anko Tower Fan
Model No.: BFT1803R
Note: The specifications and/or components of this appliance are subject to change without prior notice.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Carefully read this instruction manual before using appliance.
- Keep appliance out of reach of young children and pets.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Ensure children and babies do not play with plastic bags or any packaging materials.
- Do Not disassemble the appliance. There are no user serviceable parts inside.
- VERY IMPORTANT:
Ensure that appliance does not get wet (water splashes etc.).
Do not use appliance with wet hands.
Do not immerse appliance in water or other liquids or use near sinks, baths or showers.
- Always operate the appliance from a power source of the same voltage, frequency and rating as indicated on the product identification plate.
- Position the power supply lead properly so that they will not be walked on or pinched by items placed on or against them.
- Use appliance only for its intended use. Appliance is intended for household use only and not for commercial or industrial use.
- Do not use appliance if it has been dropped or any part of appliance (including cord or plug) has been damaged.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- The use of accessories not intended for use with this appliance may cause injuries to the user or damage to the appliance.
- Do not install the unit on other appliances, on uneven surfaces or where it could be subject to: heat sources (e.g. radiators or stoves), direct sunlight, excessive dust or mechanical vibrations.
- Appliance should not be used outdoors.
Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus that produce heat.
- Do not hang or wall-mount the appliance.
- Do not operate appliance underneath or near flammable or combustible materials (e.g. curtains). Keep at least 300mm clearance around sides, back, front and top.
- Do not allow curtains, drapes or any other items to drape across the appliance or openings.
- Unplug this appliance during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Do not block any ventilation openings.
- Never insert fingers or any other objects through the fan guard and ventilation openings.
- Do not use the product in oily or dirty areas (i.e. the kitchen, smoky place, etc), as the air vents may become blocked.
- Turn off and unplug before cleaning or storing.
- Any type of servicing, apart from ordinary cleaning, must be carried out by qualified electrical person only. There are no user serviceable parts in this appliance.
- If this appliance is used by a third party, please supply the instruction manual with it.
- Do not misuse the cord. Never carry the appliance by the cord or pull to disconnect it from the outlet. Instead, grasp the plug and pull to disconnect.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter the grille openings as this may cause damage to the appliance and/or injury to the user.
- No liability can be accepted for any damage caused by non-compliance with these instructions or any other improper use or mishandling of appliance
Additional Safety Instructions
If using an extension cord:
- The technical specifications of the extension cord must match or exceed the technical specifications of this appliance.
- Do not allow the cord to hang over the edge of the work surface or to come into contact with stoves or other hot surfaces.
- If the cord or plugs are worn or damaged, do not use.
- Unplug from the power socket by grasping the plug body – Do Not pull on the cord.
Read and Save These Instructions
Note: 2 x AAA batteries for the Remote Control are not included
Getting to know your Tower Fan
Congratulations on the purchase of your new Tower Fan.
Before first using your new Tower Fan, it is most important that you read and follow the instructions in this booklet, even if you feel you are familiar with this type of appliance.
Your attention is drawn particularly to the section “SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS”.
Find a safe and convenient place to keep this booklet handy for future reference.
Before First Use
Before using, there is some assembly required as follows:
CAUTION: Ensure the product is fully assembled before plugging it into an electrical outlet.
The Tower Top needs to be assembled to the Tower Bottom.
- Place the Tower Bottom on a flat level and stable surface.
- Take the Tower Top and align all six hooks over the holes in the top of the Tower base and lower down.
- With the Tower Top now sitting down on the Tower Bottom, slide the Tower Top forward until the front and back faces are flush with each other.
Note: you may need to use a small amount of force to get the two halves to align as the fitment is tight.
Whilst bracing the Tower Bottom front face, tap the Tower Top with the palm of your hand until the two halves are fully assembled.
- The Fan is now ready to use.
Instructions for Use
Note: 2 x AAA batteries are not included.
The Fan comes with a remote control for your convenience.
The functions on the remote control are the same as the buttons on the Tower Fan.
- To install the batteries, first remove the back of the remote control by sliding the battery cover down, then lift off. The direction to slide off is indicated by a small Arrow.
- Insert the batteries inside the battery compartment matching polarity icons with those in the battery compartment and then refit the cover securely
Battery Type: “1.5V 2 x AAA”
Do Not mix new and old batteries, or batteries of different types (e.g. Alkaline with Non Alkaline) in the remote control.
To prevent corrosion, remove the batteries if the remote control will not be used over a lengthy period.
Point the Remote Control at the control panel as this is the location of the receiver, then press your desired button.
Always operate the product on a flat, level, steady, and stable surface to avoid it overturning.
- Insert the plug into a standard electrical power point and switch on at the power point.
The “Nor.” indicator light on the front panel will illuminate Red indicating Power is supplied to the unit and is in Standby Mode.
- Press the On/Off button on the control panel, or the button on the remote control to turn the fan on.
Note: The Red Standby indicator light will turn off and a Blue indicator light will illuminate.
- The Fan will briefly start with “Mid” fan level but will then switch to Low Fan speed and “Nor” fan mode. This is the default setting.
- To increase the fan speed, press the “Speed” button on the control panel, or the button on the remote control and the fan will increase speed to the “Mid” setting.
- Press the speed button on the control panel, or the button on the remote control again, and the fan will increase to “Hi” fan setting.
- Press the speed button on the control panel, or the button on the remote control again, and the speed will cycle back around to “Low” fan speed.
- To Turn Off, press the On / Off button on the control panel, or the button on the remote control.
Fan + Swing (Oscillating)
- With the Fan already in use, press the “Swing” button on the control panel, or the button on the remote control to start the tower swinging (Oscillating) side to side.
- To turn Off the Swing, or to stop the fan swinging in a set position, press the “Swing” button on the control panel, or the button on the remote control.
- With the Fan already in use, press the “MODE” button on the control panel, or the button on the remote control.
- On the Control Panel, press the “Mode” button. Each press will cycle between, “Normal”, “Natural” and “Sleep” fan wind patterns.
- On the remote control, Press the button for Normal Mode, Press the button for Natural Mode and press the button for Sleep Mode.
a. The “Normal” Default Mode is set when the unit is first turned on. The wind remains a constant flow.
The Red indicator light will change to Blue colour when the Fan is in use and set in Normal mode.
b. The “Natural” variable speed wind mode automatically selects one of three variable speed wind speed patterns. Each Pattern produces a different wind pattern depending on the Speed Setting Selected.
These Wind Patterns simulate the variable speed wind that you would experience outdoors.
c. The “Sleep” mode creates wind patterns that are the same as the Natural Mode wind patterns, however, when the fan is set to either Medium or High Speed, the pattern will drop a speed level after approximately 30 minutes.
For Example: If High Speed Fan and the Sleep Mode is selected, this will be the same wind pattern as High-Speed setting in Natural Mode. However, after approximately 30 minutes, the wind pattern will automatically drop down to the same wind pattern as if Natural Mode was selected at Medium fan speed.
After approximately a further 30 minutes, the wind pattern will automatically drop down to the same wind pattern as if Natural Mode was selected at low fan speed.
The fan will continue to run in the Low Speed Natural Mode until manually turned off.
Note: To have the fan automatically turn off at your desired time in this mode, use the “Timer” function to select the auto off timer.
Auto Off Timer
Use this power-saving feature if you want the appliance to turn off automatically.
- To select the Off time, press the “TIMER” button on the control panel, or the button on the remote control once.
It will advance to 0.5h as indicated by the indicator lights on the control panel. The Fan will turn off after approximately 0.5 hours
- Each consecutive press of the “TIMER” button on the control panel, or the button on the remote control will advance the timer at 0.5h increments until it reaches a maximum time of 7.5h.
The time set will be indicated by the sum of the lights which are illuminated. i.e. if the 0.5h + 2h + 4h lights are illuminated, this adds up to be 6.5 hours. The Fan will turn off after approximately 6.5 hours
- To turn the timer off, or to reset to a new time, continue to press the “TIMER” button on the control panel, or the button on the remote control until is cycles back around where no time lights are illuminated.
- Press the “ON/OFF” button on the control panel, or the button on the remote control to turn the appliance off.
Care and Cleaning
- Turn off and unplug the unit prior to cleaning.
- Clean the body assembly with a clean, damp cloth and wipe dry.
- Never spray with liquids or submerge the Fan in water or any other liquid.
- Do not use flammable liquids, chemicals, abrasive creams, steel wool or scouring pads for cleaning.
- Switch off and unplug the unit.
- The Power Cord can be coiled and stored in the base of the Tower fan. Do not kink or pull the cable tight.
- Store in a cool dry well-ventilated area.
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expense incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.
For all technical queries or difficulties in operating the product and for spare parts, contact H.E. Group customer service 1300 105 888 (Australia) and 09 8870 447 (New Zealand).