Whynter Stainless Steel Cigar Cooler Humidor
Your safety and the safety of others are very important to us.
This is the Safety Alert Symbol. This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that may result in serious injury. All safety messages will follow the Safety Alert Symbol and either the words” DANGER” or “WARNING”.
Danger means that failure to heed this safety statement may result in severe injury or death.
Warning means that failure to heed this safety statement may result in extensive product damage, serious injury, or death.
Caution means that failure to heed this safety statement may result in minor or moderate injury, or property or equipment damage.
All safety messages will alert you to know what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and let you know what can happen if the instructions are not followed.
Before the appliance is used, it must be properly positioned and installed as described in this manual, please read the manual carefully. To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury when using the appliance, follow basic precaution, including the following:
- Plug into a grounded 3-prong outlet, do not remove grounding prong, do not use an adapter, and do not use an extension cord.
- Do not use if the power supply cord is damaged. If damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified electrician.
- It is recommended that a separate circuit, serving only your appliance be provided. Use receptacles that cannot be turned off by a switch or pull chain.
- Never clean appliance parts with flammable fluids or harsh chemicals. These fumes can create a fire hazard or explosion.
- Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of the appliance or any other appliance.
- Before proceeding with cleaning and maintenance operations, make sure to unplug the appliance.
- Do not connect or disconnect the electric plug with wet hands.
- Do not attempt to repair or replace any part of your appliance unless it is specifically recommended in this manual. All other servicing should be referred to a qualified technician.
WARNING: FOLLOW WARNING CALL OUTS BELOW ONLY WHEN APPLICABLE TO YOUR MODEL
- Use two or more people to move and install the appliance. Failure to do so can result in injury.
- When positioning the cigar cooler humidor, ensure that there is . This will allow for adequate ventilation of any heat generated by the cigar cooler humidor.
- It is recommended you install the appliance in a place where the ambient temperature is between 68º-80ºF. This appliance must be installed in an area protected from the element, such as wind, rain, water spray or drips.
- The appliance should not be located next to ovens, grills or other sources of high heat.
- The appliance must be installed with all electrical connections in accordance with state and local codes.
- The fuse (or circuit breaker) size should be 15 amperes.
- It is important for the appliance to be leveled in order to work properly. For a stable installation, make sure the appliance is placed on a flat, level and solid surface.
- Ensure that the surface on which the appliance is placed is strong enough to hold the appliance and the items stored inside.
- This appliance is not intended for use by young children or physically-challenged persons without supervision/assistance. Young children must be supervised to ensure safety around this or any appliance.
- Do not use solvent-based cleaning agents of abrasives on the interior. These cleaners may damage or discolor the interior.
- Keep fingers out of the “pinch point” areas. Clearance between the doors and between the doors and cabinet are necessarily small. Be careful closing doors when children are in the area.
- The temperature range for this cigar cooler humidor designed to store and age cigars within the optimal humidity range of 62 % to 75% at a room temperature.
- Close the cigar cooler humidor immediately after putting in any items to keep the internal temperature relatively constant.
- Avoid placing any objects on top of the appliance.
- This is an electrical appliance, to avoid injury from electrical shock do not operate the unit with wet hands, while standing on a wet surface or while standing in water. Do not use outdoors or in wet conditions.
- When positioning or moving the appliance, ensure that it is not turned up side down or unleveled greater than 45°.
- Never pull the power cord to disconnect it from the outlet. Grasp the plug and pull it from the outlet.
- Never lift, carry or drag the appliance by the power cord.
- This appliance is designed for household, non-commercial use only. Any other use will void the warranty.
- Do not plug into the power outlet before set up is completed.
- Do not cut or remove the ground prong from the power cord.
- Do not move this appliance without emptying it and securing the door in a closed position.
Parts and Controls
- Hinge Cover 1
- Temperature Control
- Light Switch
- Light 13. Temperature Display
- Door Seal
- Internal Fan
- Glass Door
- Removable Spanish cedar drawers and shelves
- Stainless Steel Door Frame
- Leveling Legs ( 3 big, 1 small under door hinge
- Temperature Display
- Up Button
- Down Button
- Light Switch
- Humidity Tray
Introduction to Cigar Cooler Humidors
Our Whynter Cigar Cooler Humidor is designed to store and age cigars within the optimal humidity range 62% to 75% at room temperature. Our humidors contain a humidification system and equipped with a hygrometer which helps maintain the desired level of humidity. In addition to its main purpose of storing, preserving and aging cigars for a number of years, Whynter Cigar Cooler Humidor is also an attractive and elegant piece of appliance.
CHC-120S : 1.2 cu. ft
CHC-251S : 2.5 cu. ft
- Freestanding setup
- Vibration-free thermoelectric cooling
- Stainless steel trimmed glass door with sleek black cabinet
- Professional quality towel bar handle
- Removable Spanish cedar drawers and shelves
CHC-120S – 2 flat shelves, 1 drawer
CHC-251S – 4 flat shelves, 2 drawers
- Adjustable thermostat with temperature range from 50ºF – 66ºF
- Enhanced LCD temperature display
- Soft interior LED lighting with on/off switch
- Solid state components for long life- the only moving parts are fans to circulate air for even temperature distribution
- Internal fan-forced circulation for even temperature distribution throughout the cabinet
- ETL Certified
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Read all instructions before using the appliance.
- DANGER or WARNING: An empty cigar cooler humidor can be a hazardous for children or small pets. If disposing of the cigar cooler humidor, remove gasket seals, latches, lids or the entire door from your unused appliance, or take other action to ensure the appliance is harmless.
- Never allow children to operate, play with, or crawl inside the appliance.
- Never clean appliance parts with flammable fluids or harsh chemicals. The fumes can create a fire hazard or explosion.
- Do not store or use gasoline or any other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any other appliance. The fumes can create a fire hazard or explosion.
BEFORE USING YOUR APPLIANCE
- Remove the exterior and interior packing.
- Clean the interior surface with lukewarm water using a soft cloth.
- Install the handle on the door
To install the handle, you will need a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Open the door.
- Locate the two screw holes on the inside of the door (they may be partially obscured by the door seal so you may need to remove the door seal).
- Insert the screws into the screw holes until they stick out of the front of the door.
- Line up the holes in the handle with the screws and give each screw about 2-4 full turns into the handle bar.
- Now the turn the screws in all the way, and your handles are installed.
- Replace seal into door frame.
INSTALLATION OF YOUR APPLIANCE
- The appliance is designed for a free standing installation.
- WARNING: Do not store or install the appliance outdoors.
- CAUTION: This appliance is designed for designed to storing and aging cigars . Do not store perishable food, medicine or other medical products.
- Place your appliance on a hard and level floor that is strong enough to support it when it is fully loaded.
- To level your appliance, adjust the leveling legs at the bottom of the appliance if needed.
- When positioning the appliance, ensure that there is. This will allow for adequate ventilation of any heat generated by appliance.
- We do not recommend installing the appliance on carpet.
- Do not install the appliance near an oven or other heating source. Direct sunlight may affect the acrylic coating and heat sources may increase electrical consumption. For best performance, do not install the appliance behind a cabinet door or block the base grille. Extreme cold ambient temperatures may also cause the appliance not to perform properly.
- Avoid locating the appliance in area that may be exposed to excessive moisture.
- Plug in the appliance into an exclusive, grounded wall power outlet. Do not under any circumstances cut or remove the third (ground) prong from the power cord. Any questions concerning power and/or grounding should be directed toward a qualified electrician or an authorized service center.
This appliance requires a standard 115/120 Volt AC ~/60Hz electrical ground outlet with three-prong.
Have the wall outlet and circuit checked by a qualified electrician to make sure the outlet is properly grounded. The cord should be secured behind the appliance and not left exposed or dangling to prevent accidental injury.
The appliance should always be plugged into its own individual electrical outlet which has a voltage rating that matches the rating label on the appliance. This provides the best performance and also prevent overloading house wiring circuits that could cause a fire hazard from overheated. Never unplug the appliance by pulling the power cord. Always grip the plug firmly and pull straight out from the receptacle. Repair or replace immediately all power cords that have become frayed or otherwise damaged. Do not use a cord that shows cracks or abrasion damage along its length or at either end. When moving the appliance, be careful not to damage the power cord.
Because of potential safety hazards, it is strongly recommended that you do not use an extension cord with this appliance. However, if you must use an extension cord, it is absolutely necessary that it be a UL/CUL-Listed, 3-wire grounding type appliance extension cord having a grounding type plug and outlet and that the electrical rating of the cord be 115 volts and at least 10 amperes.
Operation and Controls
It is recommended you install the appliance in a place where the ambient temperature is between 68º-80ºF.
If the ambient temperature is above or below recommended temperatures, the performance may be affected.
For example, placing your appliance in extreme cold or hot conditions may cause interior temperatures to fluctuate.
SETTING THE TEMPERATURE
The interior temperature can be adjusted in increments of 1 degree (50°F – 66°F for CHC-120S and 54°F – 66°F for CHC-251S). You can set the temperature by pressing the Up and Down buttons on the control panel. Keeping to a storage temperature of between 50/54°F – 66°F is essential for preserving the quality of cigars .
You can turn on and off the interior light by pressing the “Light” button on the control panel.
LEVELING THE APPLIANCE
It is important for your appliance to be leveled in order to work properly. It can be raised or lowered by rotating each of the feet on the bottom of the machine. If you find that the surface is not level, rotate the feet until the appliance becomes level .You may need to make several adjustments to level it. We recommend using a carpenter’s level to check the machine.
Note: This unit has 3 large levelling legs and 1 small levelling leg under the door hinge.
- Place a carpenter’s level on top of the product to see if the appliance is level from front to back and side to side.
- Adjust the height of the feet as follows: Turn the leveling feet to the right to lower that side of the refrigerator. Turn the leveling feet to the left to raise that side of the refrigerator.
- This appliance is equipped with a system for maintaining the correct level of humidity. Fill the humidity tray (small plastic reservoir) to about ¾ full with 100% distilled water, then place it onto the runners found on the top shelf of the appliance. Check the water level regularly and refill as necessary.
- Please ensure the reservoir is positioned correctly on the runners on the top shelf to avoid the possibility of water spillage.
This unit is equipped with a hygrometer, which is a gauge used to measure humidity levels inside the humidor. It is recommended to maintain a humidity level of 62% to 75% inside of a humidor to properly preserve and age cigars.
Care and Maintenance
CLEANING YOUR APPLIANCE
- Turn off the power, unplug the appliance, and remove all cigars from the appliance and store them in a suitable place.
- Clean the inside, the door seal and the inside of the glass with a clean, damp cloth.
- Never use detergents or other substances that emit odors.
- Always keep the door closed when cleaning the outside of the appliance. Make sure no detergent odors penetrate into the appliance.
- Clean the side panels and door surfaces with a clean and soft cloth. If necessary, use a moist cloth. Alternatively, use a microfiber cloth.
- The humidity tray should be hand-washed with water and detergent. After cleaning, always make sure the tray is thoroughly rinsed with clean water before replacing.
- Short vacations: Leave the appliance operating during vacations of less than two days.
- Long vacations: If the appliance will not be used for an extended period, remove all items and turn off the appliance. Clean and dry the interior thoroughly.
MOVING YOUR APPLIANCE
- Remove all items inside the appliance.
- Securely tape down (we recommend using painter’s tape) all loose items (shelves) inside your appliance.
- Turn the adjustable leg up to the base to avoid damage.
- Tape (we recommend using painter’s tape) the door shut.
- Be sure the appliance stays secure in the upright position during transportation and protect the exterior of appliance with a blanket, or similar item.
PREPARING FOR STORAGE
If the appliance will not be used for a long time, or is to be moved to another place, it will be necessary to defrost the unit and dry the interior:
- Disconnect the appliance from the power supply by removing the power plug from the wall socket.
- Leave the door open to allow for air circulation and to prevent mold, mildew and unpleasant smells.
CAUTION: Store the unit out of the reach of children. If you have children, you may want to take additional precautions such as removing the door to prevent a child from being trapped inside the appliance.
ENERGY SAVING TIPS
- The appliance should be located in the coolest area of the room, away from heat producing appliances, and out of any direct sunlight.
- Ensure that the appliance is adequately ventilated. Never obstruct the air vents.
- Close the door tightly and do not open the appliance too frequently or for a long period of time.
- Store the content in an organized way.
- Do not over-fill the appliance to allow air to circulate.
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
This WHYNTER Cigar Cooler Humidor is warranted, to the original owner within the 48 continental states, for one year from the date of purchase against defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. Should your WHYNTER Cigar Cooler Humidor prove defective within one year from the date of purchase, return the defective part or unit, freight prepaid (within two months of purchase; after two months to one year, customer will be responsible for freight cost to Whynter’s service department), along with an explanation of the claim to Whynter LLC. Please package the Cigar Cooler Humidor carefully in its original packaging material to avoid damage in transit. Please retain the original box and packaging material. Under this warranty, Whynter will repair or replace any parts found defective. This warranty is not transferable. After the expiration of the warranty, the cost of labor and parts will be the responsibility of the original owner of the unit.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Acts of God, such as fire, flood, hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes.
- Damage, accidental or otherwise, to the Cigar Cooler Humidor while in the possession of a consumer not caused by a defect in material or workmanship;
- Damage caused by consumer misuse, tampering, or failure to follow the care and special handling provisions in the instructions.
- Damage to the finish of the case, or other appearance parts caused by wear.
- Damage caused by repairs or alterations to the product by anyone other than authorized by the manufacturer.
- Freight and Insurance cost for the warranty service.
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF REMEDIES
CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR OR
REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. CLAIMS BASED ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW, BUT NOT LESS THAN ONE YEAR. WHYNTER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES SUCH AS PROPERTY DAMAGE AND INCIDENTAL EXPENSES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF THIS WRITTEN LIMITED WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY. SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSE- QUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LIMITATIONS ON THE DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
To obtain service or information, contact Whynter LLC via email at [email protected] or call 866 WHYNTER.