IMPORTANT SAFETY AND PRODUCT
010-02564-10 Instinct 2S Solar GPS Smartwatch
Failure to heed the following warnings could result in an accident or medical event resulting in death or serious injury.
This feature is for information purposes only. It is the user’s responsibility to heed all posted tide or water-related guidance, to remain aware of your surroundings, and to use safe judgment around the water at all times. Failure to heed this warning could result in property damage, serious personal injury, or death.
A lithium-ion battery is used in this device.
If these guidelines are not followed, batteries may experience a shortened life span or may present a risk of damage to the device, fire, chemical burn, electrolyte leak, and/or injury.
- Do not disassemble, modify, remanufacture, puncture or damage the device or batteries.
- Do not remove or attempt to remove the non-user-replaceable battery.
- Do not expose the device or batteries to fire, explosion, or another hazard.
- Do not leave the device exposed to a heat source or in a high-temperature location, such as in the sun in an unattended vehicle. To prevent the possibility of damage, remove the device from the vehicle or store it out of direct sunlight, such as in the glove box.
- Do not operate the device outside of the temperature ranges specified in the printed manual on the product packaging.
- When storing the device for an extended time period, store it within the temperature ranges specified in the printed manual in the product packaging.
- Do not use a power cable, data cable, and/or power adapter that is not approved or supplied by Garmin®.
- If you have a pacemaker or other internal electronic device, consult your physician before using a heart rate monitor.
- The Garmin optical wrist heart rate monitor and pulse oximeter sensor emit green, red, and infrared light and flash occasionally. Consult your physician if you have epilepsy or are sensitive to bright or flashing lights.
- Always consult your physician before beginning or modifying any exercise program.
- The Garmin device, accessories, heart rate monitor, pulse oximeter sensor, and related data are intended to be used only for recreational purposes and not for medical purposes and are not intended to diagnose, monitor, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition.
- The heart rate and blood oxygen saturation readings are for reference only, and no responsibility is accepted for the consequences of any erroneous readings.
- While the Garmin optical wrist heart rate monitor technology typically provides an accurate estimate of a user’s heart rate, there are inherent limitations with the technology that may cause some of the heart rate readings to be inaccurate under certain circumstances, including the user’s physical characteristics, fit of the device, and type and intensity of activity.
- While the Garmin pulse oximeter sensor technology typically provides an accurate estimate of a user’s blood oxygen saturation, there are inherent limitations with the technology that may cause some of the oxygen saturation readings to be inaccurate under certain circumstances, including the user’s physical characteristics, fit of the device, position of the device, and movement.
- Garmin activity trackers rely on sensors that track your movement and other metrics. The data and information provided by these devices are intended to be a close estimation of your activity and metrics tracked, but may not be completely accurate, including step, sleep, distance, heart rate, oxygen saturation, and calorie data.
Safety and Tracking Warning
The assistance feature allows you to send your location to an emergency contact. This is a supplemental feature and should not be relied upon as a primary method to obtain emergency assistance. The Garmin Connect™ app does not contact emergency services on your behalf.
The incident detection feature is only available while you are tracking certain outdoor activities on your Garmin device. For more information, see the device owner’s manual.
- Always use your best judgment, and operate the bicycle in a safe manner.
- Make sure your bicycle and hardware are properly maintained and that all parts are correctly installed.
If your Garmin device uses or accepts map data, follow these guidelines to ensure safe navigation.
- Always carefully compare information displayed on the device to all available navigation sources, including information from visual sightings, local waterway rules and restrictions, and maps. For safety, always resolve any discrepancies or questions before continuing navigation, and defer to posted signs and conditions.
- Use this device only as a navigational aid. Do not attempt to use the device for any purpose requiring precise measurement of direction, distance, location, or topography.
Off-Road Navigation Warnings
If your Garmin device is able to suggest off-road routes for various outdoor activities, such as biking, hiking, and all-terrain vehicles, follow these guidelines to ensure safe off-road navigation.
- Always use your best judgment and exercise common sense when making off-road navigational decisions. The Garmin device is designed to provide route suggestions only. It is not a replacement for attentiveness and proper preparation for outdoor activities. Do not follow the route suggestions if they suggest an illegal course or would put you in an unsafe situation.
- Always carefully compare information displayed on the device to all available navigation sources, including trail signs, trail conditions, weather conditions, and other factors that may affect safety while navigating. For safety, always resolve any discrepancies before continuing navigation, and defer to posted signs and conditions.
- Always be mindful of the effects of the environment and the inherent risks of the activity before embarking on off-road activities, especially the impact that weather and weather-related trail conditions can have on the safety of your activity. Ensure that you have the proper gear and supplies for your activity before navigating along unfamiliar paths and trails.
Failure to heed the following cautions could result in minor or moderate injury or property damage.
Some users may experience skin irritation after prolonged use of the device, especially if the user has sensitive skin or allergies. If you notice any skin irritation, remove the device and give your skin time to heal. To help prevent skin irritation, ensure the device is clean and dry, and do not overtighten the device on your wrist. For more information, go to garmin.com/fitandcare.
Failure to heed the following notices could result in personal or property damage or negatively impact the device’s functionality.
- Contact your local waste disposal department to dispose of the device/batteries in accordance with applicable local laws and regulations.
The navigation device may experience degraded performance if you use it in proximity to any device that uses a terrestrial broadband network operating close to the frequencies used by any Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), such as the Global Positioning Service (GPS). Use of such devices may impair the reception of GNSS signals.
Product Environmental Programs
Information about the Garmin product recycling program and WEEE, RoHS, REACH, and other compliance programs can be found at
Declaration of Conformity
Hereby, Garmin declares that this product is in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: www.garmin.com/compliance.
UK Declaration of Conformity
Hereby, Garmin declares that this product is in compliance with the relevant statutory requirements. The full text of the declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: www.garmin.com/compliance.
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada Compliance
This device contains license-exempt transmitter(s)/ receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada’s license-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Radio Frequency Radiation Exposure
This device is a portable transmitter and receiver that uses an internal antenna to send and receive low levels of radio frequency (RF) energy for data communications. The device emits RF energy below the published limits for portable use when operating in its maximum output power mode and when used with Garmin-authorized accessories. To comply with RF exposure compliance requirements, the device should be used as described in the manual. The device should not be used in other configurations.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and may cause harmful interference to radio communications if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This product does not contain any user-serviceable parts. Repairs should only be made by an authorized Garmin service center. Unauthorized repairs or modifications could result in permanent damage to the equipment, and void your warranty and your authority to operate this device under Part 15 regulations.
Software License Agreement
BY USING THE DEVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE FOLLOWING SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT. PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY.
Garmin Ltd. and its subsidiaries (“Garmin”) grant you a limited license to use the software embedded in this device (the “Software”) in a binary executable form in the normal operation of the product. Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Software remain in Garmin and/or its third-party providers.
You acknowledge that the Software is the property of Garmin and/or its third-party providers and is protected under the United States of America copyright laws and international copyright treaties. You further acknowledge that the structure, organization, and code of the Software, for which source code is not provided, are valuable trade
secrets of Garmin and/or its third-party providers and that the Software in source code form remains a valuable trade secret of Garmin and/or its third-party providers. You agree not to decompile, disassemble, modify, reverse assemble, reverse engineer, or reduce to human readable form the Software or any part thereof or create any derivative works based on the Software. You agree not to export or re-export the Software to any country in violation of the export control laws of the United States of America or the export control laws of any other applicable country.
Map Data Information
Garmin uses a combination of governmental and private data sources. Virtually all data sources contain inaccurate or incomplete data. In some countries, complete and accurate map information is either not available or is prohibitively expensive.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE (OR BY COUNTRY OR PROVINCE). GARMIN DOES NOT EXCLUDE, LIMIT OR SUSPEND OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE UNDER THE LAWS OF YOUR STATE (OR COUNTRY OR PROVINCE). FOR A FULL UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR RIGHTS YOU SHOULD CONSULT THE LAWS OF YOUR STATE, COUNTRY, OR PROVINCE.
Non-aviation products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. Within this period, Garmin will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacements will be made at no charge to the customer for parts or labor, provided that the customer shall be responsible for any transportation cost. This Limited Warranty does not apply to (i) cosmetic damage, such as scratches, nicks, and dents; (ii) consumable parts, such as batteries unless product damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (iii) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes; (iv) damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an authorized service provider of Garmin; (v) damage to a product that has been modified or altered without the written permission of Garmin, or (vi) damage to a product that has been connected to power and/or data cables that are not supplied by Garmin. In addition, Garmin reserves the right to refuse warranty claims against products or services that are obtained and/or used in contravention of the laws of any country. Garmin products are intended to be used only as an aid and must not be used for any purpose requiring precise measurement of direction, distance, location or topography. For navigation products, Garmin makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the map data.
This Limited Warranty also does not apply to, and Garmin is not responsible for, any degradation in the performance of any Garmin navigation product resulting from its use in
proximity to any handset or other device that utilizes a terrestrial broadband network operating on frequencies that are close to the frequencies used by any Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) such as the Global Positioning Service (GPS). Use of such devices may impair the reception of GNSS signals.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES CONTAINED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF, AND GARMIN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, STATUTORY REMEDY OR OTHERWISE. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY. IF IMPLIED WARRANTIES CAN NOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER THE LAWS OF YOUR STATE OR COUNTRY, THEN SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. SOME STATES (AND COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IN NO EVENT SHALL GARMIN BE LIABLE IN A CLAIM FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER RESULTING FROM THE USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT OR FROM DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT. SOME STATES (AND COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If during the warranty period you submit a claim for warranty service in accordance with this Limited Warranty, then Garmin will, at its option: (i) repair the device using new parts or previously used parts that satisfy Garmin’s quality standards, (ii) replace the device with a new device or a refurbished device that meets Garmin’s quality standards, or (iii) exchange the device for a full refund of your purchase price. SUCH REMEDY SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY. Repaired or replaced devices have a 90-day warranty. If the unit sent in is still under its original warranty, then the new warranty is 90 days or to the end of the original 1-year warranty, whichever is longer.
Before seeking warranty service, please access and review the online help resources available on support.garmin.com. If your device is still not functioning properly after making use of these resources, contact a Garmin Authorized service facility in the original country of purchase or follow the instructions on support.garmin.com to obtain warranty service. If you are in the United States, you can also call 1-800-800-1020. If you seek warranty service outside of the original country of purchase, Garmin cannot guarantee that the parts and products needed to repair or replace your product will be available due to differences in product offerings and applicable standards, laws, and regulations. In that case, Garmin may in its sole discretion and subject to applicable laws, repair or replace your product with comparable Garmin products and parts, or require you to ship your product to a Garmin Authorized service facility in the country of original purchase or to a Garmin Authorized service facility in another country that can service your product, in which case you will be responsible for complying with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and for paying all customs duties, V.A.T., shipping fees, and other associated taxes and charges. In some cases, Garmin and its dealers may be unable to service your product in a country outside of the original country of purchase or return a repaired or replaced product to you in that country due to applicable standards, laws, or regulations in that country.
Online Auction Purchases: Online auction confirmations are not accepted for warranty verification. To obtain warranty service, an original or copy of the sales receipt from the original retailer is required. Garmin will not replace missing components from any package purchased through an online auction.
International Purchases: A separate warranty may be provided by international distributors for devices purchased outside the United States depending on the country. If applicable, this warranty is provided by the local in-country distributor and this distributor provides local service for your device. Distributor warranties are only valid in the area of intended distribution.
Australian Purchases: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The benefits under our Limited Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies under applicable law in relation to the products. Garmin Australasia, 30 Clay Place, Eastern Creek, NSW 2766, Australia. Phone: 1800 235 822.
© 2021 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries