GARMIN APPROACH S10 Smartwatch Owner’s Manual
See the Important Safety and Product Information guide in the product box for product warnings and other important information.
|➀||UP||Hold to turn the device on and off.
Select to scroll through menus and settings. During play, select to scroll through hazards, layups, and doglegs.
|➁||DOWN||Select to scroll through menus, and settings. During play, select to scroll through hazards, layups, and doglegs.|
|➂||OK||Select to choose menu options and acknowledge messages. During play, select to access in-round features.|
|➃||BACK||Select to return to the previous menu.|
Turning On the Device
The first time you turn on the device, you are prompted to configure system settings.
- Hold .
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Before you can play golf, you must wait until the device acquires satellite signals, which may take 30 to 60 seconds.
- Select OK.
- Select Start Round.
The device locates satellites, calculates your location, and selects a course if there is only one course nearby.
- If the course list appears, select a course from the list.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup and
start a round.
The device shows the current hole you are playing, and automatically transitions when you move to a new hole.
NOTE: Because pin locations change, the device calculates the distance to the front, middle, and back of the green, but not the actual pin location.
|➀||Current hole number.|
|➁||Distance to the middle of the green.|
|➂||Distance to the back of the green.|
|➃||Distance to the front of the green.|
|➄||Approximate view of the green. The middle of the green is indicated with +.|
|➅||Par for the hole.|
Measuring a Shot
- While playing golf, hold OK.
The Measuring Shot screen appears.
- Walk to your ball.
TIP: You can select DOWN to reset the measurement
Viewing Course Features
You can view distances to course features, such as hazards, layups, and doglegs, for par 4 and 5 holes.
- While playing golf, select UP or DOWN.
- Select a feature.
- Select UP or DOWN to view other features for the current
- The distances to the feature appear on the screen:
◦ For large hazards, the distances to the front À and back Á of the hazard are listed. For small hazards, only the distance to the front of the hazard is listed.
◦ For layups and doglegs, the distance to the feature is listed.
- The feature type Â is listed at the top of the page.
- The green is represented as a half circle Ã at the top of the screen. The line below the green represents the center of the fairway.
- Features for the current hole Ä are shown below the green in approximate locations relative to the fairway.
When scoring is enabled, you are prompted to enter your score when you are on the green. You can adjust the score manually at any time during a game.
- While playing golf, select OK.
- Select Scorecard.
- Select UP or DOWN to select a hole, and select OK.
- Select UP or DOWN to set the score, and select OK.
Changing the Course
- You can change the course manually from the hole view screen. Select OK.
- Select Change Course.
- Select a course.
Uploading Your Scorecard Using Garmin Express™
You can upload your scorecard to Garmin Connect™ using the
Garmin Express application.
1 Connect the device to your computer using a USB cable.
2 Go to www.garmin.com/express.
3 Follow the on-screen instructions.
Garmin Golf™ App
The Garmin Golf app allows golfers to compete with each other at different courses. More than 41,000 courses have a weekly leader board that anyone can join. You can set up a tournament event and invite players to compete. You can use Garmin Express to upload scorecards from your compatible Garmin®device to view detailed statistics and shot analyses. The Garmin Golf app syncs your data with your Garmin Connect account. You can download the Garmin Golf app from the app store on your smartphone.
Customizing Your Device
From the main menu, select Settings.
Color Theme: Sets the color theme for the screen (Setting the Color Theme, page 2).
Scoring: Enables and disables scoring. Select Always Ask to be prompted to enable or disable scoring when you start playing golf.
Time: Sets the time and time format. Language: Sets the device language.
NOTE: Changing the text language does not change the language of user-entered data or map data.
Units: Sets the unit of measure for distance.
Gender: Sets the user gender.
Software Update: Updates the device software when updates are available.
NOTE: You must connect to Garmin Express to receive software updates.
Setting the Color Theme
- From the main menu, select Settings > Color Theme.
- Select an option:
• To show a dark background with light text, select Dark.
• To show a light background with dark text, select Light.
From the main menu, select Settings > Time.
Time Format: Sets the device to show time in a 12-hour or a 24-hour format.
Set Time: Sets the time manually or automatically based on your GPS location.
Charging the Device
This device contains a lithium-ion battery. See the Important Safety and Product Information guide in the product box for product warnings and other important information.
To prevent corrosion, thoroughly clean and dry the contacts and the surrounding area before charging or connecting to a computer. Refer to th cleaning instructions in the appendix
- Plug the small end of the USB cable into the charging port on your device.
- Plug the large end of the USB cable into a USB port on your computer.
- Charge the device completely.
Avoid extreme shock and harsh treatment, because it can degrade the life of the product.
Avoid pressing the keys under water.
Do not use a sharp object to clean the device.
Avoid chemical cleaners, solvents, and insect repellents that can damage plastic components and finishes.
Thoroughly rinse the device with fresh water after exposure to chlorine, salt water, sunscreen, cosmetics, alcohol, or other harsh chemicals. Prolonged exposure to these substances can damage the case.
Do not store the device where prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures can occur, because it can cause permanent damage.
Do not remove the bands.
Cleaning the Device
Even small amounts of sweat or moisture can cause corrosion of the electrical contacts when connected to a charger. Corrosion can prevent charging and data transfer
- Wipe the device using a cloth dampened with a mild detergent solution.
- Wipe it dry. After cleaning, allow the device to dry completely.
TIP: For more information, go to garmin.com/fitandcare.
|Battery type||Rechargeable lithium-ion|
|Battery life||Watch only: up to 8 wk. Playing golf: up to 15 hr.
NOTE: The actual battery life of a fully charged battery depends on how much time you use GPS power save mode. Exposure to extremely cold temperatures also reduces battery life.
|Operating temperature range||From -20º to 60ºC (from -4º to 140ºF)|
|Charging temperature range||From 0º to 40ºC (from 32º to 113ºF)|
|Water rating||5 ATM*|
*The device withstands pressure equivalent to a depth of 50 m.
For more information, go to www.garmin.com/waterrating.
Viewing E-label Regulatory and Compliance Information
The label for this device is provided electronically. The e-label may provide regulatory information, such as identification numbers provided by the FCC or regional compliance markings,as well as applicable product and licensing information.
- Select OK.
- Select About.
battery 3 charging 2
cleaning the device 2
courses, selecting 2
customizing the device 2
data storing 2
green view, pin location 1
history, sending to computer 2
keys 1, 2
measuring a shot 1
scorecard 1, 2
screen, settings 2
storing data 2
system settings 2
time, settings 2
user profile 1
water rating 3