Kogan Komodo 45L Portable Fridge and Freezer User Manual
Please handle this product with care and inspect it regularly to ensure it is in good working order.
If the product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug and contact Kogan.com support.
Safety and Warnings
- Read all instructions before using the appliance and retain for reference.
- Warning: Do not touch exposed cables with your bare hands.
- Warning: It is dangerous to touch the plug when your hand is wet.
- When using the refrigerator in a vehicle or boat, please make sure the electricity has a fuse if using the mains power.
- DC power source installation in boat must be handled by qualified personnel.
- Make sure the voltage is correct as per the technical data label.
- Do not place any electrical devices inside the refrigerator.
- Do not allow the appliance to be exposed to water, including rain.
- Keep the appliance away from flammable substances.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Young children should be supervised to ensure they don’t play with the appliance.
- Note: The refrigerator requires good ventilation, especially around the back.
- Allow a gap of at least 200mm at the back and 100mm on all other sides.
- Avoid humidity: this can form frost in the appliance and impair cooling.
- Therefore, defrost it before this happens. Never clean the appliance under running water or in dish water.
- Avoid placing the refrigerator near a heat source. This helps the refrigerator to work more efficiently and keep the contents cool.
- Place the refrigerator on a flat surface and away from any edges. When placing the refrigerator into the car, ensure it is secure: use a seat-belt if in the seats.
- Never place hot food or drink in the appliance.
The appliance can shut off the compressor when voltage becomes irregular. When voltage returns to normal, it will resume operation.
With the Low, Med and High positions of the switch, different levels of battery protection can be set.
Cable Length Specification
The DC cables must have a suitable cross-section for their length, according to this table:
- The length is from the battery to the refrigerator.
- AC Max Cable Length 0.75mm2 or 18AWG
- Temperature setting range: -18°C —10°C?
- The LCD Display range: -20°C – 40°C
- Up and down arrows adjust the set temperature.
- Press and hold the on/off button for 3 seconds to turn on and off.
- If the power is unexpectedly cut, the unit will turn off automatically and switch back on with the same settings once power is restored.
If the power source is cut off or disconnected, the unit will switch off automatically and once the power is restored it will automatically switch back on with the same settings.
- Press the Compressor Speed button to set the speed of the compressor. (Max 3000 RPM, ECO (2500 RPM): the LCD light will show which speed is selected.
- Press the Battery Protection button to set the voltage the fridge cuts out at, Low, Med or High. The LCD light will show which voltage is selected.
- Press the Light button: lights on the left and right sides will turn on and the LCD display will illuminate. Press again and the light will turn off. It will turn off automatically after 3 minutes.
Cleaning and Care
- Be sure to cut off all input power before cleaning appliance.
- Clean inside and out with a damp cloth once a week. Sodium bicarbonate can be dissolved in lukewarm water, as a cleaning solution.
- Never use abrasive products, detergents or soap. After washing, rinse with clean water and dry carefully. Do not leave the refrigerator shut off, warm inside, with food inside or lid closed.
- Never clean the appliance under running water or in dish water. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents or hard objects during cleaning as these can damage the refrigerator.
Troubleshooting and Error Codes
When the compressor experiences one of the below issues, it will display the error code and turn off. When the issue is resolved, it will turn on after 2 minutes.
User manual is subject to change without notice. For the latest version of your user manual, please visit https://www.kogan.com/usermanuals/