anko Foot Massager User Manual
Model No.: FR-F15-2
We recommend checking with your doctor before using the massager, especially if you have health problems.
Before using this appliance, read and follow all warnings and instructions in this manual, even if you are familiar with this product.
This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
The appliance has a heated surface. Persons insensitive to heat must be careful when using the appliance.
- Please read this instruction manual carefully before first use. It is advisable to keep this instruction manual for future reference.
- DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use this product for more than 15 minutes at a time. Allow at least 30 minutes cool down period in between uses. Extensive use could lead to the appliance overheating and reduce the life of the product.
- The unattended use of heat by children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous.
- This product is not to be used by very young children (0-3 years)
- Children under the age of three are not to use this appliance due to their in ability to react to overheating.
- This appliance must not be used by persons insensitive to heat and other very vulnerable persons who are unable to react to overheating if using the Heat Function.
- This product is not intended for medical use. It is intended only to provide a comfortable massage.If you have any concerns regarding your health, consult your doctor before using this appliance.
- Individuals with pacemakers should consult a physician before using this product. product.
- Massage should be pleasant and comfortable. Should pain or discomfort result, or if you experience pain in a muscle or joint for a prolonged period of time, stop use and consult your doctor.
- Never use the massager on open wounds, discoloured areas, areas of poor circulation or any areas of the body that are swollen, burned, inflamed or where skin eruptions or sores are present.
- DO NOT use the machine while under the influence of alcohol, sleeping pills or sedatives. It is normal to feel itching, tingling or see redness on area of the skin where the massager was used after use. These symptoms will soon disappear. However, if these symptoms remain for an extended period, we suggest you consult your doctor as there may be a more serious underlying issue.
- To prevent bruising, do not press too hard on the device.
- DO NOT leave the appliance unattended when in use or plugged in.
- Take care that children cannot touch the appliance when in use, and make sure they cannot reach and pull the power cord.To protect against the risk of
- electric shock, do not immerse the appliance, cord or power adaptor in water or other liquids.
- DO NOT use or store the product near sinks, baths or showers containing water or near running water.
- DO NOT use in the bath, shower, spa. pool etc.
- Always disconnect the power adaptor from the power point after use.
- DO NOT use this appliance if it has been dropped or any part of the appliance (including cord or power adaptor) has been damaged.
- The use of accessories not intended for use with this appliance may cause injuries to the user or damage to the appliance.
- DO NOT place this unit on other appliances, on uneven surfaces or where it could be subject to heat sources (e.g. radiators or stoves), direct sunlight, excessive dust
- This appliance should not be placed near a hot gas or electrical burner or placed in a heated oven.
- The appliance should always be switched off before disconnecting from the power supply. Never pull the cord to disconnect the power adaptor from either the appliance or the power point. Grasp the plug / adaptor body.
- There are no user serviceable parts in this appliance.
- If this appliance is to be used by a third party, please supply the instruction manual with it.
- Ensure children and babies do not play with plastic bags or any of the packaging material.
- DO NOT operate the appliance with wet hands or wet feet to reduce the risk of electric shock.
- DO NOT carry the appliance by the power cord.
- DO NOT use the appliance while sleeping or if feeling sleepy.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massager has a stimulating effect and may delay sleep.
- DO NOT use this product while in bed.
- DO NOT use machinery or heavy equipment while using this appliance.
- DO NOT cover the appliance while in use. The product will overheat and may cause fire, electrocution, damage to property or injury to persons. Prolonged Heat application can result in skin burns.
- This appliance is intended for human use only. Not for animals and pets.
- DO NOT Allow Pets or Animals to Lie or Chew on this appliance or on the
electrical cord etc.
- Never reach or touch an appliance which has fallen into water. Unplug from the mains power point immediately.
- Position the power adaptor cord properly so that it will not be walked on, tripped over or pinched by items placed on or against it.
- DO NOT store or use the appliance near or in high temperature areas.
- If the power adaptor or power adaptor supply cord is damaged, do not use. It mustbe disposed in order to avoid a hazard.
- ONLY for indoor domestic use. Industrial or commercial use invalidates the warranty.
- No liability can be accepted for any damage caused by non-compliance with these instructions or any other improper use or mishandling of appliance.
If you have any concerns regarding your health, consult your doctor before using this appliance. Individuals with pacemakers should not use this product. If you experience pain in a muscle or joint for a prolonged period of time, discontinue use and consult your doctor. Persistent pain could be a symptom of a more serious condition.
Additional Safety Instructions Relating to the Plug and Power Cord
If using an extension cord:
- The technical specifications of the extension cord must match or exceed the technical specifications of this appliance.
- Do not allow the cord to hang over the edge of the work surface or to come into contact with stoves or other hot surfaces.
- If the cord or plug are worn or damaged, do not use.
|Left Foot Opening
|Right Foot Opening
|Power Adaptor CW1203000AU
NOTE: If you forget to turn the massager off after use, the unit will automatically
turn off after approximately 10 to 20 minutes (depending on which setting you have
selected). A Maximum of 15 minutes is recommended for most people.
- Do Not use for more than 20 minutes at a time without a 30 minute cool down period in between uses.
- Do Not use more than 2 times a day.
- Always remember to turn off and unplug when not in use.
- Before first use, please read the Instruction Manual carefully.
- Connect the power adaptor cable jack to the massage appliance.
The socket is located underneath the appliance.
- Insert the Power Adaptor into the power point and switch on.
- The On / Off Button will start to flash and appliance is now ready for use.
Massage Control Operation
- Sit in a comfy chair with the massager at the front of the chair and slide your
feet inside the massager.
There are Five Control Buttons (Timer, Mode, Intensity, Heat, On / Off)
On / Of
After the unit is plugged in and turned on at the power point, the blue indicator light inside the On / Off button will start to flash.
Press the power button and the massager begins to operates in the default mode, being Mode 1.
The blue indicator light inside the On / Off button will stop flashing and remain permanently on. The Timer button, Mode button and Intensity button will also illuminate with a blue light.
- Refer to Massage Mode section for explanation on Mode settings.
- Press the power button again to stop the massager.
- The Blue indicator light inside the On / Off button will flash.
When the unit is powered ON and the massage function is started, press the heat button.
The blue indicator light inside the Heat button will illuminate and the rotating massage fingers under your feet will start to slowly warm up.
To stop the heating function, press the Heat button again. The blue indicator light will turn off.
- After starting the massager in default mode (Mode 1), press the Intensity button to increase the pressure massage on the instep. This will also force your feet down harder onto the rotating massage fingers for a more intense massage.
- Press the Intensity button once to enter medium intensity mode. The blue indicator light will change to green.
- Press the Intensity button again to enter highest intensity mode. The green indicator light will change to red.
- Press the Intensity button again to return to the default low intensity mode.
The red indicator light will change to blue.
- After starting the massager in default mode (Mode 1), press the Mode button once to enter Mode 2. The blue indicator light will change to red.
- Press again to enter Mode 3. The red indicator light will change to an alternating red & blue light.
- Press again to return to Mode 1. The red & blue light will change to blue.
Mode 1: (Blue Indicator Light) Will give you an intermittent (on / off) low intensity massage on the soles of your feet which intermittently rotate and intermittently change direction.
Mode 2: (Red Indicator Light) Will give you continuous low intensity massage on the soles of your feet which changes direction after approximately 30 seconds.
Mode 3: (Red and Blue Indicator Lights blink alternatively) Will give you an intermittent (on / off) low intensitymassage on the soles of your feet which changes direction during the cycle.
- After starting the massager in default mode (Mode 1), the blue indicator light inside the Timer button will turn on indicating the massager will automatically turn off after approximately 10 minutes.
- Press the Timer button once to change the auto off time to approximately 15 minutes. The blue indicator light will change to red.
- Press the Timer button again to change the auto off time to approximately 20 minutes. The red indicator light will change to purple.
- Press the Timer button again to change the auto off time back to
approximately 10 minutes. The purple indicator light will change to blue.
Note: Avoid using the massager before going to sleep or in conditions where you may fall asleep when using the massager.
Completion and Storage
- After you have finished using the appliance, unplug the power adaptor and disconnect from the appliance.
- Store the appliance safely in its box and in a dry place.
- Do Not wind the power adaptor cord around the appliance body as this will damage the cord over time. Simply loop the cable and place next to the appliance.
Cleaning the Appliance
CAUTION: DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER OR LIQUID.
- Turn off and unplug appliance prior to cleaning.
- Do Not immerse the appliance in water, or any other liquid.
- Clean only with a soft, very slight damp sponge.
- NEVER allow water or any other liquids to come into contact with the appliance especially the power socket or power adaptor.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, solvents, steel wool, scouring pads, brushes, or strong chemicals that might or might not be flammable and/or damaging to the product to clean.
|Power Not Switched On.
|Plug in power adaptor and Switch On at power point.
tf still no power, check the power point has power supplied by checking with another appliance such as a table lamp.
tf no power to the power point, call an electrician.
|Power adaptor not plugged into the appliance
|Insert small plug end on the Power adaptor into the appliance
|Appliance not switched on
|Press the On I Off button
|Refer to Section No Power for Remedy
|No Heat Function
|Heat Button has not been pressed.
|Press the Heat button. Button should illuminate with blue light
turns off automatically
|Product automatically turns off after a set time.
|Timer Button Blue Colour: turns off after approx. 10 minutes.
Timer Button Red Colour: turns off after approx. 15 minutes.
Timer Button Purple Colour: turns off after approx. 20 minutes.
tums off regardless of auto off settings
|Unit has overheated due to excess use without a cool down period.
Rotating massage fingers are jammed.
|Pressure massage is
too hard or too soft.
|Intensity setting is too high
|Change intensity setting to Blue light for low Intensity
Green light for medium Intensity Red light for maximum Intensity
|Pressure massage is not working
|Massage Mode not selected correctly
|Select Modes 1 or 2 (Blue or Red) indicator lights.
Warranty Against Defect
12 Month Warranty
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglectPlease retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expense incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.
For all technical queries or difficulties in operating the product and for spare parts, contact H.E. Group customer service 1300 105 888 (Australia) and 09 8870 447 (New Zealand).