Quick Start Guide
MOTION SOLAR SECURITY LIGHT
Item # 1005414989
Model # DFI-7004-WH-G
The solar panel requires full, direct sunlight to charge the battery. Clouds, rain, snow, and other weather conditions may not allow the solar panel to completely recharge the battery. Other obstructions such as buildings or trees may block the sun as well.
When installing the solar panel, make sure it is aimed toward the sun with a minimum amount of obstructions. If possible, mount the panel facing toward the southern sky.
Refer to the included full instruction manual “Use and Care Guide” for installation, safety, and additional information.
- Adjusting the lamp heads
The lamp heads may be adjusted left or right and up and down.
- Connecting the solar panel to the light fixture
• Adjust solar panel toward the sun for maximum sun exposure.
• Plug solar panel connector into light fixture connector.
- Determining the motion sensor detection zone
NOTE: When the motion sensor switch is set to the “TEST” position, the light will operate during the day or night. The light will stay on for 5 seconds after all motion is stopped.
• Slide the switch to the “TEST” position.
• Slide the “SENS” switch to the “L” (low) position.
• Perform a “walk test”: walk in an arc across the front of the motion sensor.
• Watch the light. The light will come on and the red LED will flash indicating motion has been detected.
• Stop, wait for the light to turn off, and then begin walking again.
• Continue this process until the detection zone has been established.
• If needed, gently grasp the motion sensor and move it from side to side or up and down to adjust the detection zone.
- Adjusting the sensitivity
• “L” – Low range
• “M” – Medium range
• “H” – High range
- Adjusting the light timer
• OFF – turns light off.
• TEST – light operates day or night for 5 seconds after all motion has stopped. Used for setup.
• AUTO – motion activated. Light can be set to stay on between 5 seconds and 1 minute after all motion has stopped.
INITIAL BATTERY CHARGE
IMPORTANT: Ensure the solar panel cord is firmly attached to the light fixture cord with no space between the two connectors.
IMPORTANT: The solar panel requires full, direct sunlight to charge the battery. Clouds, rain, snow, and other weather conditions may not allow the solar panel to completely recharge the battery. Other obstructions such as buildings or trees may block the sun as well.
When installing the solar panel, make sure it is aimed as described below with a minimum amount of obstructions. If possible, mount the panel facing toward the southern sky.
- PRIOR TO USE, the battery will require 2 to 5 days of full sun to completely charge with the control switch in the OFF position. Plug the solar panel cable into the connector extending from the bottom of the battery case. If possible, aim the solar panel toward the south and tilt it approximately 50° from horizontal. If the solar panel cannot be aimed toward the south, then tilt the panel approximately 30° if possible.
- Actual operating time will vary depending upon how frequently the light is turned on by the motion sensor.
- Solar lighting is not designed to equal standard 120V lighting. The amount of light output is reduced to allow the sun time to fully recharge the battery between lighting cycles.
- The solar collection is only effective in direct sunlight. Every hour the light is on requires a minimum of 16 hours of sunlight charging. Solar panels collect less than 10% of the sun’s energy.
To ensure the maximum RUN TIME solar performance:
- Slide the control switch to the “AUTO” position.
- Slide the “SENS” switch to the “M” (medium) position.
- Set the time dial HALFWAY between 5S and 1MIN.
|The light fixture is not charging.||The solar panel is not COMPLETELY connected to the light fixture.||Ensure the solar panel connector is fully inserted into the light fixture connector.
There should be NO gap.
|The light fixture flashes ON and OFF repeatedly.||The light fixture is in TEST mode.||Set the light fixture motion sensor to
the OFF or AUTO (5 seconds to 1 minute) setting.
|The light fixture is charging but does not come on at night.||The motion sensor is set to the OFF position.||Set the light fixture motion sensor to the AUTO (5 seconds to 1 minute) setting.|
Please contact 1-866-308-3976 for further assistance.