Fisher-Price® DYH31 Swing Mode / Seat Mode Instructions
IMPORTANT! Keep these instructions for future reference.
- Please read these instructions before assembly and use of this product.
- Adult assembly is required. Assembly instructions on back side of this sheet.
- Tool needed for assembly: Phillips screwdriver (not included).
- Requires four C (LR14) alkaline batteries for operation (not included).
- Product features and decorations may vary from photographs.
Prevent serious injury or death from falls or strangling in the restraint system:
- Never leave child unattended.
- This product is not intended to replace a crib or bassinet for prolonged periods of sleep.
- Always use the restraint system.
- Discontinue use of product when infant attempts to climb out (approximately 9 months).
- Never use on any elevated surface. Use only on a floor.
IMPORTANT! The weight limit for this product is 25 lb (11,3 kg). If your child weighs less than 25 lb (11,3 kg), but is really active and appears to be able to climb out of the swing, immediately discontinue its use.
CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3 (B)
Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
- Protect the environment by not disposing of this product or any batteries with household waste. This symbol indicates that this product shall not be treated as household waste. Check your local authority for recycling advice and facilities.
FCC STATEMENT (UNITED STATES ONLY)
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
NOTE: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Loosen the screws in the battery compartment door with a Phillips screwdriver and remove the battery compartment door.
- Insert four C (LR14) alkaline batteries into the battery compartment.
- Replace the battery compartment door and tighten the screws.
- If the swing begins to operate erratically, you may need to reset the electronics. Slide the power switch off and back on.
Note: When battery power is low, the power LED flashes six times. If this should happen, replace the batteries with four C (LR14) alkaline batteries.
Battery Safety Information
In exceptional circumstances, batteries may leak fluids that can cause a chemical burn injury or ruin your product. To avoid battery leakage:
- Do not mix old and new batteries or batteries of different types: alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc) or rechargeable.
- Insert batteries as indicated inside the battery compartment.
- Remove batteries during long periods of non-use. Always remove exhausted batteries from the product. Dispose of batteries safely. Do not dispose of this product in a fire. The batteries inside may explode or leak.
- Never short-circuit the battery terminals.
- Use only batteries of the same or equivalent type, as recommended.
- Do not charge non-rechargeable batteries.
- Remove rechargeable batteries from the product before charging.
- If removable, rechargeable batteries are used, they are only to be charged under adult supervision.
Using the Restraint System
- Place your child in the seat. Position the restraint pad between your child’s legs.
- Insert the ends of the waist belts through the slots in the shoulder belts.
- Fasten the waist/shoulder belts to the restraint pad. Make sure you hear a “click” on both sides.
- Tighten each waist belt so that the restraint system is snug against your child. Please refer to the next section for instructions to tighten the waist belts.
- To tighten the waist belts: Feed the anchored end of the belt up through the buckle to form a loop A. Pull the free end of the belt B. Repeat this procedure to tighten the other belt.
- To loosen the waist belts: Feed the free end of the belt up through the buckle to form a loop A. Enlarge the loop by pulling on the end of the loop toward the buckle. Pull the anchored end of the belt to shorten the free end of the belt. Repeat this procedure to loosen the other belt B.
To tighten the shoulder belts: Hold the adjuster A and pull the front shoulder strap down B.
To loosen the shoulder belts: Slide the adjuster down.
Note: After adjusting the belts to fit your child, make sure you pull on them to be sure they are securely fastened.
Swinging, Vibrations, Music and Sounds
- Slide the power switch ON. The power LED turns ON.
- Press the swing speed buttons to select any of six speed settings. The swing speed LEDs light up to indicate the speed selected.
- To stop swinging, slide the power switch OFF.
- Press the vibrations button to turn soothing vibrations ON. Press the button again to turn vibrations OFF.
Music and Sounds
- Press the music/sounds button to turn music/sounds ON. Press the button again to select different music/sounds.
- Music/sounds turn OFF after approximately 30 minutes. To restart, press the music/sounds button.
- Press the volume buttons to adjust the volume level. If you’d like to mute music/sounds, press the low volume button until there is no sound.
Low Battery Indicator
- When you see the power LED flash six times, it’s time to change the batteries!
Please remove all parts from the package and identify them before assembly. Some parts may be packed in the pad.
Note: Tighten or loosen all screws with a Phillips screwdriver. Do not over-tighten the screws.
- Rotate the straight tube on each swing leg.
- Make sure you hear a “click“.
- While pressing a button on the rear cross brace, fit it into a swing leg.
- Make sure you hear a “click“.
- Repeat this procedure to insert the other end of the rear cross brace into the other swing leg.
- Turn the leg assembly over.
- Fit the front cross brace onto the swing legs.
- Insert two screws into the front cross brace and tighten.
- Turn the leg assembly upright.
- First, tilt the swing housing so the sockets are facing down.
- Then, fit the swing housing onto the free end of each swing leg. Push to “snap” in place.
- Pull up on the swing housing to be sure it is secure.
Hint: The swing housing is designed to fit onto the swing legs one way. If it does not seem to fit, turn it around and try again.
- Fit one side of the seat onto a swing arm.
- Insert two screws into the seat and tighten.
- Repeat this procedure to assemble the other side of the seat.
- Lower the seat bottom.
- Fit the seat pad back pocket onto the seat back.
- First, lift the seat bottom A . Next, fit the lower seat pad pocket onto the seat bottom B . Then, lower the seat bottom C .
- Fasten the buckles on the side of the seat pad to the buckles on the swing arms. Make sure you hear a “click”.
- Insert the waist belts through the lowest slots in the seat pad. Make sure the waist belts are not twisted.
- Smaller Baby
- Insert the ends of the shoulder belts through the lower slots in the seat pad back. Make sure the shoulder belts are not twisted.
- Larger Baby
- Insert the ends of the shoulder belts through the upper slots in the seat pad back. Make sure the shoulder belts are not twisted.
- Smaller Baby
- Fit the shoulder belts and waist belts through the slots in the body support.
- Fit the clip in the seat pad into the slot in the front cross brace.
- Make sure you hear a “click“. Pull up on the clip to be sure it is secure.
- Press the clip on the seat pad and pull up to remove it from the slot in the front cross brace.
- Fasten the clip strap to the bottom of the seat pad.
Storage and Care
IMPORTANT! Remove the batteries for long-term storage.
- Place the back of the swing on a flat surface.
- Press the buttons on the base 1 , and lower the legs 2 .
Hint: You need to press both buttons at the same time.
- Next, rotate the legs to the back of the swing 3 .
- Then, lift the seat bottom 4 .
- Lean the swing frame against a wall for storage.
- To remove the pad, unbuckle the straps on the side of the pad. Remove the restraints from the pad.
- Machine wash the pad and body support in cold water on the gentle cycle with a mild detergent. Do not use bleach. Tumble dry on low heat and remove promptly.
- To clean the frame, restraint system and toys, use a mild cleaning agent and damp cloth. Rinse with clean water to remove residue.
- To replace the pad, follow the assembly instructions.
- Periodically check the swing for loose fasteners or broken parts and tighten as needed.