Beats Studio Buds – True Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds
|Active Noise Cancellation||Yes|
- Height: 2.55 cm / 1 in. (case) 1.5 cm / 0.59 in. (bud)
- Length: 7.2 cm / 2.83 in. (case) 2.05 cm / 0.81 in. (bud)
- Width: 5.1 cm / 2 in. (case) 1.85 cm / 0.73 in. (bud)
- Weight: 48g (case) 5g (bud) 58g (total)
- Other Features: Active Noise Cancelling, Bluetooth, Sports & Fitness, Wireless
- Form Factor: In Ear
- Connections: Bluetooth, WirelessPower Source: Battery
- Batteries: Rechargeable lithium-ion
What’s in the box
- Beats Studio Buds
- USB-C to USB-C Charging Cable
- Ear Tips with 3 different sizes
- Quick Start Guide
- ‘b’ logo Sticker
- Warranty Card
Mic Performance and Noise Cancellation
For the price, the Studio Buds provide adequate active noise reduction. They don’t use adaptive ANC like some earlier Beats devices, but instead use a fixed filter. It’s also not the same as the ANC on the AirPods Pro.
With Active Noise Cancellation, outward-facing microphones detect external sounds, which your Beats Studio Buds then counter with anti-noise, canceling the external sounds before you hear them. An inward-facing microphone listens inside your ear for unwanted internal sounds, which your Beats Studio Buds also counter with anti-noise. Transparency mode lets outside sound in, so you can hear what’s going on around you.
Switch modes on your iOS or iPadOS device
- Open Control Center on your iOS or iPadOS device.
- While wearing your Beats Studio Buds, touch and hold the volume slider until you see the additional controls.
- Tap the Noise Control icon in the lower-left corner.
- Tap Noise Cancellation, Transparency, or Off.
You can also switch between listening modes in Settings:
- On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Tap the “i” icon next to your Beats Studio Buds in the list of devices.
- Under Noise Control, tap Noise Cancellation, Transparency, or Off.
Switch modes on your Apple Watch
- While listening to audio through your Apple Watch, tap the AirPlay icon .
- Tap Noise Cancellation, Transparency, or Off.
Switch modes on your Mac
- With your Beats Studio Buds connected to your Mac, click the volume control in the menu bar on your Mac.*
- Choose your Beats Studio Buds, then choose Noise Cancellation, Transparency, or Off.
Pair with an Android device
Pair your Beats Studio Buds using the Beats app for Android.
You can also use Fast Pair to pair your Beats Studio Buds with an Android device:
- Make sure that your phone is using Android 6.0 or higher, and that it has Bluetooth and Location turned on.
- With the case lid open, hold your Beats Studio Buds near your phone or tablet.
- When you get a notification, tap “Tap to pair.” You’ll get a “Device connected” or “Pairing complete” notification.
- If you need to set up your Beats Studio Buds, tap “Set up now.” If you don’t get a notification, open the Bluetooth settings on your phone or tablet, and tap the device that you want to pair.
Pair with your Mac or with another device that uses Bluetooth
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Mac or other device.
- With the case lid open, hold your Beats Studio Buds next to your Mac or other device.
- Press and hold the system button on the charging case until the LED blinks.
- Open the Bluetooth menu on your Mac or other device. For example, on your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
- In the list of discovered Bluetooth devices, tap or click your Beats Studio Buds.
Use your Beats Studio Buds
When you take your Beats Studio Buds out of the charging case, they’re on and ready to use.
To control your music, you can use the Beats logo button on either earbud:
- To pause or play audio, press the Beats logo button once.
- To skip to the next track, press the Beats logo button twice.
- To listen to the previous track, press the Beats logo button three times.
Change the volume
To change the volume, say “Hey Siri,” then say something like “Turn down the volume.” Or drag the volume slider in the app you’re listening to, on the Lock screen, or in Control Center. You can also open Now Playing on your Apple Watch and turn the Digital Crown to adjust the volume.
Answer phone calls
To control phone calls, use the Beats logo button on either earbud:
- Press once to answer or end a call.
- Press once to answer a second incoming call and put the first call on hold. When two calls are active, this switches between calls.
- Press and hold to reject an incoming call.
- Press twice to stop listening through your earphones and send the call to your phone.
Use Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode
- Beats Studio Buds let you control how much you hear your surroundings. Press and hold the Beats logo button on either earbud to switch between Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency mode, and Off (to enable maximum battery life).
- You can select which modes the press-and-hold action switches between. While wearing your Beats Studio Buds, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Beats Studio Buds > Press and Hold Beats Studio Buds.
- If you set up “Hey Siri” on your iPhone already, then “Hey Siri” is ready to use with your Beats Studio Buds. If you haven’t set up “Hey Siri,” you’ll be guided through the setup.
- To activate Siri, you can say “Hey Siri,” or press and hold the Beats logo button on either earbud. When you hear a chime, say what you need. Learn what to do if Siri isn’t working.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you charge them?
To charge your Beats Studio Buds, place them in the charging case. When you need to charge both the earbuds and the case, place the earbuds in the case and connect the case to a power source with the USB-C cable that’s included with your Beats Studio Buds. You can also charge the case without the earbuds. (Note: USB-C power adapter sold separately).
How do you turn them on and off?
Beats Studio Buds automatically power on when they are removed from the case, and power off when placed back in the case with the lid closed.
Can you control your music?
Beats Studio Buds feature a multi-function button on each earbud. Press once to play or pause, twice to skip forward, or three times to skip backward.
How do you control noise cancelling?
Hold the multi-function button down to toggle between Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) and Transparency mode.
How do I improve the comfort, stability, and sound quality of your Beats Studio Buds?
Beats earphones come with several sets of eartips. Choose the pair that’s most comfortable and provides the best sound experience for you. If your earphones don’t already have eartips attached, choose a set of eartips and attach them. Then gently insert the eartip into your ear. You can adjust the eartip until it feels secure. To remove the eartip from your ear, twist the earphone gently and pull it away from your ear.
How do I activate Siri or other voice assistants?
On Apple devices, you can activate Siri hands-free just by saying “Hey Siri”. Or, change the function of the multi-function button to activate your voice assistant within your iOS settings. On Android, download the Beats app to change the function of the multi-function button to activate the default voice assistant on your device.
How do I configure the multi-function button?
You can configure the multi-function button to either toggle ANC modes or activate voice assistant. To do this in iOS, tap on the product icon in Control Center and select the “Press and hold” menu to choose your preferred function for each earbud. To do this on Android, download the Beats app from Google Play. Once your product is paired in the app, select the “Press and hold” menu in the product page to choose your preferred function for each earbud.
How long does the battery last?
Beats Studio Buds can provide up to 8 hours of listening time with ANC turned off, or up to 5 hours of listening time with ANC turned on. The case holds two additional charges for a combined total of 24 hours with ANC off, or 15 hours with ANC on.
Do they have a microphone?
Beats Studio Buds have multiple microphones on each earbud enabling high-quality call performance. Each earbud has 2 microphones dedicated to ANC and 1 dedicated to voice pickup.
How do I pair with my iPhone?
Beats Studio Buds are ready to pair right out of the box. On iPhone running the latest iOS, simply open the lid of the case, hold near unlocked phone, and follow on-screen instructions.
How do I pair with my Android device?
On Android, you can pair your product in a single tap using Google Fast Pair. In order to access the feature, you must have Android 6.0 or later, location enabled, and access to Google Play Services. If you meet those requirements, simply open the lid of the case, hold near unlocked phone, and follow on-screen instructions. You can also pair your product in the standard Bluetooth menu.
How do I pair with my Mac or with another device that uses Bluetooth?
Make sure that you turned on Bluetooth on your Mac or other device. With the case lid open, hold your Beats Studio Buds next to your Mac or other device. Press and hold the system button on the charging case until the LED blinks. Open the Bluetooth menu on your Mac or other device. For example, on your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. In the list of discovered Bluetooth devices, tap or click your Beats Studio Buds.
How do I pair with additional Bluetooth devices?
To pair to additional devices, place the earbuds in the case with the lid open. Then hold down the small circular button until the LED begins to flash. Beats Studio Buds are now in pairing mode and can be paired to any standard Bluetooth device.
Can I wear just one earbud?
Yes, you can use either earbud independently.
How waterproof / water resistant are these?
Beats Studio Buds are rated IPX4, which means they are resistant to sweat and water splashing from any direction. The case is not sweat or water resistant.
How do I keep my product up to date?
Software updates will occasionally be made available to enable new features or improve the product experience. These ‘silent’ updates are automatically enabled when connected to an Apple device. To stay up to date on an Android device, download the Beats app from Google Play.