QuadCast Boom Arm Mic Stand, Adjustable Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand for HyperX QuadCast
- DIMENSIONS: 16.83 x 4.49 x 1.89 inches
- WEIGHT: 1.26 pounds
- MAXIMUM LOAD: 3.1 pounds
- MAXIMUM CLIP WIDTH: 1.8”
- MANUFACTURER: Sunmon
The Sunmon boom arm mic stand can fit the HyperX Quadcast perfectly. This is one of best sellers on Amazon which is justified as it allows you to adjust the angle and height for your microphone to be at the most suitable place for recording. It features dual suspension springs on each of the boom arms which allows a stable hold of the microphone. It is specifically designed for HyperX Quadcast S microphone. Its effective design prevents the microphone from falling, shaking or distorting the audio.
It comes with the stand, table mounting clamp and adapter. The clamp is used to connect the stand to the table or the desk. The screw adapter is used to hold the microphone in place. The clamp has a sponge base which protects your desk from scratches.
What’s in the Box?
- Mic Scissor Arm Stand x 1
- Table mounting clamp x 1
- Screw adapter (3/8″ to 5/8″ match most microphones and shock mount) x 1
Maximum Load Capacity
The stand can handle a maximum load of about 1.4 kg or 3.1 pounds.
The maximum rotation that the stand can offer is 360 degrees.
Maximum Vertical Movement
The maximum vertical rotation is 180 degrees
Maximum Horizontal Movement
The maximum horizontal rotation is 135 degrees
How to setup the stand?
- Unthread the screw of the clamp.
- Slide it in to the side of your desk.
- Tighten the screw until its screwed properly.
- The arm stand has two sides, one is the black rod and the other is the silver one. Place the black one in the hole of the clamp.
- Rotate the wheel on the clamp to secure the scissor arm properly.
- Screw the adapter in to the silver rod end of the scissor arm stand.
- Place the microphone on the other side of the adapter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Does this work for the HyperX Quadcast s?
Yes, it is specifically designed for HyperX Quadcast S.
- Can you plug in headphones?
No, its just a stand without any input options.
- What is the maximum thickness that the clamp can be extended to?
The clamp of the Sunmon Quadcast Boom Arm Mic stand can be extended to a maximum width of 1.8” or 4.5cm.
- How long is each arm?
The lower arm is 13 inches and the upper arm of the boom arm mic stand is 13.8 inches.
- Does it come with a microphone?
No, it doesn’t come with a microphone. The package only includes the mic scissor arm stand, table mounting clamp, and screw adapter (3/8″ to 5/8″ match most microphones and shock mount)
- My mic is 0.28 lbs. will this support it without popping up all the time?
The stand can hold a maximum weight of 3.1 pounds.
- Is there a way to get a larger clamp for thicker desks?
No, there is no way to get a larger clamp for thicker desks. The maximum width to which the clamp can be extended is 1.8” or 4.5cm.
- How long can I extend the arm of the stand?
You can extend the arm of the Sunmon Quadcast boom arm mic stand to a max of 26.8 inches.
- Does it come with HyperX Quadcast Microphone?
No, it doesn’t come with HyperX Quadcast microphone. Its just a stand to support the HyperX Quadcast microphone.
- Can the arm be removed from the clamp?
Yes, the arm has to be fixed on the clamp in the first place. You place the black rod on one end of the stand in to the clamp and adjust the wheel on the clamp to hold the stand firmly.
- My desk lip is only 1/2 inch. Will I be able to attach this to it?
The maximum width of the clip is about 1.8 inch or 4.5cm which means it can easily hold your desk end.