4K Action Camera with WiFi
Record & Share The Action!
CHOKING HAZARD-Small parts.
Not for children under 3 years.
This product is a high-definition digital motion video recording device tailored to market demand. It has a variety of industry-leading features including video recording, photo shooting, audio recording, video display, and rechargeable battery, which makes it perfect for vehicle data recording, photo-shooting, outdoor sports, deep-water probing.
About this Instruction Manual
Please read the safety instructions and the operating instructions carefully before use. Keep these instructions for renewed use at a later date. When the device is sold or given to someone else, the instruction manual must be provided to the new owner/user of the product.
Read these safety instructions before using your device and store them for possible future reference. This product is intended only for private use. It was developed as an electronic medium for the use of multimedia services.
Important Safety Instructions
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Store the device in cool, dry and dust-proof places.
- Do not use this apparatus near water unless the unit is securely enclosed in the waterproof housing.
- Clean only with dry cloth.
- Never touch the lens surface with your fingers.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Never point the camera lens directly at the Sun. Doing so may damage the image sensor.
- Do not place or store the device near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for the replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- The charging cord should always be readily accessible.
- While it is charging, keep the product and the power cord out of the reach of children to prevent accidental suffocation or electric shock.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- In case of overheating, smoke, or unpleasant smell in the process of charging, unplug your device immediately to prevent a fire.
- If the charging cord is damaged, have it repaired by the manufacturer, its service, or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid any hazard.
- Replacing the battery incorrectly or with a battery that is not the same type or its equivalent could result in an explosion.
- The battery should not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunlight, fire, or any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- The battery must be installed according to the polarity.
- The battery must be disposed of safely. Always use the collection bins provided (check with your dealer) to protect the environment.
- Non-rechargeable batteries are not to be recharged.
- Rechargeable batteries must be removed from the unit before being charged, and should only be charged under adult supervision.
- Do not short-circuit the supply terminals.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- Do not expose the unit to strong magnetic objects or strong radio waves. Strong magnetic fields may cause product malfunctions or damage to images and sounds.
- If the unit has not been operated in a long time, check whether the camera operates normally or not before using the camera again.
- Always backup or download any data from any memory card before reusing. It is recommended that you test any memory card to make sure it is properly storing the data before any imaging session.
- Please choose branded Micro SD card. Neutral cards are not guaranteed to work normally.
- Do not place Micro SD cards near strong magnetic objects to avoid data loss.
- Risk of choking! — Keep packaging material, like plastic bags and rubber bands, out of the reach of children, as these materials pose a choking hazard. This product contains small parts that could be swallowed by children.
- Leaking battery acid can lead to chemical burns! Avoid contact of battery acid with skin, eyes, and mucous membranes. In the event of contact, rinse the affected region immediately with plenty of water and seek medical attention.
- Risk of electric shock! — Never bend, pinch or pull the power and connecting cables, extensions, and adapters. Protect the cables from sharp edges and heat. Before operating, check the device, cables, and connections for damage. Never use a damaged unit or a unit with damaged power cables. Damaged parts must be exchanged immediately by an authorized service center.
- Risk of property damage! — Do not disassemble the device. In the event of a defect, please contact your dealer. The dealer will contact the Service Centre and can send the device in to be repaired, if necessary.
- Do not expose the device to high temperatures! Use only the supplied power adapter. Do not short-circuit the device or throw it into a fire. Excessive heat or improper handling could trigger a short circuit, a fire, or an explosion.
- Do not interrupt an ongoing data connection to a computer before all data has been transferred! This could lead to data loss for which the manufacturer is not liable.
Notes on Cleaning
Turn off the camera. Clean the eyepieces and/or lenses only with a soft, lint-free cloth, (e.g. microfibre cloth). To avoid scratching the lenses, use only gentle pressure with the cleaning cloth. Only use a dry cloth to clean the exterior of the device. To avoid damaging the electronics, do not use any cleaning fluid. Clean the protective case after each use with clear, clean water and dry it thoroughly.
Dispose of the packaging materials properly, according to their types, such as paper or cardboard. Contact your local waste disposal service or environmental authority for information on the proper disposal.
The integrated battery must only be removed for disposal. Opening the device housing can damage the unit. Drain the battery completely before disposal. Remove all the screws in the housing and open the device housing. Remove the connections to the battery and remove it. Cover the open contacts with tape and package the battery in such a way that it cannot shift in the packaging.
CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3(B)
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s).
Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
FCC ID: 2ADRX88-83005
CAUTION: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
– Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
– Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
– Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
– Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
|01 4K Camera
02 Waterproof Case
03 Flat Adhesive Mounts
04 Handle Bar/Pole Mount
05 Frame Housing Mount
07 Long Thumb Screw
|08 Quick Release Buckle
09 Pivot Mounts
10 Short Thumb Screw
11 USB Cable
13 Selfie Stick
14 MicroFlash Card and Adapter
- A waterproof casing that allows you to film fascinating water sports; waterproof up to 30 meters underwater
- 2 in (50.8mm) screen that displays and replays fascinating videos recorded.
- Support storage cards up to 64GB maximum.
- WiFi latest remote control technology, smart device application can control camera and download videos and photos.
- Multiple video recording formats: 4K/2.7K/1080P/720P
- HD 20M 140° wide-angle lens.
- Inserting MicroFlash card
Note: For best performance, please choose a branded MicroFlash card and format it on your computer before use. No-name cards are not guaranteed to work flawlessly.
Insert a MicroFlash card with the label facing the screen.
Use brand name memory cards that meet these requirements:
a) microSD, microSDHC
b) Class 10 speed rating
c) Micro Flashcard up to 64GB
A. Connected computer or power adapter via USB cable for charging.
B. Charging of the action camera can be done even when it’s powered off.
C. When charging, the red indicator light long bright, fully charged, the red light goes out.
- Turning camera on and off
Press and hold the power switch for three to five seconds to turn the camera on or off.
- Mode Switching
A. Press the [Power On-Off/mode] button [ ] repeatedly to cycle through the camera modes.
Camera mode Description Video recording mode Video recording/Slow motion Photo shooting mode Self-timer/Photo taken Playback mode Fast view/Delete file Settings Adjust all camera settings
- How to record videos and configure recording setting
5.1. Video Recording
Turn the camera on. You will start with the video recording mode. Insert a MicroFlash card and start recording by pressing “OK”. Press “OK” again if you want to stop the recording.
5.2. Photo shooting
Switch to photo shooting mode by pressing [ ]. Press ”OK” to take photos.
5.3 Slow Motion
1. From the menu, open video settings. 2. Select the slow-motion option. 3. When the slow-motion screen appears, select the “720P 120” or “1080P 60” option. The camera will now take video at 120 or 60 frames per second and play it back at 30 frames per second. 4. To turn off slow motion, go back to the slow-motion screen and select “Off”.
1. Verify the camera is in the playback menu. 2. Press the “UP” or “DOWN” button to select a file.
3. Press the “OK” button to play the selected video. 4. Press the “UP” button, a prompt appears asking, “Delete this file?”. You can delete files here.
Switch to the setting mode by pressing [ ]. There will be an icon in the bottom right corner.
Press the “OK,” “UP,” or “DOWN” button to set.
5.6. File Storage and Playback
The USB cable is for charging the camera only.
Take the MicroFlash card out of the camera and access the images on a computer with a card reader for playback and storage.
- Connecting to WiFi
To connect the camera to an Android or Apple iOS smart device follow these steps:
1. Download the Live DV app from the application store on your smart device and install it.
2. Turn on the camera and press the WiFi button on the side of the device. The WiFi logo will appear on the screen.
3. Using your smart device’s WiFi settings, locate the camera’s WiFi connection. It will appear as SSID: Live DV followed by the camera’s serial number. The default password is 12345678.
4. Once connected, the Live DV app can be used to view images in real-time. It can also be used to control the camera’s video functions, take photos and download content directly to your device.
Please Note Instructions for viewing and saving videos on mobile phones.
Video on the Live DV app can be saved directly to your phone.
Is the WiFi signal not stable?
WiFi signal susceptible to interference, make sure the phone is not held too far away from the camera to prevent loss of signal.
Unable to connect to WiFi?
First, make sure your smart device’s WiFi is turned on. Press the power button on the camera and press the WiFi button on the side of the device. The WiFi logo will appear on the screen. If no connection, it is recommended to power off and power on both the camera and your smart device and repeat the steps. Also, check for any app updates.
How to Open and Close the Waterproof Case
How to Open:
Press and hold down the switch (1) and then use the arrow (2) to open the clamp (3).
How to Close:
Press the case door all the way down (1) and then snap the clamp to the hinge (2).
Now, simply press the clampdown (3) to close.
Base Mount Example
Helmet Mount Example
Pole/Bicycle Mount Example
Selfie Stick Example
|2.0 (50.8 mm) inch display
|140° wide angle
|Up to 30 m (100 ft)
|English/Traditional Chinese/Simplified Chinese/Russian/Portuguese/Spanish/ Japanese/Greek/German/French/ Polish/Italian
|Resolution of photos
|20 M(by interpolation)
16 M(by interpolation)
12 M(by interpolation)
|Resolution of videos
|4K @ 30FPS (by interpolation) 2.7K @ 30FPS (by interpolation) 1080p @ 60FPS
1080p @ 30FPS
720p @ 120FPS
720p @ 60FPS
|Video compression format
|Micro Flashcard up to 64 GB
Burst Photo(Off/3 Photos/5 Photos)
|Frequency of optical source
|DC 5 V 1 A
|Li-ion 3.7V 750 mAh
|About 45 minutes (at 1080p)
|About 3-4 hours
|2.33 x 1.62 x 1.19 in. (59.3 x 41.1 x 30.2 mm)
Note: Specifications could be subject to change due to upgrading or updating.
Please regard the actual product as the standard.
©2020 Explore Scientific, LLC.
1010 S 48th Street, Springdale, AR 72762
All rights reserved.
explorescientificusa.com | 866.252.3811
Made in China.