LASER Bluetooth Audio Soundbar
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Read all instructions carefully before use.
- Retain manuals for future reference.
- Use this product only in the manner described.
- Only use a water-dampened soft-cloth to clean the surface of this product.
- The following will damage this product: any liquid such as water or moisture, extreme heat; cold; humidity, dusty or sandy environments.
- Only place this device on stable surfaces and ensure that any attached cables are secure and will not cause the device to fall.
- There are no user serviceable parts in this product.
- Un-authorized attempts to dismantle or repair this product will void product warranty
- Using this device near other electronic devices may cause interference.
- 1 X Sound Bar
- 1 X Remote Control
- 1 x Optical Fibre Cable
- 1 x 3.5mm Audio Jack Cable to RCA
- 1 x Mains Power Adapter
- 1 x Quick User Manual.
|HDMI (ARC) Input
|Composite RCA input
|DC In 12v (Power for speaker bar)
|Optical input (Audio)
THE REMOTE CONTROL
|ON / OFF
|Turn Sound Bar On or Off
|Mute or Unmute audio
|Surround sound (sound effects equaliser)
|Music sound (sound effects equaliser)
|Movie sound (sound effects equaliser)
|News (sound effects equaliser)
|Increase Volume (of sound bar)
|Previous music file / Radio station
|Pause or Play Audio while playing
|Next music file / Radio station
|Decrease Volume (of sound bar)
|SUB VOL –
|Decrease Volume (of Subwoofer)
|SUB VOL +
|Increase Volume (of Subwoofer)
|Select Audio Input via BLUETOOTH
|Select Audio Input via HDMI
|Select Audio Input via LINE IN
|Select Audio Input via USB
|Select Audio Input via OPTICAL INPUT
|Select Audio Input via COAXIAL
REPLACING THE BATTERIES
- Open the battery compartment by sliding the cover back.
- Insert the new battery as pictured making you have observed the correct polarity
- Close the battery compartment.
Note: the remote control has a usable angle of 30 degrees from the speaker IR receiver.
CONNECTING YOUR SPEAKER TO YOUR TV
You can connect your sound bar to your TV if you have a headphone Aux 3.5mm jack.
If your TV has an Optical port, you can connect the sound bar to your TV this way for digital sound. This method is similar in operation to the 3.5mm jack option.
HDMI (ARC) is the best option as it allows you to control the volume level of the sound bar using your TV’s remote control.
If your TV has this input option, HDMI (ARC) is the best connection method.
ALL CONNECTION TYPES
|Via Remote Control
|Via 3.5mm Audio Cable
|Connect your audio device to the sound-bar using the 3.5mm cable and press the LINE IN button.
|Via HDMI Cable
|Connect your HDMI device (such as BluRay or DVD player) to the sound-bar using a HDMI cable and press the ARC IN button.
|Via Bluetooth (Wireless)
|Press the BLUETOOTH button. Turn on your portable Bluetooth device and follow
the pairing instructions above.
|Via Optical fibre Cable
|Connect your Media device (such as BluRay or DVD player) to the sound-bar using an Optical Fibre Cable and press
the OPTICAL button.
|Via Digital Coaxial cable
|Connect your HDMI device (such as BluRay or DVD player) to the sound-bar using a COAXIAL cable and press the COAXIAL button.
- Press the BLUETOOTH button to toggle to the BT function. The BLUE indicator will begin to flash on the front of the speaker, which means the Bluetooth “pairing mode” has been activated.
- Turn the Bluetooth function on, on your device (smart phone or tablet etc).
- Scan for new devices, and look for SPK-SB166 to pop up on screen.
- Once connected and paired, the BLUE indicator will stop flashing to indicate pairing has been completed.
- You are now ready to listen to music wireless via your sound bar. Open your music files, select a song and press play.
WHAT IS ARC (HDMI)
ARC allows you to connect multiple Audio and/or Video (AV) devices using just the one connected HDMI cable. There is no need to connect each AV device separately.
TIPS ABOUT USING ARC
- ARC control will only work through HDMI sockets marked with “ARC”
- ARC must be turned ON in the user menu of all connected devices such as TV’s and receivers.
ARC VOLUME CONTROL
The primary benefit that ARC control can provide (refer to the user manual of your connected devices for more information) is to control sound levels of connected devices together, such as your sound bar and TV.
For example, if you increase the volume of your TV, your sound bar will also increase sound level. ARC is also able to power ON and power OFF your devices together but again, please refer back to the user manual of your connected devices for more information.
PROBLEMS WITH NON-ARC HDMI SOCKETS
Your sound bar may not work correctly when plugged into a non-ARC rated HDMI socket. The tell-tale sign of this is that you get no sound at all out of your TV and or Sound Bar even though you are increasing the volume on both. In this case, please check that you are using a HDMI socket that supports ARC.
|2 x 15 Watt
|Number of speakers
|ABS Plastic (Impact resistant)
|Sound bar dimensions
|86.5 x 8.7 x 6.8cm
Warranty Against Defects
Laser Corporation Pty Ltd (“Laser”) warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 12 months, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. The benefit of this warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and to other rights and remedies of the consumer under a law in relation to the goods or services to which the warranty relates.
Through a network of retailers and resellers, Laser will provide you with your choice of a repair, exchange (where possible) or refund (within Dead on Arrival period) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period.
This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse, normal wear and tear, neglect or improper storage. Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase
Step 1: Find your receipt which proves the date of purchase. Where the date of purchase cannot be verified, your place of purchase or Laser will make an assessment based on the date of manufacture, the condition of the Laser Product and the type of defect.
Step 2a): Contact your place of purchase. They will assess the nature of the fault and repair, replace or fund the product as per their store refund or warranty policy.
Step 2b): If your place of purchase cannot be contacted, then you can contact Laser. Customer Service with details of your defective Laser Product: Phone: (02) 9870 3388; or Email: [email protected] or online www.laserco.com.au/warranty (click on “Consumers (End Users)”). Our business address is at 1/6-8 Byfield Street, North Ryde, NSW 2113
Step 3: Laser will issue you with a Return Authorisation (RA) number within 48 hours. When requested, send us the defective Product and a copy of your receipt. Laser will cover the cost of the return delivery.
Step 4: Wait for us to contact you. Once we have received your defective Laser Product for inspection, we will inform you of our assessment of your claim within 7 days. When we contact you, we will firstly let you know whether you have a valid claim under this Warranty, and if so, we will inform you whether your defective Laser Product will be replaced or repaired, together with the number of days you can expect to wait to receive your replaced or repaired Laser Product.
Step 5: For further details on warranty cover and returns, please check Terms and Conditions for Warranty Returns section on http://www.laserco.com.au/warranty
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.