mophie juice pack air
Thank you for purchasing the mophie juice pack air. You will now be able to travel great distances; be the master of your own destiny, no longer bound by the limitations of your iPhone internal battery. Let’s get juiced!
- mophie juice pack air
- Micro USB Cable
- Pass-through Headphone Adapter
The mophie juice pack air extends the battery life of your iPhone for hours with up to 100% more power to rock, talk, surf, and send and provides a comfortable ergonomic design with the complete protection of a hard shell case.
Here’s a rundown of why the juice pack air is so fantastic:
- (Take a breath) Ergonomic, form-fitting, fully protective ultra-impact-resistant case-and-battery in- one for iPhone.
- An integrated standby switch allows you to charge (green) whenever you need it. However, in standby mode (red), you still have the full protection of a case.
- Sync wirelessly when your iPhone and computer are on the same Wi-Fi network just by flipping the juice pack to charging mode.
- Included pass-through headphone adapter allows you to use any style headphones while your iPhone is in the juice pack.
- Track battery power at a glance with an integrated four-light LED indicator. You can keep tabs on charging status and current battery life. Know before you go!
- The included micro USB cable allows you to charge your phone while refilling your juice pack at the same time. Really, you’ll never need to remove the juice pack from your phone.
- Rechargeable for over 500 full cycles. Our case is built to last, letting you do more, longer.
- Smart battery technology actually instructs the iPhone to drain power out the juice pack first. When you’re done with the juice pack, you can still have a fully charged iPhone.
- The juice pack offers complete protection from top to bottom. No more choosing between protection and power.
- Built-in short circuit, over-charge, and temperature protection letting you charge with confidence. Safety First!
The juice pack air was designed and intended solely for the Apple iPhone 5. Please do not attempt to use the product with any other device.
The juice pack comes charged and ready to go but after the initial use, normal charging will take only 2 to 3 hours for maximum power. You can charge it by itself or while the iPhone is inserted.
Charging your juice pack
Connect the included micro USB cable to the bottom of your juice pack. The USB cable can be plugged in to your computer or any power source with a USB out, like the standard USB wall adaptor included with your phone. The LEDs located on the back of the device will blink for 30 seconds to indicate the juice pack has begun charging. When the LEDs stop blinking, it does not mean the case has stopped charging. You can check the charging status by pushing the status button next to the LED lights; the juice pack is fully charged when all four LEDs light up.
Charging your iPhone 5 using the juice pack
If your iPhone is drained of power or if you want to extend the battery life of your phone, slide the iPhone into the juice pack.
Make sure that the connector is securely inserted into the bottom of the phone and the standby switch is turned “On,” or from red to green. When your phone recognizes the juice pack, a battery symbol will appear on the screen and you will hear a chirp from the iPhone. This indicates that the phone is charging and/or using the power from the juice pack rather than from the phone itself. If your iPhone is drained of power, the juice pack will immediately begin charging your phone when flipping from standby to charging mode. If your iPhone is fully charged, the juice pack will act as your primary battery and no power will be lost from the iPhone internal battery until the juice pack is depleted.
Checking the status of the juice pack
To check the battery status of the juice pack, press the status button located on the back of the device. When pressed, the LED lights will illuminate for several seconds. Four LEDs means that the juice pack is fully charged. One LED means that it is almost empty. Know before you go.
Switching your juice pack to standby mode
The switch on the back of the juice back allows you to choose between standby mode and charging mode. Both modes are indicated by a colored dot: red for standby and green for charging. To use your phone’s internal battery, flip the switch to standby mode. When your internal battery is low, flick the switch “On,” or green, and your iPhone will begin charging immediately.
Note: Using the standby switch will give you even more total battery life. The iPhone uses additional power to be on a constant charge. Charging when your battery is low will let you get the most power of out the juice pack.
To keep your juice pack operating to its fullest potential, we recommend the following:
- Keep your juice pack dry and away from moisture and corrosive materials.
- Do not wash the juice pack with harsh chemicals, soaps or detergents. Just wipe the case with a soft, water-dampened cloth. Wipe the pins gently with a soft, dry cloth.
- Recharge your juice pack once every three months when not in use. Charge it for one hour before if you plan on putting it away
At mophie, we are dedicated to making the best quality products we can. To back this up, your mophie juice pack is warranted for 1 full year from the date of purchase. This warranty does not affect any statutory rights that you may be entitled to. Keep a copy of your purchase receipt as proof of purchase. Be sure to register your product at mophie. com to activate. Failure to register your product and/ or provide proof of purchase may void the warranty.
International: +1 (269) 743-1340
Service Hours: 9am to 6pm M-F EST
Read all instructions and warnings prior to using this product. Improper use of this product may result in product damage, excess heat, toxic fumes, fire or explosion, for which damages you (“Purchaser”), and not mophie, LLC (“Manufacturer”) are responsible.
- Do not store battery in high temperature environment, including intense sunlight heat. Do not place battery in fire or other excessively hot environments.
- Be cautious of excessive drops, bumps, abrasions, or other impacts to this battery. If there is any damage to the battery such as dents, punctures, tears, deformities, or corrosion due to any cause, discontinue use. Contact manufacturer or dispose of it in an appropriate manner at your local battery-recycling center.
- Do not disassemble this battery or attempt to re-purpose or modify it in any manner.
- Do not expose this battery to moisture orsubmerge it in liquid. Keep battery dry at all times.
- Do not attempt to charge battery using any method, apparatus, or connection other than the device’s USB connector. For questions or instructions for the various ways to charge the juice pack refer to this manual’s “Charging your iPhone 5 using the juice pack” section.
- Do not attempt to replace any part of this battery.
- If this battery is intended by Purchaser to be used by a minor, purchasing adult agrees to provide detailed instructions and warnings to any minor prior to use. Failure to do so is sole responsibility of purchaser, who agrees to
indemnify Manufacturer for any unintended use/misuse by a minor.
- All batteries have gone through a thorough quality assurance inspection. If you find that your battery is excessively hot, is emitting odor, is deformed, abrased, cut, or is experiencing or demonstrating an abnormal phenomenon, immediately stop all battery use and contact Manufacturer.
- For extended storage, first charge your battery for one hour.
- Never dispose of batteries in the garbage. Disposal of batteries in the garbage is unlawful under state and federal environmental laws and regulations. Always take used batteries to your local battery-recycling center.
This battery is meant for use only in conjunction with the appropriate mobile device. Please consult your device packaging to determine whether this battery is compatible with your particular mobile device. Manufacturer is not responsible for any damages to any mobile device incurred through the use of this product.
Manufacturer shall not in any way be liable to you or to any third party for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of use, intended or unintended, or misuse of this battery in conjunction with any device or accessory other than the appropriate mobile device for which this battery is designed. Manufacturer will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of misuse of this battery as outlined above. If you are responsible for battery use with an unintended mobile device and damages result from such use, you agree to indemnify Manufacturer for any resulting injuries to any third part(ies). mophie, mophie juice pack, juice pack, mophie juice pack air, juice pack air, and the mophie logo are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and are registered and pending in other countries. mophie loves you is a pending trademark in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone and Lightning are trademarks of Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Patents: mophie.com/patents. This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment
off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced technician for help.
CAUTION: To comply with the limits of the Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules, this device is comply with Class B limits. All peripherals must be shielded and grounded. Operation with noncertified peripherals or non-shielded cables may result in interference to radio or reception.
MODIFICATION: Any changes or modifications of this device could void the warranty.
How does it work?
The mophie juice pack has a rechargeable lithium polymer battery inside. When you slide your phone into the case, a connector at the base plugs into the port at the bottom of phone. Flip the standby switch on the back from red to green to start charging your phone. After using up all the power in the juice pack, just recharge it with the included micro USB cable for more on-the-go power. It’s as easy as that.
Why aren’t the LEDs blinking while the juice pack is charging?
After connecting to a power source, the LED status indicator will start blinking to indicate charging. The lights will turn off after 30 seconds allowing for a good night’s rest. Remember to check the status indicator before you disconnect. When all four LEDs are lit, your juice pack is fully charged.
What is the best method for charging my iPhone using the juice pack?
Assuming the iPhone and juice pack are both fully charged, we recommend waiting until your iPhone has 20% battery left. When you’re in the red, flip the standby switch to green and let the juice pack to do the heavy lifting. The iPhone requires more power to charge past 80%, so if you want to get the greatest battery boost from the juice pack, we suggest flipping back to standby mode until your phone battery is low again. This isn’t the end-all-be-all, but we like it.
What is the best method for charging my juice pack?
Connect the juice pack to a power source using the micro USB cable that came with your juice pack. The USB cable can be plugged in to your computer or any “Made for iPhone” power source with a USB out. You do not need to remove your iPhone from the juice pack to charge. Leaving the juice pack on your phone while charging will actually charge both the case and your iPhone simultaneously!
How many charge cycles do you get out of the juice pack? Or, in other words, how long will the juice pack last?
The juice pack is rechargeable for over 500 full cycles. A full cycle is when the case is charged from 0% to 100%. Partial cycles, like charging from 25% to 100%, will not count as a full cycle until all of the partials equal 100%. After 500 cycles, the battery in the juice pack may provide less than 75% of the original capacity. This is normal for any product with a lithium polymer battery.
What are the benefits of switching the juice pack to standby mode?
Using the standby switch will give you the biggest battery boost from the juice pack. The iPhone uses additional power to be on a constant charge, so charging when your phone battery is low will let you get the most from your juice pack.
Can I sync my iPhone while the juice pack is still attached?
Yep. You can sync wirelessly if your iPhone and laptop are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Just flip your powered juice pack to charging mode or connect to any USB power source. Pretty cool, huh?
What is mophie’s return policy?
mophie reserves the right to claim a 20% restocking fee upon return. Visit mophie.com for a full “Return Policy.”
Will I always receive 100% extra the battery life with my juice pack?
We cannot guarantee that you will receive a 100% battery boost. The amount of additional battery you will receive depends on a variety of factors that are different for every user.
Does the juice pack block the speaker, microphone, camera, or any other ports?
Of course not. In fact, the juice pack is designed to act as a virtual speaker box! Sound is redirected from the bottom of the phone to the front resulting in a richer, fuller sound quality.
Does the juice pack interfere with antenna reception?
Not a chance.