PLEASE READ AND SAVE THESE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
Read and understand all instructions before using this product and follow all warnings and cautions in the manual.
- To protect against the risk of electrical hazards, do not immerse the appliance, power cord or plug in water or any other liquids.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified electrician in order to avoid a hazard, or the product must be disposed of.
- Place the power cord in such a way that pulling or tripping over it is not possible.
- Always place and operate the appliance on a flat, solid, clean, dry and heat-resistant surface.
- The power socket must be readily accessible so that the appliance can be unplugged in an emergency.
- This appliance is intended to be used indoors in households and similar applications such as: staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments, farmhouses, by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments, bed and breakfast type environments.
- The appliance is intended for household use only. Do not use outdoors or for commercial purposes. Any other use will void the warranty.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Always unplug from the mains power when not in use and allow the appliance to cool down before cleaning.
- Do not operate the appliance if damaged or malfunctions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Only use the handle.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Do not use an extension cord with this appliance.
- Do not dismantle and repair the appliance by yourself. DANGER OF AN ELECTRIC SHOCK AND/OR FIRE!
- Do not allow this appliance to touch curtains, wall coverings, clothing, dish towels or other flammable materials during use.
- IMPORTANT! Do not leave the appliance unattended when in use or when connected to mains power.
- Do not operate your appliance inside a cabinet or under a wall cabinet. When storing in a cabinet, always unplug the appliance from mains power.
- The temperature of accessible surfaces may be high when the appliance is operating.
- This appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control
- Use only heat-proof synthetic or wooden utensils when removing a snack. This is to prevent damage to the non-stick coating on the heating plates. Make sure that the utensils are not pointed or have sharp edges.
- IMPORTANT! Place the snack maker on a heat-resistant surface or use a heat-resistant mat
to prevent heat damage to the bench surface.
- Caution, hot surface. Care must be taken. The surfaces are liable to get hot during use.
- For cleaning the cooking surfaces, please refer to the section “Cleaning and Maintenance”.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
KNOW YOUR SNACK MAKER
- Locking clip
- Red power light
- Green ready light 5. Plate release clip
- Donut plate
- Waffle plate
- Pancake plate
- Panini plate
BEFORE FIRST USE
IMPORTANT! Always place and operate the appliance on a flat, solid, clean, dry and heat-resistance surface.
IMPORTANT! Place the snack maker on a heat-resistant surface or use a heat-resistant mat to prevent heat damage to the bench surface.
- Unpack the appliance and check if all parts are there and undamaged. In case of shipping damage
or incomplete package, return the product to Kmart.
- Clean the inside and outside of the appliance with a damp cloth or sponge. Wipe dry with a soft dry cloth.
- WARNING! Do not immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid to clean.
- Wash the accessories with soapy water. Dry all components thoroughly before use.
- Place the appliance on a flat, heat-resistant stable surface and ensure a minimum of 10cm free space around the appliance. Do not operate your appliance inside a cabinet or under a wall cabinet.
- Push the plate release clip to the direction of the arrow to release the backing plate on the appliance. Choose the right pair of baking plates and install in the snack maker.
- Plug the appliance into an electrical power outlet.
- Note: Make sure the voltage indicated on the appliance matches the local voltage before connecting the appliance to mains power. Rated voltage: 220-240V~ 50-60Hz.
- Allow the appliance to heat up for approximately 5 minutes. Apply a thin coating of cooking oil to the cooking plates and carefully rub it in with a paper towel. You only need to condition the cooking plates when using your baking plates for the first time.
- CAUTION: The baking plates will get very hot.
- IMPORTANT! On first use there may be a small amount of haze and an odor emitted from the appliance. This is perfectly normal and will subside after few minutes of use.
- Unplug the appliance and now it is ready for use.
HOW TO USE YOUR snack maker
- Before using the appliance, clean the baking surfaces with a damp cloth. Dry it with paper towel.
- Close the appliance and plug it into a mains power outlet socket. Both red power indicator and the green working indicator will light up, indicating that the snack maker is connected to mains power and begins preheating. The red power indicator will remain ON until you unplug the appliance from mains power.
- It will take approximately 3 minutes to reach the recommended baking temperature. The green working indicator will go OFF when the snack maker is ready for use.
- Open the appliance and brush the baking plates with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Put the right ingredients and close the appliance to begin cooking.
NOTE: Gently close the lid and ensure to lock the appliance with the locking clip until it ‘clicks’ in place. Do not slam the lid down, as it may cause the mixture to come off the mold.
- The green working indicator will light up again when another baking cycle starts. The actual baking time varies depending on the type of batter and ingredients you use. A general guideline is around 5-8 minutes of baking time.
- If you prefer a darker result, close the appliance again and continue baking until the desired baking color is achieved.
IMPORTANT! Do not open the appliance during the first 2 minutes after filling in the batter. It will cause splitting of the under-baked snacks and make it difficult to remove.
- To remove the snacks, always use a plastic or wooden spatula. Never use a sharp or metal object, as this will damage the non-stick coating or the baking plate. We recommend using oven mitts when removing hot food from the snack maker.
- After using the snack maker, disconnect the power plug from the mains power outlet socket.
1. The first heating process should take place without any food. Let it heat for about 5 minutes. There may be a small amount of smoke and odor from the unit when heating up. This is normal and harmless. This should disappear after few minutes of use.
2. The red power light will be ON when the snack maker is connected to mains power, and the green ready light will cycle ON and OFF to maintain the cooking temperature.
3. Never use a sharp fork or knife to remove the snacks as this would damage the non-stick coating on the braking surface. Use heat-resistant wood or plastic utensils only.
4. Always unplug the appliance from the mains power outlet socket when not in use.
- If the surface of the snack maker is cracked or damaged, disconnect the appliance from the mains power to avoid the possibility of an electric shock.
- This appliance is not designed to be operated by means an external timer or separate remote control system.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
This appliance should be cleaned after each use.
CAUTION: Do not immerse the snack maker in water or in a dishwasher!
- Always ensure the snack maker is disconnected from the mains power outlet socket before attempting any cleaning or maintenance.
- Ensure that your snack maker has completely cooled down before cleaning. The snack maker will be very hot during and immediately after use.
- Clean the baking plates and outside of the appliance with a damp cloth or soft brush. Do not use anything abrasive that can scratch or damage the appliance.
- Unplug the snack maker from the mains power.
- Allow the appliance to cool down completely.
- Clean and dry the appliance and accessories.
WARNING! Do not wrap the power cord around the appliance.
- Store the appliance in a dry location and out of the reach of children.
Voltage: 220-240V~ 50-60Hz
12 Month Warranty
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair, or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expenses incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.