Blaupunkt SMS401 Sandwich Maker User Manual
What is in box?
- To achieve the utmost in enjoyment and performance, and in order to become familiar with its features, please read this manual carefully before attempting to operate this product.
- Before using this device read the instruction manual and follow the instructions inside. The manufacturer is not liable for any damages caused by the misuse of this device due to inappropriate handling. Please keep this manual for future reference.
- This device is for domestic use only. Do not use for any other purposes.
- The device should only be connected to an earthed socket with values corresponding to the values on the rating label.
- It is necessary to check, if total current consumption of all devices plugged into the wall outlet does not exceed the fusain the circuit.
- If you are using an extension cord, make sure that the total power consumption of the equipment plugged into the extension cord does not exceed the extension cord power rating. Extension cords should be arranged in such a way as to avoid tripping hazards. Make sure the cable is grounded, 3- cores with a socket and an earth cable.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of counter, or touch any hot surface.
- The device is not designed to be controlled via an external timer, separate remote control, or other equipment that can turn the device on automatically.
- Before maintenance work always disconnect the unit from the power supply. When unplugging the power cord from electrical outlet, hold it by the plug only and remove the plug carefully. Never pull SMS401 2 the cable as it may cause damage to the plug or power cord. Damage to the power cord or plug can lead to an electrocution hazard.
- Never leave the product connected to the power source without supervision.
- Never put the power cable, the plug or the whole device into the water or any other liquids.
- The device should be cleaned regularly complying with the recommendations described in the section on cleaning and maintenance.
- Do not place the device near sources of heat, flame, an electric heating element or a hot oven. Do not place on any other device.
- This equipment can be used by children aged 8 years and over under as long as supervision is provided. People with reducedphysical or mental capabilities, as well as people with no previous experience of using this equipment must be supervised and made aware of the risks. The instruction manual should be used as a reference for the safe use of this equipment. Children should not play with the equipment. Children without ensured supervision should not be allowed to perform the cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Additional precautions should be taken when using this device in the presence of children or pets. Do not allow children to play with the device.
- Never use the product close to combustibles.
- Never expose the product to atmospheric conditions such as direct sun light or rain, etc… Never use the product in humid conditions (like bathroom or camping house).
- The power cable should be periodically checked for damage. If the power cable is damaged the product should be taken SMS401 3 to a professional service location to be fixed or replaced to prevent any hazards from arising.
- Never use the product with a damaged power cable or if it was dropped or damaged in any other way or if it does not work properly. Do not try to repair the defected product by yourself as it can lead to electric shock. Always return the damaged device to a professional service in order to repair it. All the repairs should only be performed by authorized service professionals. Any attempted unauthorized repairs performed can be a hazard to the user.
- Only Original accessories should be used, as well as accessories recommended by the manufacturer. Using accessories which are not recommended by the manufacturer may result in damage of the device and may render the device unsafe for use.
- Due to the high temperature caution is needed when removing cooked food, removal of hot grease or other hot liquids. The appliance can emit hot steam during operation.
- This appliance has heating function. Surfaces, also different than the functional surfaces can develop high temperatures. The appliance shall be touched only at intended handles and gripping surfaces and protective gloves are recommended (like kitchen gloves)
- Before storing, let the appliance cool down.
- Do not put into the appliance any products made of cardboard, paper, plastic materials or any other flammable or meltable objects.
- Do not move the appliance during operation and after operation, before the appliance cool down.
- Do not use metal utensils or sharp kitchen tools because they SMS401 4 may damage the non-stick coating of the plates.
Device is compliant with EU directives:
– Low voltage directive (LVD)
– Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
Device marked CE mark on rating label
When this crossed-out wheeled bin symbol is attached to a product it means that the product is covered by the European Directive 2012/19/EU. Please inform yourself about the local separate collection system for electrical and electronic products. Used appliance should be delivered to the dedicated collecting points due to hazardous components, which may affect the environment. Do not dispose this appliance In the common waste bin.
All unnecessary packaging has been omitted. We have tried to make the packaging easy to separate into three materials: cardboard (box), polystyrene foam (buffer) and poly ethylene (bags, protective foam sheet). Your system consists of material which can be recycled and reused if disassembled by a specialized company. Please observe the local regulations regarding the disposal of packaging materials, exhausted batteries and old equipment.
Your products is designed a manufactured with high quality materials and components, which can be recycled and reused.
- Power indicator
- Thermostat indicator
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Remove all the cardboards, papers, foils which secure the appliance and it’s parts. It is recommended to turn on the device first to „burn it out”. Keep the appliance operate for few minutes to get rid of manufacturing odour. Device could emit some smoke. That’s normal.
- Clean the device with suggestion mentioned in chapter CLEANING AND MAINTENECE.
USING THE DEVICE
Prepare all ingredients.
- Connect the device to the mains. Power indicator and thermostat indicator will light up. Device will start to heat up.
- When thermostat indicator will go off, appliance reaches high temperature and it is ready to work.
- Place the ingredients evenly over the bottom heating plate.
- Close the lid
- During operation the thermostat control light will light up and down. Thermostat will keep the optimal temperature.
- The cooking time is usually from 5 to 15 minutes, depends on the ingredients used and the taste preferences.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Before cleaning, disconnect the plug from mains and wait until device cool down.
- Clean with dump cloth, then dry with dry cloth or paper towel.
- To clean stubborn remains spread a small amount of cooking oil, and after a few minutes, gently
remove it with a wooden spatula.
- Do not clean the heating plates with sharp, abrasive cloths or sponges, or use scouring powder
because they can damage the smooth non-stick coating of the plates.
- Do not immerse device in water.