Mi Sphere Camera Kit
This version is for private use only and should not be distributed.
Package contents: Mi Sphere Camera, USB Cable, Tripod, Pouch, User Manual
- Turning on/oﬀ
Turning on: Press the Power/Mode button. Photo and video status indicators will light up, and the indicator of the current model will remain steady. Turning oﬀ: Press and hold the Power/Mode button until the status indicator of the current mode is oﬀ.
- Switching between photo and video mode
Press the Power/Mode button to switch between photo and video modes. Video mode is set as factory default.
- Recording videos
The video status indicator is steady blue in video mode. Press the Shutter/OK button to start recording. The video status indicator will turn red and start blinking. Press the Shutter/OK button to stop recording. The video status indicator will ﬂash 3 times and turn steady blue again.
- . Short videos
While in video mode, long-press the Shutter/OK button to record a short video. The video status indicator will turn red and start blinking. Your camera will stop recording automatically in 10 seconds. The length of short videos can be set in the App.
- Taking photos
The photo status indicator is steady blue in the photo mode. Press the Shutter/OK button to take a photo. Photo status indicator will ﬂash once with every photo you take.
- Resetting Wi-Fi password
Press and hold the Wi-Fi button for 5 seconds to reset the Wi-Fi password.
- Battery indicator
a. Charger isn’t connected Low battery: Battery indicator is ﬂashing red. Out of power: Battery indicator is oﬀ.
b. Charger is connected Charging: Battery indicator is steady red. Fully charged: Battery indicator turns steady blue.
Your camera will go into standby mode if you don’t use it for 2 minutes. The battery indicator will turn blue and start blinking. Press any button to wake up your camera.
Connecting your camera
1. Download and install the camera App.
2. Press the Wi-Fi button on your camera. Wi-Fi indicator will start ﬂashing blue.
3. Open the App and tap the camera button. Wi-Fi indicator will stop ﬂashing when the
connection is established.
4. The default Wi-Fi password of your camera is 12345678.
Download the App
Search for “Mi Sphere Camera” in your preferred App market or scan this QR code to download the App.
Scan QR code to download
- The camera may lower its performance or shut down automatically while being used in extreme weather conditions.
- Do not use the camera when air temperature or humidity are changing drastically; otherwise, condensation may appear inside the camera. If this happens, open the Mini-USB port cover to facilitate evaporation.
- Do not place the camera on rough surfaces directly to avoid scratching the lens.
- Mi Sphere Camera passed our controlled lab tests which showed that it meets the IP6 standard. It means that Mi Sphere Camera is protected from dust and the eﬀects of immersion in water to depth up to 1 meter for 30 minutes. However, the camera’s dust-, water-, and splash-resistance capabilities are not permanent and will decrease as the camera is being used.
RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS REPLACED BY AN INCORRECT TYPE DISPOSE OF USED BATTERIES ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS
Notices for Customers in the U.S.A.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
• This device may not cause harmful interference.
• This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Any changes or modiﬁcations not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
RF Exposure Information and Statement
The SAR limit of USA (FCC) is 1.6 W/kg averaged over one gram of tissue. Device types QJXJ01FJ (FCC ID: 2AJ2LQJXJ01FJ) have also been tested against this SAR limit. The highest SAR value reported under this standard during product certiﬁcation for use at the ear is 0.226 W/kg and when properly worn on the body is 0.031 W/kg.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Pb, which is/are known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Pb, which is/are known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Wamings.ca.gov.
Notices for Customers in Canada
English: This device complies with Industry Canada’s license-exempt RSS. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference.
- This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Notices for Customers in Europe
EU Regulatory Conformance
Hereby, we, Beĳing MADV Technology Co., Ltd. declares that this equipment type QJXJ01 FJ is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU. The declaration of conformity may be consulted at www.madv360.com
RF Exposure Information and Statement
A minimum separation distance of 0.5 cm must be maintained between the user’s body and the device, including the antenna during body-worn operation to comply with the RF exposure requirements in Europe. The SAR limit for mobile devices is 2.0 W/kg and the highest SAR value for this device when tested for use at the body was 0.268 W/kg.
RED RF Output table
|Function||Frequency||Maximum Out Power (EIRP)|
|WiFi||2412-2472 Mhz||17.64 dBm|
|Bluetooth||2402-2480 Mhz||5.72 dBm|
Please don’t use the camera in a conﬁned environment with a temperature higher than 35 degrees Celsius.
Product name: Mi Sphere Camera Kit
Input: 5V 2A
Focal length: 1.43
Standby power consumption: 3.8W
Storage temperature: -20—45°C
Storage humidity: 10%—90%
Battery capacity: 1600mAh
Image resolution: up to 6912×3456
Video resolution: up to 3456×1728
Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz, Bluetooth 4.0
Expandable storage options: microSD card (up to 128GB, at least Class 10).
Use U3 microSD cards for recording video in the highest resolution.
System requirements: Android 5.0/iOS 8 or later
Power adapter specs:
Output: 5V 2A/9V 2A/12V 1.5A
Supported standards: QC2.0, USB-A
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- To protect against unexpected damage do not immerse the whole appliances in other liquid.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufactory causes a ﬁre or personal injury.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Disconnect the charger from the socket when not in use, failing to do so may result in ﬁre or other unexpected danger.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Do not use appliances other than intended use.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Principal: Xiaomi Communications Co., Ltd.
Manufacturer: Beĳing MADV Technology Co., Ltd. (a Mi Ecosystem Company)
Address: 30-17 Shixing St, Shĳingshan District, Beĳing, China
Online support: www.mi.com/us/supports
Go to www.mi.com to learn more
Made in China