The kettle is a device used for boiling water. The device is not suitable for boiling liquids other than water. The maximum
capacity of the kettle is 1.8 litres.
- On/off button / On/off indicator
- Water level indicator
- Analog thermometer
- Anti-scale filter
- Read the manual carefully before use. Keep the manual for future reference
- The manufacturer is not liable for consequential damages or for damages to property or persons caused by nonobservance of the safety instructions and improper use of the device.
- The device can be used by children from 8 years and above and by persons with a physical, sensory, mental or motorial disability, or lack of experience and knowledge if they are supervised or instructed on how to use the device in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless they are older than 8 years and supervised. Keep the device and the mains cable out of the reach of children younger than 8 years. Children shall not play with the device.
- Only use the device for its intended purposes. Do not use the device for other purposes than described in the manual.
- Do not use the device if any part is damaged or defective. If the device is damaged or defective, replace the device immediately.
- The device is suitable for indoor use only. Do not use the device outdoors.
- The device is suitable for domestic use only. Do not use the device for commercial purposes.
- Do not use the device near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water.
- Do not immerse the device in water or other liquids. If the device is immersed in water or other liquids, do not remove the device with your hands. Immediately remove the mains plug from the wall socket. If the device is immersed in water or other liquids, do not use the device again.
- Only use the device in frost-free environments.
- Place the device on a stable, flat surface.
- Place the device on a heat-resistant and splash-proof surface.
- Do not place the device on a hob.
- Do not cover the device.
- Make sure that there is sufficient space around the device to allow heat to escape and provide sufficient ventilation.
- Make sure that the device does not come into contact with flammable material.
- Keep the device away from heat sources. Do not place the device on hot surfaces or near open flames.
- Beware of hot parts. The accessible surfaces can become hot when the device is operating. The outer surface can become hot when the device is operating.
- Be careful with hot water and steam to avoid burns.
- Do not leave the device unattended during use.
- Do not move the device while it is switched on or is still hot. Remove the mains plug from the wall socket and allow the device to cool down completely.
- Only use the device with the supplied base.
- Only switch on the device when it is filled with water.
- To reduce risk of electric shock, this product should only be opened by an authorized technician when service is required.
- Disconnect the product from the mains and other equipment if a problem should occur.
- Do not use the device if the mains cable or mains plug is damaged or defective. If the mains cable or mains plug is damaged or defective, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or an authorized repair agent.
- Before use, always check that the mains voltage is the same as the voltage on the rating plate of the device.
- Connect the device to an earthed wall socket. If necessary, use an earthed extension cable of a suitable diameter.
- Always fully unwind the mains cable and the extension cable.
- The device is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
- Do not move the device by pulling the mains cable. Make sure that the mains cable cannot become entangled. Make sure that the mains cable does not hang over the edge of a worktop and cannot be caught accidentally or tripped over.
- Do not immerse the device, the mains cable or the mains plug in water or other liquids.
- Do not leave the device unattended while the mains plug is connected to the mains supply.
- To clean the inside of the device, fill the kettle with water and boil the water. Refer to the section “Hints for use”. Discard the water without using it for consumption or other purposes. Repeat the process 2 to 4 times to remove any characteristic smell.
- Clean the device and the accessories. Refer to the section “Cleaning and maintenance”.
Hints for use
- Do not open the lid during use.
- Before filling the kettle with water, remove the kettle from the base.
- Only use cold tap water. Do not use carbonated water or other liquids.
- Make sure that the water level does not exceed the maximum mark on the water level indicator. If the water level is above the maximum mark, the kettle will boil over and hot water will spray out.
- Do not remove the kettle from the base until the device has been switched off.
- Remove the kettle from the base.
- Open the lid.
- Fill the kettle with water.
- Close the lid.
- Place the kettle onto the base.
- Insert the mains plug into the wall socket.
- To switch on the device, set the on/off switch to the “I” position. The on/off indicator comes on. The device starts boiling the water.
- If the process is completed, the device switches off automatically. The on/off indicator goes off.
- Remove the mains plug from the wall socket.
- Allow the device to cool down completely.
Cleaning and maintenance
- Before cleaning or maintenance, switch off the device, remove the mains plug from the wall socket and wait until the device has cooled down.
- Do not immerse the device in water or other liquids.
- Do not clean the device or the accessories in the dishwasher.
- Do not use cleaning solvents or abrasives.
- Do not use sharp objects.
- Do not attempt to repair the device. If the device does not operate correctly, replace it with a new device.
- Regularly remove limescale deposits from the device using a suitable descaling agent.
- Clean the outside of the device using a soft, damp cloth. Thoroughly dry the outside of the device with a clean, dry cloth.
- Clean the base with a clean, dry cloth.
If you need further help or have comments or suggestions please visit www.nedis.com/support
NEDIS B.V., De Tweeling 28, 5215 MC ‘s-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands