anko Sandwich Maker User Manual
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
- To protect against electric shock do not immerse the appliance, power cord, plugs in water or other liquids.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified electrician in order to avoid a hazard, or the product must be disposed.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries
- The appliance is intended for household use only. Do not use outdoors or for commercial purpose. Any other use will void the warranty.
- This appliance is intended to be used indoors in household and similar applications such as: staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments, farm houses, by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments, bed and breakfast type environments.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Only use the handle provided.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
- Never use the appliance if the supply cord is damaged. It must be replaced by a qualified electrical person only or the appliance must be disposed.
- The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- The appliances arc not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system
- Do not use an extension cord with this appliance.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory of mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children less than 8 years old.
- Always operate the appliance on an even surface. Make sure that there is enough ventilation, so that the hot steam can evaporate.
- To avoid the danger of fire, never leave the appliance unattended. And never use appliance near any of the in flammables, such as curtains, wall cabinet…etc., due to risk of burning and or fire.
- Before connecting the appliance to mains power, the heating plates must be in closed position.
- Use only heat-proof synthetic or wooden utensils when removing food out of the sandwich maker in order to prevent damage to the non-stick coating of the heating plates. Make sure that the utensils are not pointed or have sharp edges.
Caution : hot surface. Care must be taken. The surfaces are liable to get hot during use.
- For cleaning cooking surface, please refer to section “Cleaning and Maintenance”.
BEFORE FIRST USE
- The appliance has been packaged carefully to ensure the product reaches you in good condition after shipping.
- If the product is damaged, please contact Kmart for replacement.
- Carefully unpack your appliance.
- Make sure you do not discard any packaging material until all parts of the appliance have been found.
- Carefully wipe the exterior of the appliance to remove any dust that may have accumulated during the manufacturing process.
- Dry with a dry towel. Do not use harsh abrasive cleaners.
- Before using your appliance for the first time, the baking plates must be coated with cooking oil to protect the non-stick cooking surface.
- Brush or wipe the toasting grids with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Close the appliance and plug the appliance into the wall socket, the red power light will be illuminated and the appliance will begin heating. The red light will remain on until the appliance is unplugged.
- The grids will reach baking temperature in approx. 3 minutes, then the Green ready light will illuminate to indicate ready state and the appliance will stop heating. The appliance will begin to reheat again when the green ready light goes OFF. This cycle (the green light switching ON/OFF) will continue to maintain the optimum heating temperature in the sandwich maker.
- Open the appliance and place the two sets of prepared fillings on the bottom baking plate.
- Close the appliance. Press the top baking plate handle and lock with the locking clip on the handle.
- It will take approx. 3-5 minutes to cook depending on different fillings and requirement.
- Unlock the clip and open the appliance to take out the sandwiches.
- Repeat the above operation if more sandwiches are needed.
- Disconnect from mains power after use.
- Depending on the thickness of your food, it will take approx. 3 – 5 minutes to make a sandwich.
- During this process the appliance may emit a small amount of smoke and/or odour due to lubrication burning off from the heating element. This is normal and harmless! After dry heating, this should disappear.
- While the appliance is connected to mains power the red power indicator light will remain lit, the green ready light will cycle ON and OFF during use to maintain the optimum temperature.
- If too much mixture is inserted into the appliance, the sandwich maker cannot be closed. Never close it with undue force as this could damage the appliance.
- Never use sharp fork or knife to remove the pies as this would damage the non-stick coating on baking surface. Use heat-resistant wood or plastic utensils only.
- Always unplug the appliance from the power socket when not in use.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
This appliance should be cleaned after every use.
ATTENTION: Make sure the appliance is unplugged from mains power and allow the appliance to cool down completely before cleaning.
CAUTION: Never immerse the sandwich maker in water, other liquids or in a dishwasher!
- Wipe the cooking surface with a soft damp cloth every time after use. If it is difficult to remove residues, use a little oil to soften it.
- Do not use any spray-on cleaners or metal objects as they can damage the non-stick coating.
- Unplug the Sandwich Maker from mains power.
- Allow the appliance to cool down completely.
- Do not wrap the power cord around the appliance.
- Store the appliance in a dry location and out of the reach of children.
- Voltage : 220-240V– 50Hz
- Power : 750W
Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Few pieces of lettuce
- 4 thin slices bacon
- Softened butter
Spread one side of the bread with softened butter, put 2slices on the sandwich maker, buttered side down. Arrange the tomato, chopped lettuce and grilled bacon on top. Cover with the other slices of bread, buttered side up.
Scrambled Eggs and Bacon
- 4 thin slices bacon
- 4 slices white bread
- Softened butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 Oz butter
Grill the bacon and cut into pieces. Scramble the egg with butter, milk and seasoning until lightly set. Spread one side of the bread with softened butter, put two slices on the sandwich maker, buttered side down. Arrange the scrambled egg and bacon on top and cover with the other slices of bread, buttered side up.
12 Month Warranty
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart. Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expense incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.