Honeywell Portable Evaporative Air Cooler User Manual
Read and save these instructions before use
Model: DLC203AE Series
USA: 1-800-474-2147 | [email protected]
CANADA^: 1-888-209-0999 | [email protected]
^ Canada Customer Support service available for models sold in Canada only.
- Control Panel
- Remote Control Signal Receiver
- Water Level Indicator
- Water Fill Door
- Power Cord Wrap
- Rear Grill & Mesh Filter
- Honeycomb Cooling Media
- Remote Control Battery (included)
- Remote Control
- Water Tank
- Drain Plug
- Bottom Base Stands
- Ice Packs
- Power Cord
WARNING — READ AND SAVE THE AIR COOLER SAFETY & MAINTENANCE GUIDE AND USER MANUAL BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY DAMAGE AND/ OR IMPAIR ITS OPERATION AND VOID THE WARRANTY. IN CASE THERE IS ANY INCONSISTENCY OR CONFLICT BETWEEN THE ENGLISH VERSION AND ANY OTHER LANGUAGE VERSION OF THE CONTENT OF THIS MATERIAL, THE ENGLISH VERSION SHALL PREVAIL.
USE and OPERATION
Make sure to position the air cooler on a flat floor base with appropriate cross-ventilation, before you set up and start using the product. Please refer to the COOLER LOCATION section of the separate Safety & Maintenance Guide.
BASE INSTALLATION (OPTIONAL)
Before installation, make sure the unit is unplugged from the electrical outlet and that no water is inside the unit.
Prior to use, you must move the air cooler to the position you would like it to stand. If you don’t intend to move the air cooler around often, it is recommended to install the bottom base stands on the 4 corners of the unit for added balance and support.
Warning: When the bottom base stands are installed, the unit will not roll on the wheels. Remove the stands before rolling and repositioning to another room.
Step 1: Carefully tip the unit horizontally onto one side.
Step 2: Install the 4 bottom base stands on each corner of the unit. Slide and lock them into place.
Step 3: Use a screwdriver to tighten ONE screw on each of the four base stands.
Warning: When operating the unit, take care not to tip the unit over. When moving the air cooler, make sure all water is removed from the unit. Move it slowly and carefully to avoid tipping the unit over.
Filter Alert Light should not be illuminated until the filter requires cleaning again.
The frequency of filter cleaning depends on room environment conditions. Some rooms may require changing more frequently than others.
- The remote control requires a CR2025 (1 x 3V) coin type or equivalent battery for replacement. Open the battery compartment at the back of the remote control and insert the battery inside. Care must be taken to insert the batteries according to the correct polarity (+ / –) markings shown inside the battery compartment.
- Always point the remote control signal transmitter towards the unit when operating. Make sure that the signal path is not obstructed.
- Remove the batteries if the unit is not going to be used for an extended period of time.
- Do not drop the remote control.
- Do not mix different types of batteries such as alkaline, carbon-zinc, or rechargeable batteries.
- Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Do not recharge the battery.
- Exhausted batteries are to be removed from the product and safely disposed of as per local regulations.
- Do not dispose of batteries in fire. Batteries may explode or leak.
- This product contains a lithium button/coin cell battery. If a new or used lithium button/ coin cell battery is swallowed or enters the body, it can cause severe internal burns and can lead to death in as little as 2 hours. Always completely secure the battery compartment. If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product, remove the batteries, and keep it away from children. If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
- The batteries shall be disposed of properly, including keeping them away from children.
- Even used batteries may cause injury.
WARNING: Chemical Burn Hazard. Keep batteries away from children.
FILLING WITH WATER
Unplug the unit from the electrical socket before emptying or refilling the water tank.
Open the Water Fill Door located on the side of the unit.
The Water Level Indicator is located at the front of the unit. Refill the water tank when water level is low.
Do not fill water above the “Max.” water level mark to avoid water droplets collecting on the louvers. Check the water level in the tank before running the COOL function. Make sure that the water in the tank is above the minimum water level mark. Running the unit in COOL mode with inadequate water may cause pump failure.
NOTE: The water capacity refers to the total volume of water that can be contained within the air cooler water tank and water distribution system. The water capacity in the tank at the “Max.” indicator level may be lower than the actual water capacity of the air cooler.
WARNING: Do not fill water tank with dirty water or salt water. This can damage the unit and Honeycomb media.
ADDING ICE PACKS
Four re-freezble Ice Packs are included to help enhance the cooling effect when required.
Freeze the ice packs in a freezer. When frozen, you can insert them into the water tank of the air cooler. You can choose to use all four at one time or use 2 at a time so you can exchange the ice packs when one set has melted, for continuous cooling.
IMPORTANT: Adding the ice packs into the water tank will increase the volume of water in the tank. It is best to add the ice packs when the water tank is empty or only half-full, to avoid the water tank over-flowing.
WARNING: DO NOT attempt to open the ice packs or consume the ice crystals from inside of the ice packs.
Insert Ice Packs from the Back of the Unit:
- Turn OFF the unit and unplug unit from the electrical outlet.
- Carefully pull out the Honeycomb Frame.
- The Ice Packs can be placed into the tank once the Rear Grill / Mesh Filter & Honeycomb Frame with Honeycomb Cooling Media have been removed from the back of the unit.
WARNING: NEVER open the Rear Grill/Mesh Filter while the unit is operating. Only access or exchange the ice packs when the unit is turned OFF.
LOW WATER INDICATOR
In cooling mode, when water in the tank is below the minimum level the unit will automatically pause evaporative cooling and then will flash.
Refill the water tank to deactivate the indicator in cooling mode. First switch OFF the unit and unplug from the power outlet. Fill the water tank with water above the minimum water level mark. Plug in and switch ON again.
To deactivate the indicator and continue using the unit as a fan (without evaporative cooling), switch the unit OFF and then ON again. The Low Water indicator will not activate in Fan only mode.
The will flash again if the COOL function is activated while the water tank is still empty.
CLEANING and DRAINING THE WATER TANK
Below are instructions on how to clean and maintain your air cooler. If the cooler will not be used for a long period of time, please refer to the STORAGE & MAINTENANCE GUIDELINES located in the separate Safety & Maintenance Guide.
Before cleaning the unit, power OFF the unit and disconnect from the electrical socket.
- Move the unit to a location where the water can be drained. Remove the cap from the drain plug located at the bottom of the unit. Allow the tank to empty.
- Refill the water tank with clean water, up to the maximum level and drain it completely.
- Use a damp cloth to remove the dirt and dust from the surface of the unit. Never use corrosive elements or chemicals to clean this product.
- When the product is not in use, store the unit in a dry place out of direct sunlight.
CLEANING THE MESH FILTER AND HONEYCOMB COOLING MEDIA
Before cleaning the unit, switch the unit OFF and disconnect the power adapter from the unit and electrical socket.
- The appliance is supplied with a Mesh Filter and Honeycomb Cooling Media.
- The Mesh Filter and Honeycomb Cooling Media are located inside the Rear Grill. See Figure 1 for instructions on how to remove them from the unit for cleaning and maintenance.
- Do not run the unit in COOL mode with stale water in the tank. You must empty the water tank and refill with fresh water, especially if the tank has not been cleaned in a long time.
- The cleaning frequency for the Honeycomb media depends on local air and water conditions. In areas where the mineral content of water is high, mineral deposits may build up on the Honeycomb Cooling Media and restrict air flow. Draining the water tank and refilling with fresh water at least once a week will help reduce mineral deposits. If mineral deposits remain on the Honeycomb Cooling Media, the media should be removed and washed under fresh water. The media should be cleaned every two months or sooner, depending on your needs.
- For best results allow the Honeycomb Cooling Media to dry after each use by turning off the cool function 15 minutes before turning the unit off.
Removing the Mesh Filter and Honeycomb Frame with Honeycomb Cooling Media:
- Carefully pull out the Rear Grill / Mesh Filter from the cooler.
- Rinse the Rear Grill / Mesh Filter with clean water and let it dry before re-installing to the unit.
- Carefully pull out the Honeycomb Media from the Honeycomb Frame.
- Replace or clean media with water and a damp cloth as needed.
WARNING: DO NOT operate the Air Cooler when the Rear Grill is removed from the Air Cooler, or if there is a loose-fitting Rear Grill. Doing so can cause serious injury or dangerous electrical shock.
JMATEK North America LLC
Mahwah, New Jersey 07495 USA
Email: [email protected]
Made in China
© 2019 JMATEK Limited. All rights reserved.
The Honeywell Trademark is used under license from Honeywell International Inc.
Honeywell International Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to this product.
This product is manufactured by Airtek Int’l Corp. Ltd.
(subsidiary of JMATEK Ltd.).