Quick Start Guide
High-Performance, Active 16-Watt Personal Monitor System
Important Safety Instructions
Terminals marked with this symbol carry electrical current of sufficient magnitude to constitute risk of electric shock. Use only high-quality professional speaker cables with ¼” TS or twist-locking plugs pre-installed. All other installation or modification should be performed only by qualified personnel.
This symbol, wherever it appears, alerts you to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage inside the enclosure – voltage that may be sufficient to constitute a risk of shock.
This symbol, wherever it appears, alerts you to important operating and maintenance instructions in the accompanying literature. Please read the manual.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not remove the top cover (or the rear section). No user-serviceable parts inside. Refer servicing to qualified personnel.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this appliance to rain and moisture. The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing liquids and no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
These service instructions are for use by qualified service personnel only. To reduce the risk of electric shock do not perform any servicing other than that contained in the operation instructions. Repairs have to be performed by qualified service personnel.
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for the replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Use only attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/ apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- The apparatus shall be connected to a MAINS socket outlet with a protective earthing connection.
- Where the MAINS plug or an appliance coupler is used as the disconnect device, the disconnect device shall remain readily operable.
- Correct disposal of this product: This symbol indicates that this product must not be disposed of with household waste, according to the WEEE Directive (2012/19/EU) and your national law. This product should be taken to a collection center licensed for the recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment (EEE). The mishandling of this type of waste could have a possible negative impact on the environment and human health due to potentially hazardous substances that are generally associated with EEE. At the same time, your cooperation in the correct disposal of this product will contribute to the efficient use of natural resources. For more information about where you can take your waste equipment for recycling, please contact your local city office or your household waste collection service.
- Do not install in a confined space, such as a bookcase or similar unit.
- Do not place naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, on the apparatus.
- Please keep the environmental aspects of battery disposal in mind. Batteries must be disposed of at a battery collection point.
- Use this apparatus in tropical and/or moderate climates.
MUSIC Tribe accepts no liability for any loss which may be suffered by any person who relies either wholly on or in part upon any description, photograph, or statement contained herein. Technical specifications, appearances, and other information are subject to change without notice. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. MIDAS, KLARK TEKNIK, LAB GRUPPEN, LAKE, TANNOY, TURBOSOUND, TC ELECTRONIC, TC HELICON, BEHRINGER, BUGERA and COOLAUDIO are trademarks or registered trademarks of MUSIC Tribe Global Brands Ltd. © MUSIC Tribe Global Brands Ltd. 2018 All rights reserved.
For the applicable warranty terms and conditions and additional information regarding MUSIC Tribe’s Limited Warranty, please see complete details online at musictri.be/warranty.
MONITOR SPEAKERS MS16 Controls
- MICROPHONE INPUT
(¼ ” TRS). This connector allows you to connect your dynamic microphone.
- Turn the MIC LEVEL control to adjust the volume of your microphone.
- BASS control.
- TREBLE control.
- Turn the VOLUME control to adjust the volume level of the devices connected to your MS16.
- Connect your headphones via the PHONES output (1/8″ TRS) to monitor any of the input devices.
- The POWER switch turns the unit on or off .
- The POWER LED lights up when power is switched on.
- INPUT 1 (1/8″ TRS) allows you to connect audio equipment such as CD/MD players.
- Use INPUT 2 (RCA) to connect your soundcard, keyboard or expander.
- SPEAKER TO LEFT connector. Connect both speakers by using the speaker cable included in this package.
- SPEAKER FROM RIGHT connector. Insert the speaker cable from the SPEAKER TOLEFT connector.
- AC POWER input.
- SERIAL NUMBER.
|1⁄8″ TRS stereo, input level -10 dBm, 10 kΩ
|2 2 RCA stereo, input level -10 dBm, 10 kΩ
|¼” TRS, input level -50 dBm, 50 Ω
|System Specifi cations
|2 x 8 Watts
|80 Hz to 20 kHz
|120 V~, 60 Hz
|230 V~, 50 Hz
|100 V~, 50 – 60 Hz
|General export model
|120/230 V~, 50 – 60 Hz
|0.14 x 0.28 x 0.33 A / 230 x 120 x 100 V
|Dimensions (H x W x D)
|9 ½ x 5 ½ x 5 9⁄10 ” / 241 x 140 x 150 x mm
|8.8 lbs / 4 kg
BEHRINGER is constantly striving to maintain the highest professional standards. As a result of these efforts, modifications may be made from time to time to existing products without prior notice. Specifications and appearance may differ from those listed or illustrated.
Other important information
- Register online. Please register your new MUSIC Tribe equipment right after you purchase it by visiting Behringer. com. Registering your purchase using our simple online form helps us to process your repair claims more quickly and efficiently. Also, read the terms and conditions of our warranty, if applicable.
- Malfunction. Should your MUSIC Tribe Authorized Reseller not be located in your vicinity, you may contact the MUSIC Tribe Authorized Fulfiller for your country listed under “Support” at Behringer. com. Should your country not be listed, please check if your problem can be dealt with by our “Online Support” which may also be found under “Support” at Behringer. com. Alternatively, please submit an online warranty claim at Behringer. com BEFORE returning the product.
- Power Connections. Before plugging the unit into a power socket, please make sure you are using the correct mains voltage for your particular model. Faulty fuses must be replaced with fuses of the same type and rating without exception.
We Hear You