Asus® 4G-AC68U Wireless-AC1900 LTE Modem Router Quick Start Guide
U12144/ First Edition / February 2017
- 4G-AC68U Wireless Router
- Network cable (RJ-45)
- 2 * 3G/4G antennas
- AC adapter
- Quick Start Guide
NOTE: If any of the items is damaged or missing, contact your retailer.
A quick look at your 4G-AC68U
- Unplug the power cable/DSL modem. If it has a battery backup, remove the battery.
NOTE: If you are using DSL for Internet, you will need your username/password from your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to properly configure the router.
- Connect your modem to the router with the bundled network cable.
- Power on your cable/DSL modem.
- Check your cable/DSL modem LED lights to ensure the connection is active.
Setting up your 4G-AC68U
You can set up your LTE router via wired or wireless connection.
A. Wired Connection:
- Insert your micro SIM card and install the LTE antennas before powering on your router. Connect the network cable from your modem to the blue Ethernet port on your router. Connect another network cable from your computer to the yellow Ethernet port on your router.
- The web GUI launches automatically when you open a web browser. If it does not auto-launch, enter http://router.asus.com
- Set up a password for your router to prevent unauthorized access.
B. Wireless connection
- Insert your Micro SIM card and install the LTE antennas before powering on your router. Connect a network cable from your modem to the blue Ethernet port on your router. Enable the Wi-Fi function on your computer or other devices.
- Connect to the network name(SSID) shown on the product label on the back side of the router. For better network security, change to a unique SSID and assign a password.
- Once connected, the web GUI launches automatically when you open a web browser. If it does not auto-launch, enter http://router.asus.com.
- Set up a password for your router to prevent unauthorized access.
Remembering your wireless router settings
- Remember your wireless settings as you complete the router setup.
- Where can I find more information about the wireless router?
Networks Global Hotline Information
- UK support e-mail: [email protected]
- For more information, visit the ASUS support site at: http://support.asus.com
ASUS Recycling/Takeback Services
ASUS recycling and takeback programs come from our commitment to the highest standards for protecting our environment. We believe in providing solutions for you to be able to responsibly recycle our products, batteries, other components, as well as the packaging materials. Please go to http://csr.asus.com/english/Takeback.htm for the detailed recycling information in different regions.
Complying with the REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation, and Restriction of Chemicals) regulatory framework, we published the chemical substances in our products at ASUS REACH website at http://csr.asus.com/english/REACH.htm
Federal Communications Commission Statement
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference.
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
WARNING! Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Prohibition of Co-location
This device and its antenna(s) must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Radiation Exposure Statement: This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. End users must follow the specific operating instructions for satisfying RF exposure compliance. To maintain compliance with FCC exposure compliance requirement, please follow operation instruction as documented in this manual.
Declaration of Conformity for R&TTE directive 1999/5/EC
Essential requirements – Article 3
Protection requirements for health and safety – Article 3.1a
Testing for electric safety according to EN 60950-1 has been conducted. These are considered relevant and sufficient.
Protection requirements for electromagnetic compatibility – Article 3.1b
Testing for electromagnetic compatibility according to EN 301 489-1 and EN 301 489-17 has been conducted. These are considered relevant and sufficient.
Effective use of the radio spectrum – Article 3.2
Testing for radio test suites according to EN 300 328- 2 has been conducted. These are considered relevant and sufficient.
Declaration of Conformity for Ecodesign directive 2009/125/EC
Testing for eco-design requirements accordin to (EC) No 1275/2008 and (EU) No 801/2013 has been conducted. When the device is in Networked Standby Mode, its I/O and network interface are in sleep mode and may not work properly. To wake up the device, press the WiFi on/off, reset, or WPS button.
CE Mark Warning
This is a Class B product, in a domestic environment, this product may cause radio interference, in which case the user may be required to take adequate measures.Operation Channels: CH1~11 for N. America; Ch1~13 for Japan; CH1~13 for Europe (ETSI) This equipment may be operated in AT, BE, CY, CZ, DK, EE, FI, FR, DE, GR, HU, IE, IT, LU, MT, NL, PL, PT, SK, SL, ES, SE, GB, IS, LI, NO, CH, BG, RO, RT.
Canada, Industry Canada (IC) Notices
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003 and RSS-210. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Radio Frequency (RF) Exposure Information
The radiated output power of the ASUS Wireless Device is below the Industry Canada (IC) radio frequency exposure limits. The ASUS Wireless Device should be used in such a manner such that the potential for human contact during normal operation is minimized.
This device has been evaluated for and shown compliant with the IC Specific Absorption Rate (“SAR”) limits when installed in specific host products operated in portable exposure conditions (antennas are less than 20 centimeters of a person’s body).
This device has been certified for use in Canada. Status of the listing in the Industry Canada’s REL (Radio Equipment List) can be found at the following web address: http://www.ic.gc.ca/app/sitt/reltel/srch/nwRdSrch.do?lang=eng
Additional Canadian information on RF exposure also can be found at the following web: http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf08792.html
Precautions for the use of the device
a. Pay particular attention to the personal safety when use this device in airports, hospitals, gas stations and professional garages.
b. Medical device interference: Maintain a minimum distance of at least 15 cm (6 inches) between implanted medical devices and ASUS products in order to reduce the risk of interference.
c. Kindly use ASUS products in good reception conditions in order to minimize the radiation’s level
d. Keep the device away from pregnant women and the lower abdomen of the teenager.