The LG G5 is the latest in LG's line of flagship phones. It features a 5.3-inch Quad HD display, an 8-megapixel front camera and 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-LED flash, and a fingerprint sensor that is positioned on the back of the phone for easy access. The user guide will walk you through how to set up your new device quickly without any hassle.
Sections in this Manual
About your phone
NOTE: Devices and software are constantly evolving—the screen images and icons you see here are for reference only.
Setting Up Your Phone
Your phone already has a SIM card installed.
Charge Your Phone
Before turning on your phone, charge it fully.
WARNING: Only use approved chargers with your device. Using incompatible chargers or tampering with the charger port could damage your device and void the warranty.
Optional: Insert the microSD card.
- Insert the ejection pin that came with your phone into the hole on the card tray to partially eject the tray from its slot. Carefully pull the card tray out (as shown below).
- Insert the microSD card with the gold contacts facing down and toward the phone (as shown).
- Carefully insert the card tray back into the slot and close it.
NOTE: The microSD card is sold separately.
Your phone comes with the battery installed in the battery module.
Follow the instructions below if you need to replace the battery. You can also use these instructions to move the battery when you attach one of LG’s G5 accessories (sold separately).
- Turn off your phone and hold it with the screen facing you.
- Press the module release button to release the battery module and then pull it out to remove it from your phone.
- While holding the lower part of the battery module, pull it in an outward arc (as shown) to disconnect the battery terminals.
- With the arrows on both the battery and the battery module facing toward you, firmly connect the battery terminals to the module.
- With the battery aligned with the edge of the phone (as shown), carefully slide the battery and battery module into the phone until it’s securely closed.
Using Your Phone
Turning Your Phone On/off
To turn your phone on, press and hold the Power/
Press and hold the Power/Lock button again, tap Power off, and then tap POWER OFF to turn it off.
Locking/unlocking The Screen
- To turn on your screen, press the Power/Lock button.
- Then swipe up on the screen to unlock it.
- To turn off your screen and prevent accidental button presses, press the Power/Lock button.
Home Screen Mode
You can select one of the two modes: Home or
EasyHome. Instructions in this guide are written based on the Home mode.
Home mode is for users who are familiar with Android.
EasyHome mode is a simplified experience for the first-time smartphone user.
- From the Home screen, swipe left (if necessary); then tap Settings > Home screen > Select Home.
- Choose the mode you want to use.
You can make High-Definition Voice and Video Calls, and surf the web while you talk on the phone when you add Advanced Calling to your line. Visit verizonwireless.com/AdvancedCalling to learn how.
Copying Content From Your Old Phone
For help transferring contacts, photos and other content from your old phone, visit verizonwireless.com/cloud.
Managing Your Account
Your wireless device and third-party services
Hearing aid compatibility information
This phone has been tested and rated for use with hearing aids for some of the wireless technologies that it uses. However, there may be some newer technologies that have not been tested yet for use with hearing aids. It is important to try the different features of this phone thoroughly and in different locations, using your hearing aid or cochlear implant, to determine if you hear any interfering noise. Ask your service provider or the manufacturer of this phone for information on hearing aid compatibility. If you have questions about return or exchange policies, ask your service provider or phone retailer.
MBM65407201 (1.0) H
This booklet is made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
This booklet is printed with soy ink. Printed in Korea
© 2016 Verizon Wireless. All Rights Reserved.