PLEASE READ AND SAVE THESE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
When using any electrical appliance, always follow these basic safety precautions:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE.
WARNING- To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or serious personal injury:
- Always ensure the product is unplugged from the electrical outlet before relocating, assembling. disassembling, or cleaning it. Always unplug the product from the electrical outlet when it is not in
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliances by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Keep the product out of the reach of children and pets. This product is not intended for use by Close supervision is necessary when using this appliance near children.
- Do not leave the product unattended while it is in use, especially when children are present.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter or touch hot surfaces including the stove.
- Do not immerse the power cord, plug, or product in water or other liquids. if the product falls into the water. immediately unplug it from the electrical outlet. Do not touch or reach Into the water.
- Keep the Power Cord and product away from heated surfaces.
- The use of attachments, including canning jars, not recommended or sold by the product manufacturer may cause a risk of injury to persons.
- Handle the blades with care as they are extremely sharp. Use caution when attaching or detaching the
- Care is needed when handling cutting blades, especially when removing the blade from the jug. emptying the jug and during cleaning.
- Do not touch moving parts (e.g., the blades) while the product is in use.
Warning: Do not touch the cutting blades or insert any object, such as knives, forks, spoons, etc. into the jug while the blender is in operation Keep hands and utensils away from the moving blades while operating the product. A scraper may be used but only when the product is not operating.
- Do not plug/unplug the product into/from the electrical outlet with a wet hand.
- To disconnect the product from an electrical outlet, pull directly on the plug: do not pull on the power
- Always operate the product with the cover in place.
- DO NOT process boiling liquids or hot ingredients. Allow hot ingredients to cool before placing them in the glass jar.
- Never place the blade assembly on the base unless attached to the Jar.
- Do not put any stress on the power cord where it connects to the product, as the power cord could fray and break.
- Never operate the blender when the jug is empty and DO NOT remove the jug lid before the blades come to a complete stop.
- Switch OFF the appliance and disconnect from the mains power supply before changing accessories or approaching parts that move in use.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified electrical person in order to avoid a hazard or the product must be disposed of.
- Misuse may cause injury.
- This appliance is intended to be used in households only.
Warning! The maximum operating time is I minute. Allow it to rest for at least 2 minutes before using it again. After S cycles of operation. allow the blender (electric motor) to cool down to room temperature. allow It to cool down for approx. 30 minutes before using it again.
CAUTION— To reduce the risk of personal injury or product/property damage:
- This product is intended for indoor, non-commercial, non-industrial use in processing foods for human consumption. Do not use the product outdoors or for any other purpose.
- Always operate the product on a flat, stable surface.
- Do not attempt to open any part of the Motor Housing.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter where it may be tripped over or pulled.
- A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risk of becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. Extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use:
- The =iced electrical rating must be at least as great as that of the product:
- If the product is of the grounding type. the extension cord must be a grounding-type 3-wire cord;
- Arrange the longer cord so that it will not drape over a countertop or tabletop where it can be tripped over, snagged, or pulled on unintentionally (especially by children).
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
- Glass Jug
- Blade Assembly
- Blade Base
- Motor Housing
- Ice Crush Button
- Dial Switch
- Power Cord
NOTE: Parts 3-6 are initially assembled.
|Min. 2 mins
|Min. 3 sec.
WARNING! Handle the blades with care as they are extremely sharp. Use caution when attaching or detaching the Blades.
- Before using the product for the first time, wash all the parts except the motor housing in warm, soapy water, and then rinse and dry thoroughly.
CAUTION: Never immerse the motor housing in water or other liquids. Never use abrasive cleaners on any part of the product. Do not place any pans into a dishwasher or extremely hot water.
- Place the blade assembly (5) on the blade base (6).
IMPORTANT! Do not forget to place the gasket (4).
- Place the assembled blade base onto the jug (3) and then screw it on tightly.
- Place the motor housing on a flat, stable surface, and then place the assembled glass jug onto the top of the motor housing.
- Place the lid with the stopper onto the glass jug.
To Use the blender
WARNING! DO NOT process boiling liquids or hot ingredients. Allow hot ingredients to cool before placing them in the glass jar.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT fill the glass jar above the maximum level as indicated on the jar. Sonic mixtures increase in volume during blending and create pressure in the jar.
CAUTION: Do not operate the product until it is properly assembled.
- Ensure the product is unplugged from the electrical outlet.
- Pour liquid ingredients into the glass jug.
- Wash all solid ingredients and cut them into pieces small enough to fit into the stopper.
CAUTION: The glass jug has a six cups (48 oz. /1.5 liter) capacity. Do not over-fell it.
CAUTION: Do not use the product for mashing or grinding heavy foods (e.g., potatoes or meats) or to stir thick mixtures (e.g.. dough).
- After filling the glass jug with ingredients, place the lid with stopper securely onto the glass jar.
- Plug the product into a standard 220-240volt AC electrical outlet.
- Turn the Dial to the LOW or HIGH setting or hold the Dial in the PULSE position.
CAUTION: Never operate the product empty.
Warning! The maximum operating time is I minute. Allow it to rest for at least 2 minutes before using it again. After 5 cycles of operation, cool down the motor to room temperature, allow to cool down for approx. 30 minutes before using it again.
NOTE: If the blades are not operating smoothly, stop the product and add some liquid, or reduce the contents in the glass jar.
- To blend food for a short time, pulse operation can be selected by turning the Dial switch to “PULSE” setting. Hold the Dial switch at “PULSE” setting for this function. To stop blending, release the Dial switch.
- To use the ICE CRUSH function, press and hold the ICE CRUSH button with the Dial switch in the OFF position.
IMPORTANT! use Ice cubes only approximately 2cm3 In size.
- The blue light will illuminate when the blender is working.
- Turn OFF the product by turning the Dial to the OFF position, and then unplug the product from the mains power outlet.
WARNING: Always unplug the product when it is not in use or when left unattended.
- When the Blades have stopped turning, the glass jar can be removed from the Motor Housing.
Care and Maintenance
WARNING: Always ensure the product is unplugged from the electrical outlet before relocating, assembling, disassembling, or cleaning it.
CAUTION: Before disassembling the product for cleaning, ensure the blades have completely stopped and use caution when attaching or detaching them, as they are extremely sharp.
- Always clean the product immediately after each use. Wash all parts except the Motor Housing in warm, soapy water and then rinse and dry thoroughly. Never immerse the motor housing in water or other liquids. Never use abrasive cleaners on any part of the product. Do not place any parts into a dishwasher or extremely hot water.
- To disassemble the glass jug for a thorough cleaning, turn the blade base counterclockwise and remove it, and then remove the blades and the gasket from the glass jug. Use a small brush (not included) to remove particles of food lodged underneath the blades. To reassemble, replace the gasket and the blades into the bottom of the glass jug, and then turn the blade base clockwise to tighten onto the glass jug (refer to the Parts illustration).
- Unplug and clean the unit. 2. Store in the original box or in a clean, dry place.
- Never store the blender while it is hot or while connected to mains power.
- Never wrap the cord tightly around the appliance. Never place any stress on the cord, especially where the cord enters the unit, as this could cause the cord to fray and break.
12 Month Warranty
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expenses incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.