Kogan Multimedia Bluetooth Tower Speaker User Guide
Please handle this product with care and inspect it regularly to ensure it is in good working order.
If the product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug and contact Kogan.com support.
In the Box
Installing the Battery
Note: The battery for the remote control (1 x CR2025 lithium battery) is included. To replace the battery, push and slide out the battery door in the remote control. Replace the battery with a new CR2025 battery, with the polarity “+” facing upwards. Slide the door back into position.
- FM Radio indicator light
- Bluetooth indicator light
- AUX IN jack/indicator light
- USB charging port (use to charge external devices)
- button: Standby power / hold to turn ON/OFF
- Mode button: press to change input mode (FM, Radio, Bluetooth, AUX IN)
- button: skip to previous track / hold to scan FM stations
- button: press to play/pause / mute in FM mode / hold to enter Bluetooth pairing mode
- button: skip to next track /hold to scan FM stations
- VOL- button: decrease volume
- VOL+ button: increase volume
- Power switch: main power
- Light switch: turn LED lights on/off
- key: Standby power / turn ON/OFF
- MODE key: press to change input mode (FM, Radio, Bluetooth, AUX IN)
- 3.key: Press to mute volume
- FM Scan key: Auto scan FM radio
- CH- key: preset FM radio station
- CH+ key: preset FM radio station
- key: skip to previous track / hold to scan FM stations
- Key: skip to next track / hold to scan FM stations
- key: play/pause
- PAIR key: enter pairing mode, or unpair
- VOL- key: decrease volume
- VOL+ key: increase volume
- IR remote sensor
- Whole tone speakers
- Base stand
- Connect the wooden base to the main body using the supplied screws and washers.
- Insert the AC plug into a power socket.
Pairing Speaker with a Bluetooth Device
- Plug the speaker into a power source.
- Turn the speaker ON by pressing the Main power switch on the back of the unit.
- Press the standby power button on the speaker or on the remote control to turn on the unit.
- Press the MODE button on the speaker or the PAIR key on the remote control repeatedly until the Bluetooth indicator light flashes GREEN.
- Keep the speaker and Bluetooth enabled device within 3 feet of each other during the pairing process. Within 3 feet
- Set your mobile phone or other Bluetooth enabled device to search for Bluetooth devices.
Pairing with an iPhone
- Go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > BLUETOOTH
- Ensure that Bluetooth is turned ON
Pairing with a Blackberry
- Go to SETTINGS/OPTIONS > BLUETOOTH
- Enable Bluetooth
Pairing with an Android Phone
- Go to SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH > MENU > Search for devices. (Make sure Bluetooth is turned ON)
Pairing with other phones/devices
- Review the instruction manual that came with your phone or device.
7. When the Bluetooth enabled device finds the speaker, select “Kogan BT Tower” from the list of found devices.
8. If required, enter the password 0000. Select OK or Yes to pair the two units.
9. After successful pairing, the indicator light will become solid GREEN.
The unit will stay paired unless unpaired manually by the user, or is erased due to a reset of the device. If your device should become unpaired or you find you are unable to connect, repeat the above steps or press the PAIR button to start the pairing process again.
Note: if the speaker has already been connected to the Bluetooth device/phone, the speaker will reconnect to it automatically.
Note: the screenshots on the previous page are typical of many Bluetooth enabled devices on the market today, and are used here to assist in the explanation of the pairing process. Your Bluetooth enabled device’s interface and interaction with the speaker may slightly differ from the illustrations above.
Using your Bluetooth Speaker
- Flip the main power switch on the rear of the unit to the ON position.
- Press the button to turn the unit ON.
- Press the MODE button on the speaker or the MODE key on the remote control repeatedly to switch to Bluetooth mode. The source indicator will light up GREEN accordingly.
- Press the VOL- and VOL+ buttons on the speaker or on the remote control to adjust the volume level.
- Press the key on the remote control to turn the sound off. Press it again to turn the sound back on.
Make sure that the Bluetooth connection between the speaker and the Bluetooth enabled device is active. (See Bluetooth pairing & linking operation.)
- Press the button on the speaker or the key on the remote control to play a track. Press again to pause.
- Press on the speaker or the remote control to skip forward to the next track and to skip backward to the previous track.
- Press VOL- and VOL+ on the speaker or the remote control to adjust the volume level.
Note: you may also adjust the volume from your mobile phone’s volume control.
FM Radio Mode
- Press the MODE button on the speaker or on the remote control repeatedly until the FM indicator turns GREEN.
- Press the or buttons on the speaker or the remote control to tune up/down through the radio stations.
- To scan to the next available station, press and HOLD the or buttons for one second. 20 stations will be saved as presets.
- Press the FM SCAN key on the remote control to search all available stations.
- Press the and buttons on the speaker or the CH+ and CH- keys on the remote control to select a preset station.
Note: to enhance radio reception, fully unwind and extend the FM antenna cable located on the back of the speaker.
Using as Wired Speakers
- Plug one end of the included 3.5mm auxiliary cord into the headphone jack on your device.
- Plug the other end of the 3.5mm auxiliary cord into the AUX jack on top of the speaker.
- Flip the POWER switch on the back of the speaker to the ON position, then press the button to turn the unit ON.
- Press the MODE button on the speaker or on the remote control repeatedly until the AUX indicator turns GREEN.
- Use your device’s audio controls for music playback.
Note: only VOL+ and VOL- buttons on the speaker are operational when a device is plugged into the AUX jack.
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this tower speaker near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heaters, stoves, ovens or any other devices that produce heat.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs or the point where they exit from the speaker.
- Unplug the tower speaker during lightning storms or not being used for a long period of time.
- Refer all servicing issues to the Kogan customer support team.