Bissell® POWEREDGE™ LIFT-OFF® STEAM MOP
Important Safety Instructions
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING YOUR STEAM MOP.
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the following:
Always connect to a polarized outlet (left slot is wider than right). Unplug from outlet when not in use and before conducting maintenance.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
- This appliance can be used by children 8 years old and above, and persons with reduced physical, sensory and mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- If the cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Always turn off this appliance before connecting or disconnecting the nozzle. Do not direct steam at people, animals, or at electrical outlets.
- Do not expose to rain.
- Store indoors.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before conducting maintenance or troubleshooting.
- Do not leave steam cleaner unattended.
- Do not expose hair, loose clothing, fingers or body parts to openings or moving parts.
- Do not service steam cleaner when it is plugged in.
- Do not handle steam cleaner with wet hands.
- Do not use steam cleaner if it has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
- Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close door on cord, pull cord around sharp corners or edges, or expose cord to heated surfaces.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord.
- Do not use appliance in an enclosed space filled with vapor given off by oil-base paint, paint thinner, some moth proofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapors.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy.
- Do not use on leather, wax polished furniture or floors, synthetic fabrics, velvet or other delicate, steam-sensitive materials.
- Do not immerse in water or liquid.
- Not for space heating purposes.
- Do not use for any purpose other than described in this User’s Guide.
- Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments – use of attachments not provided or sold by BISSELL may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
- Never put descaling, aromatic, alcoholic, detergent or vinegar products into the steam cleaner, as this may damage it or make it unsafe for use.
- Unplug by grasping the plug, not the cord.
- Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE USE
This model is for household use only. Commercial use of this unit voids the manufacturer’s warranty.
THIS APPLIANCE HAS A POLARIZED PLUG
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install a proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
Thanks for buying a BISSELL PowerEdge™ Lift-Off® Steam Mop
We love to clean and we’re excited to share one of our innovative products with you. We want to make sure your steam mop works as well in two years as it does today, so this guide has tips on how to use (pages 5-8), maintain (page 9), and if there is a problem, troubleshoot (page 10).
Your steam mop needs a little assembly before you can put it to work, so flip to page 5 and let’s get started!
What’s In The Box?
NOTE: Standard accessories may vary by model. To identify what should be included with your purchase, please refer to the “Carton Contents” list located on the carton top flap.
Get to Know Your PowerEdge™ Lift-Off®
- Ready Light
- Pod Handle
- Handheld Steam Trigger
- Handheld Steamer Release Button
- Triangle Mop Foot
- Steam Trigger
- Upper Cord Wrap
- Lower Cord Wrap
- Button to Remove Handle
- Water Tank Release Button
- Easy Fill Water Tank
Do not plug in your PowerEdge™ Lift-Off® Steam Mop until you are familiar with all instructions and operating procedures.
Your BISSELL PowerEdge™ Lift-Off® Steam Mop comes in three easy to assemble components and does not require any tools to assemble:
- Triangle Mop Foot
- Attach lower body to mop pad foot by snapping it into place.
- Then, insert handle into body of unit until you hear a click.
- Wrap the cord around the Upper and Lower Cord Wrap.
Filling Your Water Tank
Never put descaling, alcoholic, vinegar, or detergent products into the steam cleaner, as this may damage it or make it unsafe for use.
- The Easy Fill Water Tank is located on the back of the machine.
- Push button on top of the water tank and lift out to remove.
- To fill the water tank, remove grey rubber nozzle on the back of the water tank.
- Fill water tank with distilled or demineralized water, recommended in place of tap water. Place the nozzle back into the water tank after filling and return tank to machine.
A few notes about filling the Water Tank:
- The Water Tank’s capacity is 300 mL (10 oz). DO NOT USE CHEMICALS IN THE WATER TANK OF YOUR POWEREDGE™ LIFT-OFF® STEAM MOP.
TIP: Use of distilled water or demineralized water is recommended to prolong the life of your hard floor cleaner.
Cleaning Your Hard Floors
NOTE: Before you clean, thoroughly sweep or vacuum floor prior to cleaning with your PowerEdge™ Lift-Off® Steam Mop. Your hard floor cleaner is designed to clean hard flooring, such as ceramic tile, marble, stone and sealed hard wood floors. Use on waxed or some unwaxed floors may result in a diminished glossiness. The hard floor cleaner is not for use on unsealed wood floors. For best results, test in an inconspicuous area and check the care instructions from your flooring manufacturer.
- Attach mop pad by wrapping around bottom of foot, making sure gray stitching is located on the front of foot and the Quick Grip Release Tab is located on the back.
- Plug machine into an outlet.
- When the machine is plugged in, the READY light will start to blink. The READY light will turn to a solid light when the machine is ready to use.
- Step on the back of the foot to recline the body of machine to begin cleaning.
- Push the trigger on the handle to release steam.
- To be sure to sanitize an area of your floor, use the microfiber cloth pad and slowly and evenly stroke your steam mop back and forth at least three times over the area using continuous steam. For best results, remove the pad and wash after use.
- For optimum corner cleaning, perform two cleaning strokes along each wall towards the corner to be cleaned.
When done cleaning, unplug the machine.
NOTE: Upon the first use of your steam mop or first use after refilling the water tank, the pump may make a “knocking” sound. This is normal and will diminish after a few seconds.
NOTE: The steam mop generates hot steam, so move the unit continuously when depressing the trigger as damage to flooring can occur. The trigger does not need to be depressed at all times.
Using the Handheld Steamer
CAUTION: Before connecting or disconnecting a tool from the steam cleaner, make certain that steam is no longer coming from the nozzle. Rotate the unit slowly upward to a vertical position to allow any excess steam to release prior to attaching a tool.
- When changing from mopping to the handheld feature, wait 10 seconds for steam to cool down.
- Push the release button located on the bottom of the body of the unit and lift up to detach from foot.
- To remove the handle from the machine, push the button located above the clean water tank and lift up the handle.
- Push the trigger on the handheld steamer to release steam.
- Your PowerEdge™ Lift-Off® Steam Mop may have come with tools to attach to the pod.
- Connect desired tool to end of the pod based on your cleaning needs.
- Use the Grout Tool to remove dirt and grime from grout.
Use the Bristle Brush to clean around your sinks, countertops, showers, etc.
- When done cleaning, unplug the machine.
- Insert foot back into body of the machine until it snaps in place. If you removed the handle, insert handle back into body of machine until it snaps into place.
Maintenance: Cleaning Your Steam Mop
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock or injury, disconnect plug from electrical outlet before performing maintenance or troubleshooting.
- Unplug the machine from the outlet.
- Carefully remove mop pad using the Quick Grip Release Tab from the mop head.
NOTE: Mop pad and lower assembly may be hot.
- Mop pads can be machine washed in warm water. Use only liquid detergents. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. For best results, air dry.
- Wrap cord around Upper and Lower Cord Wrap on the back of the steam mop and wipe all surfaces of the machine with a soft cloth.
- Store upright in a protected, dry area. Store with dry pads as wet mop pads may damage wood and other delicate hard floors.
NOTICE: Since this product uses water, it must not be stored where there is danger of freezing. Freezing will damage internal components and may void the warranty.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, disconnect plug from electrical outlet before performing maintenance or troubleshooting checks.
If your BISSELL product should require service:
Contact BISSELL Consumer Care to locate a BISSELL Authorized Service Center in your area.
If you need information about repairs or replacement parts, or if you have questions about your warranty, contact BISSELL Consumer Care.
BISSELL Consumer Care
Monday – Friday 8am – 10pm ET
Saturday 9am – 8pm ET
Sunday 10am – 7pm ET
Please do not return this product to the store.
Other maintenance or service not included in the manual should be performed by an authorized service representative.
For any questions or concerns, BISSELL is happy to be of service.
Contact us directly at 1-800-237-7691.
Parts and Supplies
For Parts and Supplies, go to BISSELL.com and enter your model number in the search field.