Bissell 76R9 Series Powerforce Powerbrush User’s Guide
Thanks for buying a BISSELL deep cleaner
We’re glad you purchased a BISSELL deep cleaner. Everything we know about floor care went into the design and construction of this complete, high-tech home cleaning system. By purchasing this product you are helping BISSELL with our commitment to reducing our impact on the environment through an expanding range of sustainable design efforts.
Your deep cleaner is well made, and we back it with a limited one-year warranty. We also stand behind it with a knowledgeable, dedicated Consumer Services department, so, should you ever have a problem, you’ll receive fast, considerate assistance.
My great-grandfather invented the floor sweeper in 1876. Today, BISSELL is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and service of high quality homecare products like your deep cleaner. Thanks again, from all of us at BISSELL.
Mark J. Bissell
Chairman, President & CEO
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using your deep cleaner
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury:
- do not immerse.
- use only on surfaces moistened by cleaning process.
- always connect to a properly grounded outlet. see grounding instructions.
- unplug from outlet when not in use and before conducting maintenance or troubleshooting.
- do not leave machine when it is plugged in.
- do not service machine when it is plugged in.
- do not use with damaged cord or plug.
- if appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, have it repaired at an authorized service center.
- do not expose to rain. store indoors.
- do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close door on cord, pull cord around sharp corners or edges, run appliance over cord, or expose cord to heated surfaces.
- do not carry the appliance while in use.
- do not unplug by pulling on cord. unplug by grasping the plug, not the cord.
- do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
- do not put any object into appliance openings, use with blocked opening, or restrict air flow.
- do not expose hair, loose clothing, fingers or body parts to openings or moving parts.
- do not pick up hot or burning objects.
- do not pick up flammable or combustible materials (lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, etc.) or use in the presence of explosive liquids or vapor.
- do not use appliance in an enclosed space filled with vapors given off by oil base paint, paint thinner, some moth proofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapors.
- do not pick up toxic material (chlorine bleach, ammonia, drain cleaner, gasoline, etc.).
- do not modify the 3-prong grounded plug.
- do not allow to be used as a toy.
- do not use for any purpose other than described in this user’s guide.
- use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
- use only cleaning products formulated by bissell for use in this appliance to prevent internal component damage. see the cleaning fluid section of this guide.
- Keep openings free of dust, lint, hair, etc.
- close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Keep appliance on a level surface.
- turn off all controls before unplugging.
- be extra careful when cleaning stairs.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This model is for household use only. commercial use of this unit voids the manufacturer’s warranty.
This appliance must be connected to a grounded wiring system. if it should malfunction or break down, grounding provides a safe path of least resistance for electrical current, reducing the risk of electrical shock. the cord for this appliance has an equipment-grounding conductor and a grounding plug. it must only be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in a risk of electrical shock. check with a qualified electrician or service person if you aren’t sure if the outlet is properly grounded. do not modify the Plug. if it will not fit the outlet, have a proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician. this appliance is designed for use on a nominal 120-volt circuit, and has a grounding attachment plug that looks like the plug in the drawing above. make certain that the appliance is connected to an outlet having the same configuration as the plug. no plug adapter should be used with this appliance.
To reduce the risk of fire and electric shock due to internal component damage, use only BISSELL cleaning fluids intended for use with the deep cleaner. Non-BISSELL cleaning solutions may harm the machine and void the warranty.
Keep plenty of genuine bissell 2X formula on hand so you can clean and protect whenever it fits your schedule. always use genuine bissell deep cleaning formulas. non-bissell cleaning solutions may harm the machine and will void the warranty.
- slide upper body onto lower body.
- secure with screws.
- slide handle assembly into upper body, until it will not go any further. (screw hole should be facing the back of the unit before sliding it into place)
- secure with screw.
- Place solution tank on back of unit.
Before you clean
- move furniture to another area if cleaning an entire room. (optional)
- Vacuum carpet thoroughly.
- Plan your cleaning route to leave an exit path. it is best to begin cleaning in the corner farthest from your exit.
Pre-treat stubborn stains and highly soiled carpet in hallways and other high-traffic areas.
- generously spray bissell tough stain pre-cleaner evenly over soiled area.
Caution: DO NOT OVERWET CARPET
- Wait 3-5 minutes before deep cleaning.
Fill the tank
- Remove the solution tank by lifting it straight up, then away from the lower body.
- unscrew the black cap at the bottom of the solution tank.
- fill to the formula line with bissell 2X formula. fill the rest of the tank with hot (not boiling) tap water to the water fill line. Replace and tighten the black cap.
- Place solution tank on lower body.
To reduce the risk of fire, use only BISSELL advanced deep cleaning formula for full size machines in your deep cleaner. Use of cleaning formulas that contain lemon or pine oil may damage this appliance and void the warranty. Chemical spot cleaners or solvent-based soil removers should not be used. These products may react with the plastic materials used in your deep cleaner causing cracking or pitting.
- Plug into proper outlet.
- With your foot, press the red power switch (located on the back of unit) on .
- With foot, press the grey detent lever (located on the back of unit).
- cleaning strokes. While pressing the trigger, make one slow forward wet pass and another one back.
Caution: Do not overwet.
- to suction up water, repeat motion over the same area without pressing the trigger.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until no more dirt can be removed.
- empty the collection tank when dirty water reaches the full line, or when the solution tank is empty.
Tip: deep cleaning spots, spills and high traffic areas on a regular basis can prolong carpet life.
Empty the collection tank
- turn power switch off and unplug power cord from outlet.
- Remove and empty collection tank.
- 2a. Release collection tank latches (on each side) by pulling up from bottom of latch and then out.
- 2b. carefully remove collection tank from lower body by lifting handle.
- 2c. carry collection tank to a toilet or sink. to empty, pour out contents using opening at back of tank.
- 2d. Rinse collection tank thoroughly.
- 2e. Remove lint and hair from red gasket in base of unit. (do not remove gasket)
- clean nozzle window by lifting latch and removing from machine. Rinse under running water. When finished replace nozzle and secure with latch. NOTE: For best results, it is recommended that the nozzle is cleaned after each use.
- Replace collection tank on lower body and secure with latches.
Hard floor cleaning
(included on select models only)
- Remove the collection tank (refer to steps 2a and b in the “empty the collection tank” section on page 6)
- attach the hard floor tool by hooking it into the front of the removable nozzle and swinging it down until the tabs pop into place.
- Replace the collection tank. be sure to attach the two latches.
- fill solution tank with bissell 2X hard floor solutions ™ to formula fill line. fill the rest of the tank with hot (not boiling) tap water to the Water fill line. Replace and tighten the black cap.
- follow steps 1-7 under “carpet cleaning” on page 6 to continue cleaning.
to reduce the risk of fire and electric shock- when cleaning a hard floor, the bissell hard floor tool (203-5639) must be used and it must only be used with bissell 2X hard floor solutions cleaning fluid intended for use with this appliance.
Maintenance and care
- Wrap power cord around Quick Release cord Wrap ™ on side of the machine.
- Wipe all surfaces with a soft cloth. store cleaner upright in a protected, dry area.
NOTE: You may have cleaning solution remaining in the solution tank. You may store your machine this way for the next cleaning task, but never keep dirty water in the collection tank.
To reduce the risk of injury from moving parts and/or electrical shock, turn power switch OFF and disconnect plug from electrical outlet before performing maintenance or troubleshooting checks.
To install the replacement brush belt
Do not store unit where freezing may occur. Damage to internal components may result.
- turn the machine off and unplug from wall outlet.
- Remove solution and collection tanks.
- lie machine down to access the bottom of the machine.
- With a Phillips head screwdriver, unscrew the brush cover and remove.
- Remove the brush end cap and remove belt from brush.
- brush can now be removed.
- belt can be removed by sliding off the motor pulley.
- clean or replace belt. attach belt to motor pulley and brush, insert brush into right side end cap.
- Reattach the left end cap and slide brush back into place.
- Replace the brush cover and screw into place.
Other Maintenance or Service not included above should be performed by an authorized service representative.
Thank you for selecting a BISSELL product.
Please do not return this product to the store
For any questions or concerns, BISSELL is happy to be of service.
Contact us directly at 1-800-237-7691.
Replacement parts – BISSELL Powerforce ® PowerBrush
Warranty – BISSELL Powerforce ® PowerBrush
this warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state. if you need additional instruction regarding this warranty or have questions regarding what it may cover, please contact bissell consumer services by e-mail, telephone, or regular mail as described below.
Limited One Year Warranty
Subject to the *exceptions and exclusions identified below, upon receipt of the product bissell homecare, inc. will repair or replace (with new or remanufactured components or products), at bissell’s option, free of charge from the date of purchase by the original purchaser, for one year any defective or malfunctioning part.
See information below on “if your bissell product should require service”.
This warranty applies to product used for personal, and not commercial or rental service. this warranty does not apply to fans or routine maintenance components such as filters, belts, or brushes. damage or malfunction caused by negligence, abuse, neglect, unauthorized repair, or any other use not in accordance with the user’s guide is not covered.
If your BISSELL product should require service:
Contact bissell consumer services to locate a bissell authorized service center in your area.
If you need information about repairs or replacement parts, or if you have questions about your warranty, contact bissell consumer services.
Website or E-mail:
bissell consumer services
monday – friday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. et
saturday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. et
bissell homecare, inc.
Po box 3606
grand Rapids mi 49501
attn: consumer services
Bissell homecare, Inc. is not liable for incidental or consequential damages of any nature associated With the use of this Product. Bissell’s liability Will not exceed the Purchase Priced of the Product.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
*EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS FROM THE TERMS OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY
this Warranty is exclusive and in lieu of any other Warranties either oral or Written. any implied Warranties Which may arise by operation of law, including the implied Warranties of merchantability and fitness for a Particular Purpose, are limited to the one year duration from the date of Purchase as described above.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
NOTE: PLEASE KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT, IT IS YOUR WARRANTY.
Don’t forget to register your product!
Registering is quick, easy and offers you benefits over the lifetime of your product. you’ll receive:
BISSELL Rewards Points
automatically earn points for discounts and free shipping on future purchases.
supplying your information now saves you time should you need to contact us with questions regarding your product.
Product Support Reminders and Alerts
We’ll contact you with any important product maintenance reminders and alerts.
optional: Register your email to receive notice of offers, contests, cleaning tips and more!
Visit www.bissell.com/registration now!
BISSELL consumer services
For information about repairs or replacement parts, or questions about your warranty, call:
BISSELL Consumer Services 1-800-237-7691
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. — 10 p.m. ET
Saturday 9 a.m. — 8 p.m. ET
BISSELL Homecare, Inc.
PO Box 3606
Grand Rapids MI 49501
ATTN: Consumer Services
Or visit the BISSELL website – www.bissell.com
When contacting BISSELL, have model number of cleaner available.
Please record your Model Number: ___________________
Please record your Purchase Date: ___________________
NOTE: Please keep your original sales receipt. It provides proof of purchase date in the event of a warranty claim. See Warranty on page 11 for details.
©2011 bissell homecare, inc
grand Rapids, michigan
all rights reserved. Printed in china
Part number 120-4321
Visit our website at:
Scotchgard is a trademark of 3m