BLAUPUNKT Steam station Iron
- To achieve the utmost in enjoyment and performance, and in order to become familiar with its features, please read this manual carefully before attempting to operate this product.
- Before using this device read the instruction manual and follow the instructions inside. The manufacturer is not liable for any damages caused by the misuse of this device due to inappropriate handling. Please keep this manual for future reference.
- This device is for domestic use only. Do not use for any other purposes.
- The device should only be connected to an earthed socket with values corresponding to the values on the rating label.
- It is necessary to check, if total current consumption of all devices plugged into the wall outlet does not exceed the fuse in the circuit.
- If you are using an extension cord, make sure that the total power consumption of the equipment plugged into the extension cord does not exceed the extension cord power rating. Extension cords should be arranged in such a way as to avoid tripping hazards. Make sure the cable is grounded, 3-cores with a socket and an earth cable.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of counter, or touch any hot surface.
- The device is not designed to be controlled via an external timer, separate remote control, or other equipment that can turn the device on automatically.
- Before maintenance work always disconnect the unit from the power supply.
- When unplugging the power cord from electrical outlet, hold it by the plug only and remove the plug carefully. Never pull the cable as it may cause damage to the plug or power cord. Damage to the power cord or plug can lead to an electrocution hazard.
- Never leave the product connected to the power source without supervision.
- Never put the power cable, the plug or the whole device into the water or any other liquids.
- The device should be cleaned regularly complying with the recommendations described in the section on cleaning and maintenance.
- Do not place the device near sources of heat, flame, an electric heating element or a hot oven. Do not place on any other device.
- This equipment can be used by children aged 8 years and over as long as supervision is provided. People with reduced physical or mental capabilities, as well as people with no previous experience of using this equipment must be supervised and made aware of the risks. The instruction manual should be used as a reference for the safe use of this equipment. Children should not play with the equipment. Children without ensured supervision should not be allowed to perform the cleaning and maintenance of equipment. Additional precautions should be taken when using this device in the presence of children or pets.
- Do not allow children to play with the device.
- Never use the product close to combustibles.
- Never expose the product to atmospheric conditions such as direct sun light or rain, etc…
- Never use the product in humid conditions (like bathroom or camping house).
- The power cable should be periodically checked for damage. If the power cable is damaged the product should be taken to a professional service location to be fixed or replaced to prevent any hazards from arising.
- Never use the product with a damaged power cable or if it was dropped or damaged in any other way or if it does not work properly. Do not try to repair the defected product by yourself as it can lead to electric shock. Always return the damaged device to a professional service in order to repair it. All the repairs should only be performed by authorized service professionals. Any attempted unauthorised repairs performed can be a hazard to the user.
- Only Original accessories should be used, as well as accessories recommended by the manufacturer. Using accessories which are not recommended by the manufacturer may result in damage of the device and may render the device unsafe for use.
- The tank can only be filled with water. The steam station has a built-in anti-scale filter and is adapted to the use of tap water. It is advised that demineralized water be used. Do not add any substances such as perfume, starch, vinegar, or descaling agents to the water.
- If the steam station will not be used for a long time, empty the water tank.
- The iron should be placed on the base unit.
- Do not iron fabrics which are not intended for ironing, e.g. synthetic fabrics (elastane, spandex, etc.) printing on clothing.
- Hot steam comes out of the iron. Special care must be taken while ironing and smoothing fabrics. Do not iron clothes whilst on a person.
- The soleplate cools down very slowly. Until the steam station completely cools down, store it in a safe place which prevents accidental touching and out of reach of children.
- Control Panel
1a. DRY TANK – Information about the empty water tank (see FILLING THE WATER TANK)
1b. The “greater-steam-flow” icon
1c. The “ECO steam flow” icon
1d. Control lamp – information about thermostat operation. When the light flashes, the steam station heats up. When it is on continuously, the steam station is ready for ironing.
1f. Set – steam-flow-intensity selection button (intensive / Eco)
1g. Service button (iron cleaning)
1h. Sleep-mode icon
- Steam-burst button
- Steam hose
- Iron stand
- Water tank
- Water inlet
- Steam-hose bands
BEFORE FIRST USE
Remove all papers, cartons, and foils protecting the appliance and its parts.
The iron may emit a delicate smoke and smell the first time it is used. It is recommended to warm up the iron before ironing and use it on an old fabric few times.
FILLING THE WATER TANK
Make sure that the steam station is disconnected from the power supply before filling the tank. Open the water-inlet cap and fill the tank through the inlet with the beaker.
Do not exceed the maximum level (1.6 l)
After filling the water tank, connect the steam station to the power source. Turn off the steam station by pressing the button (1e). Set the required steam intensity by pressing the steam-intensity button (SET – 1f ). The chosen setting will be presented by a highlighted symbol within the control panel. When the steam-readiness lamp (1d) stops blinking and lights permanently, the ironing can start. Press the steam-release button to release the steam from the iron.
The no-water indicator light will come on after 30 seconds, when there is no water in the tank. Water must be poured into the tank through the water inlet.
When the ironing is finished, turn off the steam station by pressing the power button for 3 seconds (1e).
SWITCHING OFF THE STEAM STATION
To switch off the steam station, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. Any icons and indicator lamps will go out. Then disconnect the steam station from the power source.
THE ADDITIONAL STEAM-EMISSION FUNCTION
If increased steam emission is required, press the steam-release button twice. The iron will release the increased amount of steam and then return to a constant level of steam generation.
THE AUTOMATIC SHUT-OFF FUNCTION
The iron automatically switches off when it remains still for 10 minutes. The indicator light and the sleep-mode icon will flash, and the steam station will emit a sound signal.
Press the steam button to continue ironing. Wait for the indicator light to begin glowing continuously before ironing.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Never immerse the iron or the steam station in water. Make sure that the iron and the station have cooled down. Wipe the body of the iron and the station with a slightly damp cloth, then wipe until they are dry. The soleplate should be wiped with a soft cloth.
The iron’s cleaning mode should be activated periodically, every 1-3 months, depending on the hardness of the water. The water from the tank will be transferred through the steam ducts of the iron at elevated temperatures. To do this, place the steam station near a sink. Fill the water tank. Connect the steam station to a power source. Start the steam station, wait until it heats up (the control lamp will be on continuously). Place the iron over the sink. Start the iron-cleaning mode by holding down the service button (1g) for 3 seconds. Hot water with steam will start flowing through the iron. When the operation is complete, the iron will produce a sound signal and the cleaning icon will go out.
NOTE: the water flowing out of the iron is very hot. Use extreme caution.
Device is compliant with EU directives:
- Low voltage directive (LVD)
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) Device marked CE mark on rating label
When this crossed-out wheeled bin symbol is attached to a product it means that the product is covered by the European Directive 2012/19/EU. Please inform yourself about the local separate collection system for electrical and electronic products. Used appliance should be delivered to the dedicated collecting points due to hazardous components, which may affect the environment. Do not dispose this appliance In the common waste bin.
All unnecessary packaging has been omitted. We have tried to make the packaging easy to separate into three materials: cardboard (box), polystyrene foam (buffer) and poly ethylene (bags, protective foam sheet). Your system consists of material which can be recycled and reused if disassembled by a specialized company. Please observe the local regulations regarding the disposal of packaging materials, exhausted batteries and old equipment.
Your products is designed a manufactured with high quality materials and components, which can be recycled and reused.