PLEASE READ AND SAVE THESE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
- To protect against electric shock do not immerse the appliance, power cord, plugs in water, or other liquids.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow cooling before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified electrician to avoid a hazard, or the product must be disposed of.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries
- The appliance is intended for household use only. Do not use outdoors or for commercial purposely other use will void the warranty.
- This appliance is intended to be used indoors in households and similar applications such as staff kitchen areas in shops, offices, and other working environments, farmhouses, by clients in hotels, motels, and other residential type environments, bed and breakfast type environments.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Only use the handle provided.
- Do not use appliances other than intended use.
- The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- The appliances are not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
- Do not use an extension cord with this appliance.
- Always operate the appliance on an even surface. Make sure that there is enough ventilation so that the hot steam can evaporate.
- To avoid the danger of fire, never leave the appliance unattended. And never use appliances near any inflammable materials, such as curtains, wall cabinets…etc., due to the risk of heat damage, burning, and or fire.
- Before connecting the appliance to mains power, the heating plates must be in a closed position.
- Use only heat-proof synthetic or wooden utensils when removing food out of the samosa maker to prevent damage to the non-stick coating on the heating plates. Make sure that the utensils are not pointed or have sharp edges.
Caution, hot surface. Care must be taken. The surfaces are liable to get hot during use.
- For cleaning the cooking surface, please refer to the section “Cleaning and Maintenance”.
SAVE THIS INSTRUCTION
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
BEFORE FIRST USE
The appliance has been packaged carefully to ensure the product is undamaged and in good condition after shipping. DO NOT use if the product is damaged, please contact Kmart for replacement.
Carefully unpack the appliance. Make sure not to discard any packaging material until all parts of the appliance have been found. Carefully wipe the exterior of the appliance to remove any dust that may have accumulated during the manufacturing process. Dry with a dry towel. Do not use harsh abrasive cleaners.
IMPORTANT! Place the appliance on a flat, heat resistive surface only. To prevent heat damage to the benchtop surface, i.e. vinyl benchtop, we recommend placing the appliance on a heat-resistant mat to protect the benchtop surface.
IMPORTANT! Before using the appliance for the first time, the cooking plates must be coated with cooking oil to protect the non-stick cooking surface.
- Brush or wipe the toasting grids with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Preheat the appliance by closing the lid and plugging it into an electrical power outlet.
- When the power is ON and while the appliance is preheating, the RED light will stay ON. It will come off once the correct temperature is reached.
- The appliance should preheat for a minimum of 2-3 minutes.
- The grids will reach optimum temperature in approx. 5 minutes, then the GREEN ready light will illuminate to indicate ready state and the appliance will stop heating. The appliance will begin to reheat again when the GREEN ready light goes OFF. This cycle (the GREEN light switching ON/OFF) will continue to maintain the optimum heating temperature in the samosa maker.
- Open the Samosa Maker and place the pastry on the bottom baking plate.
- Fill each compartment with the appropriate amount of filling, pressing the bottom half into the plate to help even cooking.
- Place the top sheet. Ensure it has fully covered the bottom sheet for a good seal.
- Close the Samosa Maker.
- Do not force shut. Steam may be released in between the cooking plates and care must be taken to ensure that fingers do not come into contact with the plates.
- It will take approx. 3-8 minutes to cook depending on different fillings and your taste preference.
- Open the Samosa Maker. Remove the samosa from the cooking plates using a plastic or wooden spatula. Never use metal knives as they may damage the non-stick coating.
- Repeat the above operation if more samosas are needed.
- Disconnect from mains power after use.
- During first use, the appliance may emit a small amount of smoke and/or odor due to lubrication burning off from the heating element. This is normal and harmless. Allow dry heating until smoke and odor no longer exist.
- If too much mixture is inserted into the appliance, the samosa maker cannot be closed. Never close it with undue force as this could damage the appliance.
- Never use sharp forks or knives to remove samosas as this would damage the non-stick coating on the braking surface. Use heat-resistant wood or plastic utensils only.
- Always unplug the appliance from the power socket when not in use.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
This appliance should be cleaned after every use.
ATTENTION: Make sure the appliance is unplugged from mains power and allow the appliance to cool down completely before cleaning.
CAUTION: Never immerse the Samosa Maker in water, other liquids, or in a dishwasher!
1. Wipe the cooking surface with a soft damp cloth every time after use. If it is difficult to remove residues, use a little oil to soften them.
2. Do not use any spray-on cleaners or metal objects as they can damage the non-stick coating.
1. Unplug the Samosa Maker from mains power.
2. Allow the appliance to cool down completely.
3. Do not wrap the power cord around the appliance.
4. Store the appliance in a dry location and out of the reach of children.
Voltage: 220-240V~ 50-60Hz
1 cup all-purpose flour
Water to Knead the dough
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp Ajwain (optional)
3-4 Potatoes (boiled, peeled & mashed)
1/2 cup Green Peas (boiled)
1-2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
1/2tsp Ginger (crushed)
1tbsp coriander finely chopped
Few chopped Cashews (optional)
Few Raisins (optional)
1/2tsp Garam masala
Salt to taste
Red chili powder to taste
1/2 tsp. Dry Mango powder( Amchur) (optional)
Mix all the ingredients (salt, oil, ajwain) except water.
Add a little water at a time.
Pat and knead well several times into a soft pliable dough.
Cover it with a moist cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
In a bowl, add mashed potatoes, all dry ingredients (salt, chili powder, mango powder, garam masala), green chilies, and ginger, and mix well. Add green peas, cashews, and raisins and mix well. Add coriander and keep aside.
Prepare the pastry cover on Samosa Maker as described on page 4 “OPERATION”.
12 Month Warranty
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expenses incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New