AmazonBasics Metal Twin Loft Bed Installation Guide
Read these instructions carefully and retain them for future use. If this product is passed to a third party, then these instructions must be included.
When using the product, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of injury including the following:
Risk of injury! Bunk beds and high beds are not suitable for children under six years due to the risk of injury from falls.
Risk of injury! Bunk beds and high beds can present a serious risk of injury from strangulation if not used correctly. Never attach or hang items to any part of the bunk bed that are not designed to be used with the bed, for example, but not limited to ropes, strings, cords, hooks, belts and bags.
Risk of injury! Use the recommended size of mattress and mattress support to effectively prevent clipping and fall. The distance from the surface of the mattress to the edge of the guardrail should be at least 6.3” (160 mm) to provide a safer and more comfortable living environment.
Risk of injury! Do not replace the original parts with substitutes to avoid damage.
Risk of injury! Do not allow horseplay on or under the bed and prohibit jumping on the bed.
Risk of injury! Do not remove the warning label from the bed.
Risk of injury! Children can become trapped between the bed and the wall, a roof pitch, the ceiling, adjoining pieces of furniture (e.g. cupboards) and the like. To avoid risk of serious injury the distance between the top safety barrier and the adjoining structure shall not exceed 2.9” (75 mm) or shall be more than 9” (230 mm).
Risk of injury! Do not use the bunk bed/high bed if any structural part is broken or missing.
- For domestic use only.
- Two competent adults must assemble this product.
- Keep children and pets away while assembling the product.
- Always use the product on a firm, level ground.
- To avoid scratching the floor, assemble the product on a soft surface, such as a carpet.
- Do not overtighten the fasteners.
- Regularly examine the product for wear and tear. Stop using the product at first sign of damage or if parts become detached.
- Do not use power tools to assemble the product. Power tools may strip or damage the parts.
- Assemble the product in a spacious area, preferably on a carpet, near the place where the product is to be located.
- The product is intended for users up to 150 lbs (68.2 kg).
- Do not allow children to play on or around the product.
- Do not allow more than 1 person (or child) to sleep on the bed.
- Always use ladder for entering or leaving the bed.
- If the bed will be placed next to a wall, the guardrail that runs the full length of the bed should be placed against the wall to prevent entrapment between the bed and the wall.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- A proper ventilation of the room is necessary in order to keep the humidity low and to prevent mould in and around the bed.
- Follow the information on the warnings appearing on the upper bunk end structure and on the carton.
- Always use the recommended size mattresses or mattress supports, or both, to help prevent the likelihood of entrapment or falls.
- Use of a night light may provide added safety precaution for a child using the upper bunk.
- The use of water or sleep flotation mattresses is prohibited.
- Check the product for transport damages.
- Remove all the packing materials.
Risk of suffocation! Keep any packaging materials away from children – these materials are a potential source of danger, e.g. suffocation.
- To clean the product, wipe with a soft, slightly moist cloth.
- Never use corrosive detergents, wire brushes, abrasive scourers, metal or sharp utensils to clean the product.
- Regularly check that all the components and fasteners are tightened.
- Store the product in a cool and dry place away from children and pets, ideally in its original packaging.
- Avoid any vibrations and shocks.
Net weight: 83.97 lbs (38.17 kg)
Dimensions (W x H x D): 77.5 x 50.5 x 55.75″ (196.9 x 128.3 x 141.6 cm)
Maximum user weight: 150 lbs (68.2 kg)
Classification: Fixed type
Material: Stainless steel
Suitable mattress size: Twin size: 39 x 75″ (99 x 190.5 cm)
Suitable mattress thickness: Maximum: 6″ (15.24 cm)
Love it? Hate it? Let us know with a customer review.
AmazonBasics is committed to delivering customer-driven products that live up to your high standards. We encourage you to write a review sharing your experiences with the product.
MADE IN CHINA