D-Link DAP-1610 AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Range Extender
- DAP-1610 || AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Range Extender
- Quick Installation Guide
- Quick Installation Card
- Plug the Range Extender into a power outlet near your router.
- Download the D-Link Wi-Fi app and launch it.
- Tap Install New Device. Scan the QR code on the Quick Installation Card. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Did you know? From automatic firmware updates to seeing what devices are connected to your network, the D-Link Wi-Fi app makes setup and management of your Range Extender quick and simple.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why can’t I connect wirelessly or my wireless connection drops?
- Verify that your Range Extender is within range of your wireless router. Try plugging it into a location closer to the router and verify the Status LED is solid green.
- Note that when extending a wireless signal from a router or access point, devices connected to the Range Extender will not get the same speed/throughput as when connected directly to the router.
How do I change the wireless settings on my Range Extender?
- Open a web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari) and go to the URL found on the QIC or on the back of the Range Extender (i.e., http://dlinkapXXXX.local./).
- At the login screen, enter your Admin Password (If WPS Setup was used, the password is “password” by default) and click Log in.
- Go to Settings > Extender.
- Enter a new Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) and modify the security (Wi-Fi password) settings as needed.
- Click Save.
What is Mesh Smart Roaming?
With Mesh Smart Roaming, your Wi-Fi device (e.g. SmartPhone, Tablet) will automatically roam to the strongest Wi-Fi signal, eliminating the need to switch between your Router’s and Range Extender’s Wi-Fi signal as you move around your home.
Mesh Smart Roaming Requirements:
- The Wi-Fi device (e.g. SmartPhone, Tablet) must support the 802.11k/v standard.
- The Wireless Name (SSID) & Wireless Password must be the same on both the Mesh Wi-Fi Range Extender and your Wireless Router.
What if I forgot my Range Extender’s Admin password or want to reset my Range Extender?
- If you forgot your Admin password or want to reset your Range Extender back to the factory default settings, press and hold the reset button on the top of the extender using a paper clip and release after the Status light turns red. Note: This process will erase all your settings.
- Setup your Range Extender using your preferred method.
How do I setup my Range Extender using WPS?
- Plug your Range Extender into an available outlet near your wireless router and wait until the Status LED is blinking amber (this may take up to 3 minutes). You can move it to a more suitable location after it is set up.
- Press the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on your wireless router for 3 seconds. An LED should start blinking on your router. If it does not blink, see the important note above.
- Once confirmed that the WPS light is blinking on your router, within one minute, press the WPS button on your Range Extender for 2-3 seconds. The Status LED should start to blink green.
- When the Status LED turns solid green (may take up to 3 minutes), this indicates that your Range Extender is securely connected to your wireless router.
Your setup is complete! You can now unplug and move your Range Extender to a location between your Wireless Router and the area where you want wireless coverage. By default, your Range Extender will share the same Wi-Fi name and password as your Router. When using WPS setup, the default Admin Password is “password”.
If after moving your Range Extender, the signal strength indicator is showing one single amber bar or if your Range Extender LED does not turn solid green within 3 minutes, move your Range Extender to a wall outlet closer to your wireless router.
WPS may be disabled on some Routers or Modems. If the WPS Status LED on your Router or Modem does not start blinking when you have pressed the WPS button, try again and hold it a little longer. If it still does not blink, please configure your Range Extender by using the
D-Link Wi-Fi App.