Sound Spa® Projection Clock Radio
Instruction Manual and Warranty Information
1 year limited warranty
Create your perfect sleep environment.
Thank you for purchasing Sound Spa, the HoMedics acoustic relaxation machine. This, like the entire HoMedics product line, is built with high-quality craftsmanship to provide you years of dependable service. We hope that you will find it to be the finest product of its kind.
Sound Spa helps create your perfect sleep environment. Fall asleep to any of its eight calming sounds, then wake to nature sounds or alarm. Sound Spa can also mask distractions to improve your concentration while you read, work or study.
Sound Spa Clock Radio Features
- 8 Nature Sounds: rain, ocean, brook, white noise, thunderstorm, rainforest, fan, and campfire.
- Built-in projector to display time on ceiling, wall, or any flat surface
- Full function dual alarm with snooze and gradual wake
- Digital FM radio
- Enhanced LCD display
- Battery backup (Battery type CR-2032)
WHEN USING AN ELECTRICAL PRODUCT, BASIC PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
WARNING: DO NOT PLACE SPEAKERS TOO CLOSE TO EARS. MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO EAR DRUMS, ESPECIALLY IN YOUNG CHILDREN.
- Close supervision is necessary when this product is used by, on or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Use this product only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics.
- DO NOT place or store this product where it can fall or be dropped into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place or drop into water or any other liquid.
- Not for use by children. THIS IS NOT A TOY.
- Turn off product when not in use.
- NEVER operate this product if it has a damaged cord, plug, cable or housing.
- Keep away from heated surfaces.
- Only set on dry surfaces. Do not place on surface wet from water or cleaning solvents.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION: PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE OPERATING.
- NEVER leave the product unattended, especially if children are present.
- NEVER cover the product when it is in operation.
- This unit should not be used by children without adult supervision.
- Always keep the product away from high temperature and fire.
- Use only the size and type of batteries specified.
- When installing batteries, observe proper +/- polarities. Incorrect installation of battery may cause damage to the unit.
- Do not mix different types of batteries together (e.g., alkaline with carbon-zinc or old batteries with new ones).
- If the unit is not going to be used for a long period of time, remove batteries to prevent damage due to possible battery leakage.
- Do not dispose of batteries in fire. Batteries may explode or leak.
- Dispose of used batteries properly in accordance with all state, province, and county regulations.
Assembly and Instructions for Use
Unpack the unit carefully. Remove all the accessories from the carton. Do not remove any labels or stickers on the bottom of the unit or adapter. Before setting up the unit, verify that the following contents are present:
- Sound Spa Auto Set Clock Radio x 1
- AC Adapter and power cord x 1
This unit is supplied with an AC adapter; take the following steps to connect the adaptor.
- Unwind the power cord of the AC adaptor to its full length.
- Connect the AC adapter to the DC5V Input.
- Plug the AC adapter into an outlet (100V – 240VAC 50/60 Hz).
- To power the unit off completely, unplug the AC adapter from the wall outlet.
NOTE: Connecting this system to any other power source may cause damage to the system. For sufficient ventilation, keep other objects at least 4 inches away from the unit.
Setting Clock Time
Press and hold (3 seconds) the TIME SET button on back of unit (Fig. 2), the hour will begin to flash. Select the hour using the VOLUME buttons on the top to adjust the hour (when in 12 hour mode remember to set correct AM/PM, a “PM” icon will be displayed) (Fig. 1), press TIME SET button again to select the minute using the VOLUME buttons on top again to adjust. Press TIME SET button again, now time is set.
NOTE: After time is set, press TIME SET button again and use the VOLUME button to select 12 or 24 hour format.
Setting and Using the Alarms
Setting Alarm 1 or Alarm 2
- Press and hold (3 seconds) the desired alarm button (ALARM 1 or ALARM 2) located on the top of the unit to activate the alarm set feature. (Fig. 1)
- Press and hold the ALARM button again and the hour will begin flashing.
- Use the TUNER button (or the volume up/down button) on top of the unit to adjust the hour, paying attention to the AM and PM indicators (when in 12 hour mode).
- Press the ALARM button again and the minute will begin flashing. Use TUNER button again to adjust the minute.
- Press the ALARM button again to select the source. The alarm can be set to sound a Beep, Nature Sounds or play the FM radio. Select using the TUNER button.
- Press ALARM button again to adjust the maximum volume of the gradual wake feature (alarm begins soft and slowly gets louder) by using the TUNER buttons to adjust the sound level up or down.
- Press the ALARM button a final time, the alarm is now set.
Turning Off The Alarm / Snooze Operation
The Sound Spa is equipped with gradual wake, which means that the alarm begins soft and slowly gets louder. This will ensure a non-jarring wake-up.
- After the alarm sounds, press the SNOOZE bar located on the top of the unit and the alarm will sound again after nine minutes.
NOTE: You may only press the SNOOZE button during the ALARM mode for one hour (7 times). After the seventh time, the alarm will turn off and will not sound again until the next set time.
- To turn off the alarm, press any button (except the SNOOZE/DIM/SLEEP button) on the top of the unit.
Listening to the Radio
NOTE: For best reception, fully unwind the wire antenna. DO NOT strip, alter or attach to other antennas.
- To listen to the radio, press the POWER button located on top of the unit.
- Press the RADIO button on the unit until FM icon and station frequency appears on the display.
- Use the TUNER selector button on the top of the unit to select desired station. For auto seek press and hold TUNER selector for 2 seconds then release and the tuner will find the next station with a signal.
- Press the POWER button to turn radio off.
- To listen to the Nature Sounds, press the POWER button on the top of the unit.
- Press the SOUND button to scroll through the sounds.
- Your sound selection will illuminate on the LCD screen.
While listening to the radio press the SNOOZE/DIM/SLEEP button to activate the sleep feature. This allows you to set a sleep timer for 15, 30, 45, and 60 minutes. Once set, the unit will continue playing for the set length of time, then will automatically turn off.
The Sound Spa is equipped with a feature that allows you to project the TIME on any flat surface.
- To turn projector on, press the PROJECTOR button on back of unit.
- Carefully move the PROJECTOR device up or down to change where the image gets projected.
- To adjust the focus, carefully turn the round end of the projector lens to the desired focus.
- Press the PROJECTOR button to turn off.
To adjust the volume, use the VOLUME buttons located on the top of the unit.
Display Dimmer Control
Press the SNOOZE/DIM/SLEEP bar to adjust the backlight intensity of the clock display. The POWER selector button needs to be off to use the dimmer control.
This alarm clock is equipped with a battery backup feature (1 CR-2032 battery included and already installed) to keep the clock time and alarm settings during power outage. The battery is located on the bottom of the unit for easy access (small Phillips head screw driver required, not included).
To Store: You may leave the unit on display, or you can store it in a cool, dry place.
To Clean: Use only a soft dry cloth to clean the enclosure of the unit.
NEVER use liquids or abrasive cleaner to clean.
NOTE: This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by HoMedics could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.