D-Link AX4800 Wi-Fi Router
High Speed Connectivity
- 802.11ax wireless specification delivers blazing fast wireless connectivity with increased range and reliability
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet WAN port for Gigabit Internet connections
- Four 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports to satisfy bandwidth-hungry wired devices
- Link aggregation on two of the Gigabit LAN ports, giving you up to 2 Gbps of total wired bandwidth.
Ultimate Router for the Connected Home
- Concurrent dual-band wireless for connections up to 4800 Mbps1
- 6 simultaneous streams, 1024 QAM and OFDMA revolutionize network efficiency – great for devicedense smart and connected homes
- Next-gen speeds up to 4.8 Gbps – 1.8 times faster than an AC router
- BSS Coloring increases range and reduces interference in “noisy” Wi-Fi environments1
- More bandwidth to support the barrage of data transmissions from all your smart home and IoT devices – without affecting data-intensive applications like 4K streaming and VR gaming.
Voice Assistant Compatibility
- Command your router’s functionality with your voice using Alexa or the Google Assistant
- Enable and disable your Wi-Fi guest zone, check login credentials, and reboot the system hands-free Why do you need Wi-Fi 6 (11ax)? Because your smart home isn’t reaching the limits of its potential. The most common Wi-Fi standards in use today simply aren’t built to support multiple personal devices and smart home gadgets running simultaneously 24/7. The DIR-X4860 AX4800 Wi-Fi Router brings next-generation Wi-Fi technology into your home, giving you the quantum leap in capacity and bandwidth to support more devices at once. By combining high-speed 802.11ax Wi-Fi with dual-band technology and Gigabit Ethernet ports, the DIR-X4860 provides a seamless networking experience with a high degree of convenience and flexibility.
Mind-Blowing Speed and Range
The DIR-X4860 AX4800 Wi-Fi Router brings a host of new technologies to create the best wireless networking experience to date. Unlike the existing 11ac wireless standard that operates only in the 5 GHz range, Wi-Fi 6 fully utilizes both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. It also comes with 1024 QAM to boost throughput to devices by up to 25%, and 160 MHz contiguous channel width for even more bandwidth. All this adds up to whopping combined speeds of up to 4,800 Mbps (600 Mbps + 4,200 Mbps). Built-in Power Amplifiers and beamforming extend the reach of your Wi-Fi and direct the signals where they need to go. Wi-Fi 6 lets you unleash all that lightning-fast Wi-Fi goodness over larger areas than ever – from bedroom and bathroom all the way to basement and backyard.
Made for Smart Home
The DIR-X4860 upgrades your network to the latest Wi-Fi 6 wireless technology which supports 6 simultaneous streams so it easily handles all the connected devices you can throw at it all at the same time. Enjoy simultaneous throughput to multiple devices for seamless high definition streaming media, VR gaming, and cloud storage. In addition, the 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet WAN port gives you fast paced Internet access, future proofing your Internet. The built-in Quality of Service (QoS) engine allows you to prioritize traffic to your preferred client, ensuring that your favorite devices are receiving optimal bandwidth.
If you thought MU-MIMO in your Wi-Fi was cool, wait till you meet Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA). It’s a signature technology in Wi-Fi 6 that splits a channel into four sub-channels. The result? Signals from multiple devices get transmitted together in one shot and never have to queue up again. Get an incredible 4x boost in your bandwidth capacity – perfect for smart homes filled with bandwidth-hungry IoT devices threatening to devour your Wi-Fi capacity.
Unprecedented Network Efficiency
There’s nothing worse than inefficient Wi-Fi putting a damper on your network experience. In environments with multiple routers or access points, BSS Coloring makes transmissions more unique by ‘coloring’ them with their own unique code resulting in less interference and more range in congested Wi-Fi environments. Target Wake Time (TWT) schedules transmissions for client devices efficiently, meaning they know when to be ready for data, and when to take a break, increasing your devices battery life. With the DIR-X4860, give your smart home the network efficiency boost it deserves.
Easy to Setup and Manage
Sharing your Internet connection doesn’t have to be a complicated process; just download the free D-Link Wi-Fi app for your compatible iOS or Android device and follow the on-screen step-by-step instructions to set up your DIR-X4860. You also have the option to use a web browser to access the setup wizard and manage your router. In addition, access control features allow you to restrict access to your network giving you greater control over network users. The DIR-X4860 even integrates voice assistant compatibility for Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant so you can control your network with voice commands.
Always Up-to-Date with the Latest Features
Tired of having to check the website or going to the DIR-X4860’s UI manually every so often to check for the latest firmware updates? The DIR-X4860 will automatically check daily for updates to make sure that the device always has the latest features with the most secure firmware and installs the update silently in the background. For an extra peace of mind, in the event of failure during an automatic or manual firmware upgrade, the router will store a backup system image in the memory beforehand.
|Device Interfaces||• One 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet WAN port
• Four 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
• IEEE 802.11 ax1/ac/n/g/b/a wireless LAN
|• One SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port
• One USB 2.0 port
• USB 2.0
|• Wi-Fi 2.4GHz
• Wi-Fi 5GHz
• USB 3.0
|Antenna Type||• Six external antennas|
|Wi-Fi Data Rate||• 2.4 GHz
• Up to 600 Mbps2
|• 5 GHz
• Up to 4200 Mbps2
|Standards||• IEEE 802.11ax
• IEEE 802.11ac
• IEEE 802.11n
• IEEE 802.11g
• IEEE 802.11b
|• IEEE 802.11a
• IEEE 802.3u
• IEEE 802.3ab
• IEEE 802.3az
|Minimum Requirements||• Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista or MAC OS X 10.6 or higher
• Supports Internet Explorer 10, Firefox 28.0, Chrome 28.0, Safari 6.0, and up
|• Network Interface Card
• Cable/DSL modem or other Internet service provider equipment with Ethernet port
|Security||• 802.11 128-bit AES
• Latest Wi-Fi security with 128-bit encryption
|• WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)|
|Advanced Features||• D-Link Wi-Fi App Setup and Configuration
• QoS (Quality of Service)
• DMZ (De-militarized Zone)
|• Firewall – Network Address Translation (NAT)
• Guest Zone
• Multicast Support
|Dimensions||• 241.35 x 338.80 x 211.32 mm (9.5 x 13.3 x 8.32 in)|
|Weight||• 732 g (1.6 lbs)|
|Power Adaptor||• Input: 100 to 240 V AC, 50 / 60 Hz||• Output: 12 V DC, 2A|
|Temperature||• Operating: 0 to 40 °C (32 to 104 °F)||• Storage: -20 to 65 °C (-4 to 149 °F)|
|Humidity||• Operating: 10% to 90% non-condensing||• Storage: 5% to 95% non-condensing|
|DIR-X4860||AX4800 Wi-Fi Router|
- The DIR-X4860 may not support all of the mandatory features, established in Draft 3.0 of the IEEE 802.11ax specifications
- Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11ac and 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, may lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.