anko Oil-filled Radiator User Manual
When using any electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions before using heater.
2. Do not use if there are visible signs of damage to the heater.
3. Do not immerse the appliance in water or other liquids or use near washbasins or sinks. Ensure that the appliance does not get wet (water splashes etc.,) and do not use it with wet hands.
WARNING! This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. Allow heater to cool before moving and then use the handle to move.
WARNING! To reduce the risk of fire, keep textiles, curtains, or any other flammable material a minimum distance of 1m from the air outlet.
WARNING! Do not use this heater in small rooms when they are occupied by persons not capable of leaving the room on their own, unless constant supervision is provided.
IMPORTANT! Extreme caution is necessary when heater is used by or near children and whenever heater is left unattended.
4. Always inspect your appliance before use. Do not use this appliance if it has been damaged, dropped, left outdoors or dropped in water. Have the heater checked by a qualified electrical person or the heater must be disposed of.
5. Always disconnect from mains power when the heater is not in use.
6. This appliance is designed for indoors ONLY. DO NOT use outdoors.
7. Avoid the use of an extension cords, extension cord may overheat and cause a risk of fire.
8. This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas or similar moist indoor locations. Never locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
9. Do not run power cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners or the like. Arrange cord away from traffic areas and where it will not be tripped over.
10. To disconnect heater, set controls to OFF, then remove plug from mains.
11. Keep this heater clean. DO NOT allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause electric shock, fire, or damage the heater.
12. To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked. Use this heater on horizontal and stable surfaces.
CAUTION: The heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored.
13. .Use this heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
Warning! In order to avoid overheating, do not cover the heater.
14. Do not use this heater in the immediate surroundings of a bath, a shower or a swimming pool.
15. The heater must not be located immediately below mains power socket-outlet.
16. For electrical safety, if the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified electrical person only or the heater must be disposed of.
17. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
18. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
19. This heater is filled with a precise quantity of special oil. Repairs requiring opening of the oil container are only to be made by the manufacturer or his service agent who should be contacted if there is an oil leak. When scrapping the heater, follow local council regulations concerning the disposal of the heater and oil.
20. The oil heater does not produce instant heat and not suitable for spot heating. Ideal for areas where constant heat is required for long period of time.
CAUTION: Some parts of this product can become very hot and cause burns. Particular attention has to be given where children and vulnerable people are present.
CAUTION: In order to avoid a hazard due to inadvertent resetting of the Thermal cut-out, this appliance must not be supplied through an external switching device, such as a timer, or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched on and off by the utility.
WARNING: Fire risk exists if the heater is covered by or positioned close to curtains or other combustible materials.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTION INSTRUCTIONS
Unpack your heater and find the wheel-holding plate and butterfly nuts
- Make sure the heater is unplugged and in the “OFF” position.
- TURN THE HEATER UPSIDE DOWN.
- Attach the wheel-holding plates onto the heater as shown in the figure. The U-plate is fixed between the last row of fins and the other one is fixed under the metal control chamber.
- Insert the butterfly nuts and tighten them securely.
- TURN THE HEATER UPRIGHT. Allow the oil in the heater to settle at the bottom for 5 minutes. Your heater is now ready to use.
WARNING: Risk of fire. Do not operate heater without wheel assemblies attached. Operate heater in upright position only (wheels at bottom, controls on top). Any other position could create a hazardous situation. Ensure that the surface beneath the heater is clean and free of any obstructions.
Note: It is not recommended that this heater be placed on high-pile carpeting or any other surface that impedes the flow of air underneath the heater.
OPERATING INSTRUCTION ON
1. Insert the plug into the suitable wall power outlet socket after setting the thermostat to “MIN” position and the power switch to OFF (0) position.
▪ Never use the unit in places where the floor is uneven. Make sure there are nothing flammable or any easily deformable objects within 1 meter (36 inches).
▪ Do not cover the unit.
▪ The heater is suitable for operation on an A.C. electricity supply having the same voltage as that shown on its rating label.
2. Rotate power switch to the Max position then turn thermostat knob to the “High (III)” setting. At this moment, the unit will begin to work. When the temperature rises to which you are satisfied with, slowly turn the thermostat counterclockwise until the power indicator light turns off, to keep the room temperature constant. If you want to raise or lower the room temperature, you can either turn the thermostat clockwise to raise the temperature or counter clockwise to lower the temperature, or set the power switch to “Low ( I )” position.
2. After use, turn the power switch to the OFF (0) position first, then turn the thermostat to the “MIN” position, and disconnect from mains power outlet socket.
1.The power indictor will light only when the room temperature is below the setting value of the thermostat.
2.The room must be insulted for best heating results.
3.The air inlets of the control chamber must be kept ventilated. If not, the thermostat will fail to function correctly.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTION NING ND M
1. The electric heater should be cleaned regularly to wipe out the dust on the surface of flanges, as this may influence the radiating efficiency.
2. Disconnect the electricity supply and allow the radiator to cool, before wiping out the dust with a soft damp cloth. Do not use detergent or abrasives.
3. Do not scrape the surfaces of flanges with sharp hard tools, to avoid surfaces getting rusty due to damage on the paint coat.
TECHNICAL DATA TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
Voltage : 220-240Va.c 50Hz
Power : 1000W
12 Month Warranty
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expense incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation