ASUS Wireless-AC1300 Dual-Band Gigabit Router
NOTE: If any of the items is damaged or missing, contact your retailer.
A quick look at your RT-AC58U
Installing your router
1.You can set up your wireless router via wired or wireless connection.
- Wired: Connect the network cable (3) from your modem to the blue Ethernet port on your router. Connect another network cable (2) from your computer to the yellow Ethernet port on your router.
- Wireless: Connect the network cable (2) from your modem to the blue Ethernet port on your router. Turn on the Wi-Fi function of your computer or other devices.
2. Logging in to RT-AC58U web GUI.
- Wired connection
The web GUI launches automatically when you open a web browser. If it does not auto-launch, enter http://router.asus.com.
- Wireless connection
Connect to the network name(SSID) shown below. For better network security, change to a unique SSID and assign a password.
Once connected, the web GUI launches automatically when you open a web browser. If it does not auto-launch, enter http://router.asus.com.
3. Enter the default user name and password to log in to router’s web GUI. You can change the user name / password and assign rights in the web GUI.
4. Click Quick Internet Setup, then follow the instructions to complete the quick setup for Internet access.
5. Remember your wireless settings as you complete the router setup.
1. Where can I find more information about the wireless router?
- Online FAQ site: http://support-org.asus.com/faq
- Technical support site: http://support-org.asus.com
- Customer hotline: refer to the Support Hotline section in this Quick Start Guide
ASUS Recycling/Takeback Services
ASUS recycling and takeback programs come from our commitment to the highest standards for protecting our environment. We believe in providing solutions for you to be able to responsibly recycle our products, batteries, other components, as well as the packaging materials. Please go to http://csr.asus.com/english/Takeback.htm for the detailed recycling information in different regions.
Complying with the REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation, and Restriction of Chemicals) regulatory framework, we published the chemical substances in our products at ASUS REACH website at http://csr.asus.com/english/REACH.htm
Federal Communications Commission Statement
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following
- This device may not cause harmful interference.
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
WARNING! Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Prohibition of Co-location
This device and its antenna(s) must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Radiation Exposure Statement: This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. End users must follow the specific operating instructions for satisfying RF exposure compliance. To maintain compliance with FCC exposure compliance requirement, please follow operation instruction as documented in this manual.
WARNING! This equipment must be installed and operated in accordance with provided instructions and the antenna(s) used for this transmitter must be installed to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm from all persons and must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Compliance Statement of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
This device complies with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada licence exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Operation in the band 5150–5250 MHz is only for indoor use to reduce the potential for harmful interference to co-channel mobile satellite systems.
Radio Frequency (RF) Exposure Information
The radiated output power of the ASUS Wireless Device is below the Innovation, Science
and Economic Development Canada radio frequency exposure limits. The ASUS Wireless
Device should be used in such a manner such that the potential for human contact during normal operation is minimized.
This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20 cm between the radiator any part of your body.
This device has been certified for use in Canada. Status of the listing in the Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s REL (Radio Equipment List) can be found at the following web address: http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/ceb-bhst.nsf/eng/h_tt00020.html
Additional Canadian information on RF exposure also can be found at the following
Precautions for the use of the device
- Pay particular attention to the personal safety when use this device in airports, hospitals, gas stations and professional garages.
- Medical device interference: Maintain a minimum distance of at least 15 cm (6 inches) between implanted medical devices and ASUS products in order to reduce the risk of interference.
- Kindly use ASUS products in good reception conditions in order to minimize the radiation’s level.
- Keep the device away from pregnant women and the lower abdomen of the teenager.
Networks Global Hotline Information
- UK support e-mail: [email protected]
- For more information, visit the ASUS support site at: https://www.asus.com/support/
Simplified EU Declaration of Conformity
ASUSTek Computer Inc. hereby declares that this device is in compliance with the essential
requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU. Full text of EU declaration of conformity is available at https://www.asus.com/Networking/RT AC58U/HelpDesk_Declaration/.
Declaration of Conformity for Ecodesign directive 2009/125/EC
Testing for eco-design requirements according to (EC) No 1275/2008 and (EU) No 801/2013
has been conducted. When the device is in Networked Standby Mode, its I/O and network
interface are in sleep mode and may not work properly. To wake up the device, press the Wi-Fi
on/off, LED on/off, reset, or WPS button.
This equipment complies with EU radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled
environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20
cm between the radiator & your body.
All operational modes:
2.4GHz: 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n (HT20), 802.11n (HT40)
5GHz: 802.11a, 802.11n (HT20), 802.11n (HT40), 802.11ac (VHT20), 802.11ac (VHT40), 802.11ac (VHT80)
The frequency, mode and the maximum transmitted power in EU are listed below:
2412-2472MHz (802.11g): 19.99 dBm
5180-5240MHz (802.11ac VHT80 MCS0): 22.97 dBm
5260-5320MHz (802.11ac VHT40 MCS0): 22.97 dBm
5500-5700MHz (802.11ac VHT40 MCS0): 29.87 dBm
The device is restricted to indoor use only when operating in the 5150 to 5350 MHz frequency range. The adapter shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible.
- Use this product in environments with ambient temperatures between 0°C(32°F) and
- Refer to the rating label on the bottom of your product and ensure your power adapter
complies with this rating.
- DO NOT place on uneven or unstable work surfaces. Seek servicing if the casing has been
- DO NOT place or drop objects on top and do not shove any foreign objects into the product.
- DO NOT expose to or use near liquids, rain, or moisture. DO NOT use the modem during
- DO NOT cover the vents on the product to prevent the system from getting overheated.
- DO NOT use damaged power cords, accessories, or other peripherals.
- If the Adapter is broken, do not try to fix it by yourself. Contact a qualified service technician or your retailer.
- To prevent electrical shock hazard, disconnect the power cable from the electrical outlet
before relocating the system.