Please handle this product with care and inspect it regularly to ensure it is in good working order.
If the product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug and contact Kogan.com support.
|1. DC SOCKET
|2. LED LIGHT (9V BATTERY)
|7. BATTERY CHARGER BAY
|3. CHARGING (9V BATTERY)
|8. POWER LIGHT
|9. LED INDICATORS
|5. BATTERY SELECTION SWITCH
|10. LCD DISPLAY
LCD and LED Display
|LCD display word
|LCD capacity Indication
|Battery voltage is very low short
Battery can’t recharge
Thank you for purchasing the Kogan universal battery charger. This product is an excellent environmentally friendly choice providing a comprehensive and versatile solution to keeping your batteries charged when you need them and minimizing battery waste.The device you have purchased is equipped with the best available technology. The product meets the requirements of current European and National guidelines.
This battery charger has the following features:
- Easy to use
- Intelligent microprocessor controlled
- With negative delta V cut-off function
- Rechargeable batteries in all capacities 1-4 pcs size AAA ,AA ,N,C ,D& 1 PCS 9V
- Recharges batteries in SINGLE or GROUP as the Kogan Charger microprocessor monitors each charging bay individually
- With short-circuit protection
- With both LED and LCD display ,the status of each batteries charge cycle can be seen easily
- With individual maximum timer control for overcharge protection.
- Charges Ni-Cd (Nickel Cadium), Ni-Mh(Nickel Metal Hydride), Alkaline *, RAM(Rechargeable Alkaline Manganese)
Note on standard alkaline batteries:
The Kogan Charger can charge most types of alkaline batteries. Please use the setting “ALK” on the sliding front panel of your charger. Because of the chemistry of standard alkaline batteries they cannot be recharged nearly as many times as standard rechargeable type batteries like Ni-Cd or Ni-MH batteries. However, the Kogan Charger uses a recharge current of 130 mA and the entire charging process is controlled intelligently by microprocessor which can recharge most standard alkaline batteries to 75-90% of their original capacity upwards of 30+ times depending on the quality of the battery. Please note standard alkaline batteries should be completely drained before recharging with your Kogan Charger. On an environmental note, the cost/performance comparison between standard alkaline batteries and rechargeable batteries such as Ni-Cd (Nickel Cadmium) and Ni-MH (Nickel Metal Hydride) is overwhelmingly in favour of rechargeable batteries, we think them the obvious environmental choice.
We kindly request the user to follow the operating instructions to preserve this condition and to ensure safe operation.
The device is intended for charging rechargeable Ni-Cd, Ni-MH and RAM batteries of type of Mono (C), Baby (D), Mignon (AA) and Micro (AAA) as well as 9v block batteries. The charger is also effective at recharging standard alkaline batteries of the same types but at a more limited capacity as outline earlier. (See “note on standard alkaline batteries”)
- No part of the product may be modified or rebuilt and the housing must not be opened.
- Always observe safety instructions.
- Incase of any damages which are caused due to failure to observe these operating instructions, improper operation or the failure to observe the safety instructions, the guarantee will be voided. We neither assume liability for consequential damages nor for damages to property nor personal injury arising from improper use of the device.
- For safety and approval reasons the unauthorized conversion or opening of the device is prohibited.
- Never short-circuit the charging contacts or batteries. It is normal that batteries get warm during the charging procedure. Please handle re-charged batteries with care.
- The Kogan universal battery charger must not come into contact with moisture or wetness.
- Neither the device nor batteries are toys for children. Please keep them out of reach of children.
Important safety instruction
Before you use your new universal fast charger, please pay attention to the user’s manual and the safety instructions listed below.
– Never use the unit outdoors; it is designed only for use indoor use
– This charger is only suitable for the Ni-Cd(Nickel Cadmium) accumulators and the Ni-MH(Nickel Metal Hydride) accumulators and Alkaline
– Don’t use extension cord for connection of the unit.
– Pay attention to the correct polarity during inserting the accumulators.
– Use the unit only at ambient temperatures of 0-40°C.
– Always draw the main plug out of the socket after each use and before cleaning.
– Protect the charger against humidity and heat.
– Never open the unit by yourself; otherwise the warranty will become invalid! Repair can be carried out only by the Kogan customer support technicians. Faulty repairs can cause fires or electric shocks.
– Do not use damaged or corroded accumulators.
– AAA accumulators with a capacity of 300 mAh can never be charged for more than 0.5 hours.
– Never connect other electric units or devices with a damaged main together.
– If the connection cord of this unit is damaged, it must be replaced by Kogan or if the unit it outside of warranty, a qualified electrician, in order to avoid danger.
- This charger can charge 4 kinds of batteries Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, RAM &Alkaline.
• The Four separate battery charging bays function independently
• This enables charging of up to 4 batteries simultaneously,
Note: Batteries must of the same type is Ni-Cd, Ni-MH or alkaline.
• Accommodates both AA, AAA, C, D size and 9V batteries. Battery type is preselected therefore only one type (Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, RAM or alkaline (Ram Setting)) battery can be charged at one time
• This charger uses the latest battery charging technology. It uses “-delta V” deletion when charging Ni-Cd &Ni-MH battery first, followed by a quick charge. Once the battery is fully charged, a constant current trickle charge will keep the battery at optimum capacity.
- Discharging Ni-Cd only
Discharge times will vary dependant on capacity and charge state, typically the process could take up to one hour, before the charge cycle commences. During the discharge process The indicator LED will glow amber
Please read the following instructions carefully before first use of the Kogan Charger.
• Connect the DC plug from the AC adaptor to the DC socket on the rear of the charger.
• Insert the AC adaptor into the household supply ensuring the wall socket is switched ON. This will cause the LED power indicator light to turn on.
• Select the required battery type by moving the batter selector switch between Ni-Cd ,Ni-MH or Ram for alkaline batteries (Switch must not be moved after batteries are loaded)
• Insert the required number of batteries into the charger, making sure the correct polarity is observed (— is uppermost)
• After approximately 2 seconds the Kogan Charger will automatically detect the status of the battery.
• Once battery detection is complete one of the following charging programs will commence.
• Ni-Cd batteries: A characteristic of a Ni-Cd battery is that it suffers from a memory condition which means after repeated topping up of the battery the capacity is significantly reduced. To counteract this effect the Kogan Charger will discharge the battery first (LCD linking “DIS”& energy LCD indicator flashing downward ) whilst LED indicator is illuminated yellow. Once the discharge cycle is completed, the Kogan Charger will begin the quick charge program (LCD blinking “CHA”& energy level indicator flashing upward ) whilst the LED indicator illuminates red. When the battery is fully charged ,( The LCD will show “OK”& energy level indicator showing full) whilst the LED indicator illuminates green.
• Ni-MH & Alkaline batteries: Since neither Ni-MH nor Alkaline batteries have memory characteristics; the Kogan Charger will automatically start the quick charge program. Both LCD & LED will have the same display as for charging Ni-Cd battery.
• Providing the fully charged batteries are not removed form the battery charging bays, The Kogan Charger will automatically trickle charge the battery keeping it at its optimum capacity.
In order to determine the approximate charge times the formula as below can be applied. capacity of the battery x 1.4 = charge time of the battery current of the charger
|<1.4V 2.5 Hours
|<1.4V 5 Hours
|<1.4V 6 Hours
|<1.4V 10 Hours
This product is fully guaranteed to the original purchaser against defects and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, providing the equipment has been operated according to the accompanying instructions. This warranty is not valid if the product has been misused or damaged in way that is beyond our control. This warranty applies only to the product and Kogan is not responsible in any way for losses, damage (either physical or financial) or inconveniences caused by equipment failure.