TAOTRONICS Air Purifier User Guide
- Control Panel
- Air Outlet
- Dust Sensor
- Power Cord
- Rear Grille
This product should be used only in accordance with the specifications outlined in this User Guide. Usage other than what has been specified here may result in serious injury.
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions before using the appliance.
- IMPORTANT – This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to rig this safety feature.
- To avoid fire or shock hazard, plug the appliance directly into a right AC electrical outlet.
- Keep the cord out of heavy traffic areas. To avoid fire hazard, NEVER put the cord under rugs, near heat registers, radiator, stoves, or heaters.
- To protect against electrical hazards, DO NOT immerse in water or other liquids. Do not use near water.
- Children cannot recognize the hazards associated with the usage of electrical appliances. For this reason, always supervise children when they are near the unit.
- Always unplug the air purifier before moving it, opening the grille, changing filters, cleaning or whenever the air purifier is not in use. Be sure to pull by the plug, not the cord.
- NEVER drop or insert any objects into any openings.
- DO NOT run the cord under carpeting.
- DO NOT cover the cord with throw rugs or similar coverings.
- DO NOT route the cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange the cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
- DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, if the motor fan fails to rotate, after the appliance malfunctions, or if it has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Send to Customer Service for assistance.
- Use appliance only for intended household purposes as described in this manual. Any other use is not recommended that may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- DO NOT place anything on top of the unit.
- NEVER block the air openings, grille / outlets or place the unit on a soft surface such as a bed or sofa, as this could cause the unit to tip over, blocking the air inlet or outlet.
- DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or mechanical functions on this unit. Doing so will void your warranty. The inside of the unit contains no user serviceable parts. All servicing should be performed by qualified personnel only.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not use this purifier with any solid-state speed control device.
|EU / UK: 50W US / CA: 0.5A, 60W
|32.5 x 17.2 x 50 cm / 12.8 x 6.8 x 19.7 in
|5.7 kg / 201.1 oz
Operations and Functions
Connecting to a power source, all the indicators on the control panel will flash once and a beep sound will be heard. The product is in standby mode now.
- Power Button
Press the Power Button to turn on / off the unit.
- Fan Speed Button
- Press the Fan Button to cycle through Turbo/ High /Middle / Low wind modes.
- Press and hold it for 3 seconds to enter automatic wind mode where all the wind indicators will light up.
- Timer Button
Press the Timer Button to set 1h, 2h, 4h, 8h timer and turn the timer off.
- Sleep Button
Press the Sleep Button to turn on the sleep mode. In sleep mode, all the indicators except the sleep indicator will turn off. Press twice to turn off the sleep mode.
- ION Button
Press the ION Button to activate or turn off the ION mode.
- Change Filter Reminder
- Change the filter when this indicator flashes.
- Press and hold the ION Button for 3 seconds to reset the unit after Installing of the new filter.
- when the unit is on, the Air Quality indicator will light up to show the current air quality:
Air Quality Indicator Green Orange Red Air Quality Good Moderate Unhealthy
- To achieve better purification, make sure to keep the purifier 30 centimeters / 11.8 inches away from walls, furniture and so on and at least 50 centimeters / 19.7 inches away from metals / electrical appliances.
- In sleep mode, press the Sleep Button once to check the current settings. Press twice to turn off the sleep mode.
- In automatic wind mode, the unit will adjust the fan speed according to the results read by the dust sensor (dust concentration).
Installing and Removing the Filter
- Use soft brushes to dust off the filter regularly for better purification. Don’t wash it with water.
- Replace the filter when the Change Filter Reminder flashes:
- Unplug the power source.
- Remove the rear grille.
- Take out the old filter by pulling the tabs.
- Install a new or the cleaned filter and put the rear grille back on.
- Press and hold the ION Button for 3 seconds to reset the unit. The Change Filter Reminder will turn off.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Clean the purifier at least once every month with a clean, dry, soft cloth. More frequent cleaning may be required depending on environmental conditions.
- Do NOT stick any foreign objects or your fingers inside of the unit.
- Do NOT use gasoline, benzene, and other abrasive or harsh cleaners, etc. on and/or in the unit while cleaning as they will damage the product.
- NEVER use alcohol or other solvents.
Maintaining the Filters
The True HEPA filter should be cleaned once each month by a vacuum cleaner.
- Filter should be replaced at least once each 3 to 6 months. More frequent cleaning and replacing may be required depending on environmental conditions.
- The air purifier works the best in a closed environment. Its performance may be compromised in a well-ventilated room.
- Air the filters under the sun for an hour before using it again if the purifier has not been used for a long time.
Warranty and Service
This product is covered with TaoTronics product and labor warranty for 12 months from the date of its original purchase.
If any problems occur, please contact the TaoTronics Customer Care Centre via the contact information listed in this User Guide.
We can only provide after sales service for products that are sold by TaoTronics or TaoTronics authorized retailers and distributors. If you have purchased your unit from a different place, please contact your seller for return and warranty issues.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Correct Disposal of This Product (Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment) (Applicable in countries with separate collection systems) This marking on the product, accessories or literature indicates that the product and its electronic accessories should not be disposed of with other household waste at the end of their working life. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, please separate these items from other types of waste and recycle them responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. Household users should contact either the retailer where they purchased this product, or their local government office, for details of where and how they can take these items for environmentally safe recycling. Business users should contact their supplier and check the terms and conditions of the purchase contract. This product and its electronic accessories should not be mixed with other commercial wastes for disposal.
E-mail: [email protected]
Manufacturer: Shenzhen NearbyExpress Technology Development Co.,Ltd. Address: Floor 7, Building E, Galaxy World Phase II, Shenzhen, China Learn more about the EU Declaration of Conformity: https://www.taotronics.com/pages/user-manual
MADE IN CHINA