account.
UNLOCK KidiConnect™ at the end of registration and install the app on your mobile device.
- ENJOY fun learning games, silly photos, kid-friendly chatting and more!
- For first-time registration and designated content only.
- Supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n only
- Camera Button – Press this for instant access to the camera.
- Talk Button – Press this to send a quick voice message. If you want to choose a contact first, press the button once then touch the Change Friend icon. If you want to keep sending messages to the same person without choosing a contact, you can hold down the button while you talk, and it will record your voice. Let the button go to send the message.
To enter Parent Settings, touch the profile icon in the corner of your child’s Home screen. A Parents icon will appear. Touch that icon, then input your passcode on the pop-up screen.
With Parent Settings, you can control the way your child plays by adding or removing content, setting time limits, managing access to the Web, and adjusting device settings.
Adding or Removing Content
Browse Learning Lodge® for a selection of age appropriate educational apps that have been approved by VTech® learning experts. If you’re looking for common Android apps outside of the VTech® ecosystem, go to Device Settings and select Get More Apps to find instructions on how to install a third-party app store.
You can manage any new content you add through the following menu options:
- Storage Manager—Select this option to manage your device’s memory storage.
- VTech® App Manager—Come here to download or uninstall any content you’ve purchased from Learning Lodge®. You can also uninstall some of the content that was included with the system.
- App Settings—If you download content from a third-party app store, it will not appear in your child’s profile until you come here and give them permission to use the app.
Setting Time Limits
Select Time Controls from the Parent Settings menu to limit the amount of time your child is allowed to play per day or to mark certain hours of the day as off limits.
Managing Web Access
The Web Browser creates a kid-friendly environment by only allowing your child to visit sites that have been pre-screened by VTech® for their age-appropriate content. You can add additional sites to your child’s Browser (or remove sites) by selecting Approved Sites from the Parent Settings menu.
Note: Although VTech® makes every effort to ensure a kid-friendly browsing environment, the content of individual websites may change without VTech’s knowledge. Please be sure to monitor your child’s online experience.
Adjusting Device Settings
There are several other options in Parent Settings that will allow you to control your device’s Wi-Fi connection, edit your child’s profile information or your Learning Lodge® account information, and manage detailed device settings.
If You Forget Your Parent Settings Passcode
If you forget your Parent Settings passcode, go to the passcode screen and enter the number 9876543210. We’ll send you an email to tell you your passcode.
Charging the Device
To charge the device, first connect the included USB cable to the KidiBuzz™ by inserting the small end of the cable into the micro-USB port on your device. Insert the larger end of the USB cable into the USB socket of the Power Adapter and plug the Adapter into a wall socket.
You can also charge the device by plugging the larger end of the USB cable into a computer’s USB port.
Guidelines for charging
Only charge this device using the included micro USB cable connected to a computer or the included power adapter. Do not charge using a third party adapter. Before use, inspect the cord to confirm that it is in good condition and that there are no breaks or exposed wires. Ensure there are no particles or liquid (water, juice, etc.) in either of the connectors before plugging in either end of the cable. The device should be completely dry with no debris in the cable connectors when charging. Plug in the cable securely, in the correct orientation. If the device is on when plugged in, a dialog box may open on your computer to allow you to access the device’s drive. Never leave the device unattended while charging. Do not charge your device on soft surfaces, as they can trap heat around the device. Typical charging time is between 2-3 hours if the battery is fully depleted. Disconnect the device when it is fully charged. Do not leave the device charging for more than 4 hours.
Specification of Power Adapter:
Output: 5V DC
WARNING: All packing materials, such as tape, plastic sheets, packaging locks, removable tags, cable ties and packaging screws are not part of this toy, and should be discarded for your child’s safety.
Note: Please keep this Quick Start Guide as it contains important information.
A very small percentage of the public, due to an existing condition, may experience epileptic seizures or momentary loss of consciousness when viewing certain types of flashing colors or patterns, especially on television. While the KidiBuzz™ does not contribute to any additional risks, we do recommend that parents supervise their children while they play video games. If your child experiences dizziness, altered vision, disorientation, or convulsions, discontinue use immediately and consult your physician. Please note that focusing on an LCD screen at close range for a prolonged period of time may cause fatigue or discomfort. We recommend that children take a 15-minute break for every hour of play.
- When you are not charging the battery or connected to a computer, close the USB port cover on the KidiBuzz™ for safety.
- Use the power adapter and micro-USB cable that came with this device to charge it. Using a different charger may damage your KidiBuzz™.
- Please note: VTech® is the only service provider that is authorized to replace the battery on your KidiBuzz™. Any attempt to remove or replace the battery by a third party or by yourself may damage your KidiBuzz™ and will void your warranty. If you feel your battery needs service, please contact VTech’s Consumer Services Department.
Static electricity may cause the KidiBuzz™ to malfunction. In some cases, the game play score stored in the device’s memory may be lost. In cases where the KidiBuzz™ is malfunctioning due to static electricity, reset the device by pressing and holding the Power Button for 10 seconds until the unit turns off. Then press and hold the Power Button for 3 seconds to turn on the unit again.
This product is licensed under the AVC patent portfolio license for the personal use of a consumer or other uses in which it does not receive remuneration to
- encode video in compliance with the AVC standard (“AVC video”) and/or
- decode AVC video that was encoded by a consumer engaged in a personal activity and/or was obtained from a video provider licensed to provide AVC video.
No license is granted or shall be implied for any other use. Additional information may be obtained from MPEG LA, L.L.C. See http://www.mpegla.com
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
VTech® Electronics North America, L.L.C. and its suppliers assume no responsibility for any damage or loss resulting from the use of this handbook. VTech® Electronics North America, L.L.C. and its suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or claims by third parties that may arise through the use of this software. VTech® Electronics North America, L.L.C. and its suppliers assume no responsibility for any damage or loss caused by deletion of data as a result of malfunction, dead battery, or repairs. Be sure to make backup copies of important data on other media to protect against data loss.
THIS DEVICE COMPLIES WITH PART 15 OF THE FCC RULES AND INDUSTRY CANADA LICENCE-EXEMPT RSS STANDARD(S). OPERATION IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TWO CONDITIONS: (1) THIS DEVICE MAY NOT CAUSE INTERFERENCE, AND (2) THIS DEVICE MUST ACCEPT ANY INTERFERENCE, INCLUDING INTERFERENCE THAT MAY CAUSE UNDESIRED OPERATION OF THE DEVICE. LE PRÉSENT APPAREIL EST CONFORME AUX CNR D’INDUSTRIE CANADA APPLICABLES AUX APPAREILS RADIO EXEMPTS DE LICENCE. L’EXPLOITATION EST AUTORISÉE AUX DEUX CONDITIONS SUIVANTES:
(1) L’APPAREIL NE DOIT PAS PRODUIRE DE BROUILLAGE, ET (2) L’UTILISATEUR DE L’APPAREIL DOIT ACCEPTER TOUT BROUILLAGE RADIOÉLECTRIQUE SUBI, MÊME SI LE BROUILLAGE EST SUSCEPTIBLE D’EN COMPROMETTRE LE FONCTIONNEMENT.
Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity
Trade Name: VTECH®
Product name: KidiBuzz™
Responsible Party: VTech Electronics North America, LLC
Address: 1156 W. Shure Drive, Suite 200, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Caution : Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
A USB cable with a ferrite core must be used with this equipment to ensure compliance with the Class B FCC limits.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
STATING THE TERMS THAT GOVERN YOUR USE OF SOFTWARE FOR KIDIBUZZ OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE APPLICATION OF SOFTWARE (“SOFTWARE”). “SOFTWARE” INCLUDES AUDIO FILES FOR THE KIDIBUZZ SYSTEM.
BY ACTIVATING, USING, DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE , YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE SOFTWARE IS CONDITIONAL UPON YOUR AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DETERMINE THAT YOU ARE UNWILLING TO AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO USE THE SOFTWARE AND YOU SHOULD PROMPTLY RETURN THE SOFTWARE TO VTECH OR DELETE IT.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 OR ARE OTHERWISE CONSIDERED A MINOR IN YOUR JURISDICTION, YOU SHOULD REVIEW THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN (COLLECTIVELY, “PARENT”) AND MAKE SURE THAT YOUR PARENT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES ON YOUR BEHALF TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. WHEREVER THIS AGREEMENT REFERS TO “YOU” OR “YOUR,” IT IS MEANT TO INCLUDE BOTH PARENT AND CHILDREN USERS, EXCEPT
WHERE A CHILD IS NOT OF SUFFICIENT LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING CONTRACT (SUCH AS AN E-COMMERCE TRANSACTION) OR PROVIDE ANY REQUIRED CONSENTS (SUCH AS CONSENT TO DATA COLLECTION, PROCESSING, OR TRANSFERS), IN WHICH CASE THE PARENT OF SUCH CHILD HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES HE/SHE IS ACTING ON THE CHILD’S BEHALF TO EFFECTUATE SUCH CONTRACTS OR CONSENTS AND IS FULLY LIABLE FOR THE ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OF SUCH CHILD WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND RELATED SERVICES.
- OWNERSHIP. The Software and Documentation (including all content contained within the Product) are owned by VTECH, or its licensors, and are protected by international copyright and other intellectual property laws. The Software and Documentation shall only be used by you in accordance with this Agreement. The Software and Documentation are licensed, not sold. Except as specifically set forth herein, VTECH and its licensors retain all right, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Software and Documentation.
- LICENSE TERMS. VTECH grants to you, subject to the terms, conditions and limitations further defined in this Agreement, a non-exclusive, nonsublicenseable, non-transferable license for non-commercial use, and to use the Documentation in connection with such use of the Software. Any modifications, upgrades, error corrections, or other updates to the Software provided by VTECH to you shall be deemed part of the Software and use thereof shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, unless the parties have entered into a separate, written agreement governing such modifications, upgrades, error corrections, or other updates.
- RESTRICTIONS ON REVERSE ENGINEERING AND SECURITY. Except to the extent otherwise expressly and unambiguously authorized by VTECH or to the extent such restrictions are explicitly prohibited by applicable law, you shall NOT reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, translate or attempt to learn the source code of the Software (ii) copy, modify, create derivative works of
distribute, sell, assign, pledge, sublicense, lease, loan, rent, timeshare, deliver or otherwise transfer the Software (iii) remove from the Software, or alter or add, any copyright, trademarks, trade names, logos, notices or markings (iv) violate, tamper with or circumvent any security system or measures implemented by VTECH which are designed to prevent unauthorized copying of the Software. Any such forbidden use shall immediately terminate your license to the Software without any prior notice.
- LIMITED WARRANTY. VTECH warrants to you – subject to your compliance with the terms herein – that for a period of ninety (90) days from the date you purchase the Product, the Software will substantially conform to VTECH’s published specifications for the Software. Your sole and exclusive remedy under the foregoing warranty shall be for VTECH, at its choice, to use commercially reasonable efforts to correct any substantial non-conformity of the Software reported to VTECH in writing within the warranty period and/or provide a replacement copy of the Software. The foregoing warranty shall not apply to any non-conformity that is caused by (i) the use or operation of the Software with an application or in an environment other than that intended or recommended by VTECH, (ii) modifications to the Software not made by VTECH or (iii) third party hardware or software provided by any third party.
VTECH MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT THE SOFTWARE IS ERROR FREE OR IS SUITABLE FOR YOUR PURPOSES. VTECH MAKES NO WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE SET FORTH ABOVE, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY VTECH, ITS RESELLERS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL VTECH BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE OF DATA, COST OF REPLACEMENT GOODS OR HARDWARE, OR OTHER INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD OR DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF VTECH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY. YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL VTECH’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY HEREUNDER OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCT AND/OR SOFTWARE.
- TERMINATION. This License Agreement will automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any term thereof. No notice shall be required from VTECH to effect such termination.
Visit our website for more information about our products, downloads, resources and more. vtechkids.com
Read our complete warranty policy online at vtechkids.com/warranty